Royal Oaks Independent Living

Overview of Ratings

4.6

July 03, 2014

By AnonymousRO1

Things I like about Royal Oaks: Friendliness of residents Multitude of activities & events - "Something for everyone." Meals adaptable for many types of diets, and surprisingly good. Helpful transportation for those of us who don't drive. Capability and prompt response of staff and maintenance for repairs, replacements, etc. Nurse office on premises. Beauty Shop on premises. Acorn Room sell toothpaste, greeting cards. Monthly weight and blood pressure checks if wanted. Interesting and talented residents who are fun to meet and be with. Residents came from many states.

July 03, 2014

By Canolisue

My wife and I had looked at several senior residences in the past out of curiosity. Her mother had been a resident in another one prior to her death. My wife had worked as a volunteer there for several years and was familiar with what they offered and generally if there was a homey, family atmosphere rather than an institutional aura about them. Finally, after several falls, stays in the hospital and visible concern of our daughter we decided that we really weren’t ‘too young’ after all, and to ‘get real’ and look around again. We visited three different places in the area, all of which were lovely. Of these three, Royal Oaks was the one that impressed us the most. There were a number of reasons that we were drawn to Royal Oaks. First of all the general overall beauty of the well-maintained grounds and a feeling of home and safety one senses when entering the property. We were shown a number of available apartments. While all were very attractive and seemed acceptable for occupancy, the sales person explained that they could be modified to some extent, based on the desires of the potential new resident. The person at the front desk was so capable, friendly and genuine. He made us feel at home and that he really liked people. There was an impressive lobby, great room and dining room. One could greet and entertain guests there with no misgivings. They feature marvelous holiday brunches fit for a king. There is a wonderful staff at every position, from management through service and mechanical positions. All are competent, polite, cheerful and desiring to ‘do a good job’. Royal Oaks is very well maintained. It is cleaned regularly and is spotless in all the public areas. The other residents are what one would hope them to be and would select as neighbors if that was even possible.. Finally, but most certainly not the least important, is that skilled nursing and assisted living accommodations are available on the grounds. If one’s loved one becomes infirm, the other person rapidly recognizes what a wonderful benefit it is. There are other excellent qualities. Come see for yourself. It can’t hurt and you might be grateful that you did! You may even be invited to lunch.

June 29, 2014

By LUVITHERE

Security - stress-free environment - cultural enrichment opportunities - new friends - beautiful campus with easy access to major metropolitan center. Not one moment of regret in moving to this caring community.

July 31, 2013

By The Smocks

We were so well informed by the Marketing Staff that there have been no surprises except very pleasant ones.

July 06, 2013

By Ruth G.

I give Royal Oaks an A+ for their annual "Celebrate America" held this year July 3rd. Red, white and blue balloons and flags decorated tables, planters, walls and walkways. All staff and residents were dressed in patriotic attire. The event started at 4:30 with a delicious BBQ buffet. At 6:30 the fun really began under the oaks. As the resitdents and guests sipped root beer floats, they were entertained by a young gypsy jazz group. A great evening was enjoyed by all.

September 15, 2012

By Faith P

Approach this organization with great care. Extraordinarily expensive and "surprises" crop up regularly. Contracts require enormous "up-front" buy-ins and once the resident is located, tremendous pressure is put on the resident to "submit" to a different contract with different terms that are much more favourable to the facility. The resident is essentially forced to "sign on the NEW dotted line" or "move out in 24 days." My mother regretted her decision to enter "Ponzi Oaks" until they day she died. be.group = be.careful.

August 14, 2012

By Marlene2

I'm from Georgia before, and I'm glad to find a facility in California. It's near my loved ones. They have a nice scenery and amazing backyard. The facility is nice and they have a big beautiful garden. They have a swimming pool and a big gym so that all the residents can still enjoy their daily lives in the community. All the people and staff from Royal Oaks are really caring. They are exceptionally very friendly and great! I would highly recommend this beautiful place to live.

