Signature Senior Living | Independent Living
Talk to a Family Advisor:
From Signature Senior Living
Welcome to Signature Senior Living
Located in the heart of Brooklyn, Signature Senior Living (formerly Scharome Manor) is a six-story building overlooking the tree-lined boulevard of Ocean Parkway. Newly renovated and state-the-of-the-art, our expansive residence features beautifully appointed suites, a gourmet Glatt Kosher dining experience, well-outfitted lounges, a lovely patio area and an on-site Synagogue.
Our 6th floor is home to a self-contained, secure Memory Unit, with its own dining, entertainment and special recreation programming.
Our staff of dedicated professionals envelop our residents with loving, attentive care, while simultaneously promoting each resident’s independence and individuality. Assistance with daily living activities is provided based upon need.
Signature Senior Living offers seniors the opportunity to enjoy a vital lifestyle in a luxurious assisted living setting. Step into our gracious lobby enhanced by a baby grand piano and oversized aquarium and you’ll be inspired by our welcoming hotel-like ambiance. Here, residents bask in the warmth of friends and our devoted staff while taking advantage of an array of amenities, stimulating social activities and customized care plans.
Our central location at the corner of Ocean Parkway and Foster Avenue, within walking distance of many neighborhoods, allows you to remain close to those dearest to you.
A Secure Environment for the Memory Impaired
Our 6th floor is a dedicated and secure unit for residents struggling with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. Staffed by trained health care professionals – including an attending physician, licensed nurse, registered dietitian, case manager, personal care attendants, medication assistants, social worker, psychologist/psychiatrists and therapeutic recreation assistants – this unit is self-contained with its own dining area and specialized recreation program. Our goal is to affirm the dignity, identity and self-esteem of each resident.
Our specialized programming caters to the uniqueness of each resident and features sensory and cognitive activities, reminiscence therapy and failure-free pastimes.
To better understand the disease process of dementia and effectively deliver safe care, our well-educated staff members take part in ongoing comprehensive training program conducted by Dementia Care Professionals.
To ensure our residents’ comfort, we deliver an array of services & amenities including:
- Glatt Kosher Fine Dining
- Luxurious Private & Semi-Private Rooms
- 24-Hour Concierge
- Daily Housekeeping / Weekly Laundry
- Personal Care Assistance
- Medication Ordering & Administration
- Comprehensive On-site Medical Staff including Full-Time Registered Nurse & Physician On Call 24/7
- On-site Physical, Occupational & Speech Therapy
- On-site Beauty Salon*
- Exciting Recreation Program
- On-site Shul with Daily & Shabbos Minyanim
- Airy Lounges with Couches, TV & Game Tables
- Beautiful Patio Area
- Transportation to & from Medical Appointments*
- Individualized Care Packages available*
- Case Management
- On-site Parking for Families
Thank you for your interest at The Signature Senior Living. Please give us a call to schedule a Free Tour.
What Makes Us Special
Five Star Luxury
Features of Signature Senior Living
Technology and entertainment
- Cable TV in resident's rooms
- Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas
- Medication Management
- Physical therapy
Room and housing options
- Studio apartments
- Companion suites: We offer companion suites
- Computer room
- TV room
- Parking for residents
- Transportation for residents (shuttle bus or similar)
- Shared space where residents can host parties
- Arts, woodworking, craft
- Organized offsite activities (outings, etc)
- Religious services
- Lectures and discussions
- Book clubs
- Guests can attend meals
- Laundry service for clothes
- Laundry service for linens
- We charge monthly rent plus additional fees for specific care needs, as needed
- Monthly rent is all inclusive
- Minimum rate: $4,000/month
- Meals in a shared dining room
- Pets: No pets allowed
- We help families understand VA benefits
- We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
Reviews of Signature Senior Living | Independent Living
No Reviews Yet!
Location of Signature Senior Living
Get Cost Information
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities