Genesee Gardens

4495 Calkins Rd, Flint, MI, 48532

Reviews of Genesee Gardens

January 30, 2016

By Dennis35

My mother really enjoys Genesee Gardens. They provide three great meals a day. Her housekeeping is taken care of. She really enjoys this place. I think the food is very good. She is not really active, so she is not involved in any of the activities that they have. They do have groups that come in, and she enjoys that. Somebody will come in, and play music. She enjoys those kinds of things. The people are so friendly, and helpful. The facility, and the layout are very nice. My mother has a beautiful apartment that has a very large bedroom, lots of closet space, and a really nice living-room.

July 29, 2015

By Pat110161450

We had lasagna during our visit at Genesee Gardens, and it was really good. The dining room was very nice. We saw a one-bedroom apartment, and it was nice. It was very welcoming.

January 16, 2015

The one that we were most impressed with was Genesee Gardens. Everything was fine -- I felt everything there was positive. I would absolutely recommend it to others, and I already have.

November 11, 2014

Genesee Gardens was a 5-star facility, and it would take our dog. A lot of them said "pet friendly," but it was only up to dogs and cats less than 20 pounds. We had a 75-pound Labrador. The surrounding and the rooms were 5-star, excellent. Maybe a little on closet space, but most of them are. The staff was also 5-star. I could not say anything less than fantastic.

March 26, 2014

By Beverly31

We were able to come across Genesee Gardens because some of my friends are there. My brother-in-law fairly enjoys the facility. He also loves the meals. He was able to develop friendships. The staff were actually incredible people; very loving and caring. His apartment is very spacious. It's like his home now. His bedroom can accommodate a king-sized bed. In his bathroom, they put additional grab bars in that we requested and it was wonderful.

March 20, 2014

I liked Genesee Gardens or I wouldn't put my mother in there. It's clean. It didn't have the smell, the look and the feel of a community that you would put your seniors in. The home care part of the staff is absolutely incredible. The management part of the facility, I think it needs a little bit of work. The rooms are clean and spacious. There's always something going on, like scrapbooking, movie nights and popcorn, bingo, singing songs, they bring people in and do sketching and shows.

October 28, 2013

I love Genesee Gardens. I like their independent living. It was a very nice place. Cleanliness was very good in this place. However, my daughter didn't want me in Flint. The staff seemed wonderful. Their apartments were really nice. I liked them too. However, there was barely any counter space to put stuff on. They need to put more cupboard space in their apartments. Nevertheless, I would recommend this place.

September 20, 2013

By George40

The big problem I have with Genesee Gardens is that they only have one elevator in the building. So if you have to be at their dining area at mealtime, everybody is lining up for the elevator, and because some of the residents there have walkers and some even have wheelchairs even, getting to your destination is sort of a problem. I don't want to get stuck in that kind of a deal. I would recommend this facility but I'll tell them that there's only one elevator in the building. I believe they could do better with having another elevator. Otherwise it is quite a nice place. In terms of staffing, with the little I had to do with them, they're all helpful and nice. This facility noteworthy has nice rooms for their residents.

August 28, 2013

By Bill26

I have come across Genesee Gardens on the internet, so I went there and visited it. I had a meal there and it tasted good. The place looked fine. It was well-kept and well-maintained. They have a big dining room and activity room.

Photos of Genesee Gardens

Features of Genesee Gardens

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• General Store
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, 24/7 Live In Managers

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class, Bean Bag Baseball, Wednesday Is Invite Your Friend To Lunch

• Home Sale Assistance

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

About Genesee Gardens

Genesee Gardens is located in Flint, MI, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Genesee Gardens for a visit...and stay!

Three Chef-prepared meals a day Travel Program 24/7 live-inmanagers