November 03, 2011

By Michael F.

I would have to say that this is the best facility that I have ever visited in my caregiving career. The staff were very friendly and attentive to the clients, yet gave them the needed space to still classify it as independent living. The view was amazing. They provided a garden for their clients to care for plants and to grow flowers, and the stream flowing behind the facility made a great water-flowing noise in the evening that my client said "gave her the best sleep ever."

August 22, 2011

By Royally Pampered

I have now spent 7 years now in "Seventh Heaven" here at Royal Oaks where all of my needs are beautifully taken care of by well-trained, caring staff in an aesthetically pleasing environment among friendly, stimulating fellow residents. Activity choices are varied and voluntary. Meal hours are flexible with a wide choice of appealing menu items and dining companions. What more could anyone ask?

August 19, 2011

By Mary Ann Prelock

Not ready -- too young -- but circumstances convinced me it was time to bite the bullet and take the first step toward my Third Act in life. I've lived at Royal Oaks just a year, and have never had a moment of regret. Beautiful campus, wonderful apartment, stress-free environment, stimulating intellectual and physical opportunities, caring and sensitive staff -- WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE?

August 18, 2011

By CF Brubaker

I have lived at RoyalOaks almost 9 years. As a provider of Independent Living, Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing Royal Oaks of Be.Group is the best. I am a former volunteer of 23 years in the Be.Group formerly SCPH and I have great respect for the Headquarters group and for our staff at this facility. Both my wife and i have been in Skilled Nurseing for recoveer from surgery. The care of the staff is magnificent. We hae a plan that includes 1 meal a day and the dining room and food served there is great, both in quality and in healthy nourishment.

Photos of Royal Oaks

Features of Royal Oaks

• Detached Homes

• Golf
  • Pool

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Licenses: DHS: 950000121, DSS:191502216, COA: 301

About Royal Oaks

Royal Oaks offers a peaceful oasis for seniors looking to enjoy California retirement living at its finest. Tucked away in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains along historic Route 66, our community is just minutes from major freeways and all of the cultural and recreational attractions of Los Angeles.

Royal Oaks is owned and managed by HumanGood, a nonprofit public benefit corporation serving older adults since 1949.

Featured Amenities

Our luxurious apartment homes come in a selection of layouts to suit a variety of lifestyles. Choose from studio, one- and two-bedroom floor plans, some of which feature multiple bathrooms, full kitchens, in-unit laundry facilities, fireplaces and private patios or balconies. All apartments come with plush carpeting, ample closet space and full baths in suite.

At Royal Oaks, you’ll have to do nothing more than step outside your front door to enjoy the many community amenities we have available. Take a cool dip in our outdoor swimming pool or practice your swing on our putting green. Challenge your friends to a game of pool in our billiards room or explore your creative side in our arts studio.

Available Services

We are proud to offer a range of senior living options. From independent living to assisted living to 24-hour skilled nursing care, we are here to support you in your retirement years. Our professional staff is available to provide assistance with life’s daily activities, such as dressing, grooming and managing medications, and our skilled nursing center offers both acute as well as long-term care.

To help you make the most out of your retirement years, we take care of the housekeeping, landscaping, building maintenance, local transportation and provide 24-hour security. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are prepared fresh on-site and served daily in our community dining room.

For more than fifty years, Royal Oaks has set the standard for gracious retirement living in Los Angeles County.

Property Info
  • Computer/Internet Access
  • Cable/Satellite TV
  • Dedicated Concierge
  • Pet Policy: Pets allowed
  • Special Meals: Diabetic, Low-salt, Gluten-free, Low-fat, Pureed, Renal, Vegetarian
  • Meal Service Available
Services
  • Nurse Availability: On Site 24/7
  • On-Site Medical Visits: Geriatric physician, Podiatrist, Speech Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist
  • Diabetes Care