Home Instead Senior Care - Salem, OR

Overview of Ratings

4.7

March 31, 2016

By Annamae D. Layton

Your courage and caring was absolutely excellent and everyone involved were so very caring and compassionate in taking care of Joe. Thank you all so very much.

January 29, 2016

By Neekers313

While we were very confident in the care that was provided by our care giver, the office staff is difficult to work with. While I didn't call often, when I did, they didn't always answer the phone or the person I needed to talk to wasn't available - they'd take a message and I'd never hear back. This happened way too often. We have since discontinued our services with them and it has been 6 weeks and we haven't received our deposit back. I have called several times and they continue to say that they'll "get to it this week". I would not go through them again for care for a loved one, even though we loved our care giver.

We are so sorry that your experience with our office staff was not a favorable one. We have taken your comments to heart and are working on making our communication more effective and efficient. Our sincere apologies regarding your deposit – that was entirely our fault, and we have taken steps to make sure it doesn’t happen to another client. --Home Instead Senior Care

January 29, 2016

By Terry Burke Eiserling

Darlene V. is my mom's care provider - she's top notch! She's an independent starter, knows what she is doing and certainly cares for my parents. Darlene is a good fill-in for me since I am 1,000+ miles away. Services, compassion and quality of care is top notch!

January 19, 2016

By L Stines

From the first phone call to our current situation with round the clock caregivers, we are continuously amazed at the gem we have found in Salem's Home Instead. The owners, scheduler's and caregivers are wonderful! Accessible & caring - they have completely dismissed any and all apprehensions we had when we started this journey. Our dad lives in Salem and we four kids are spread out all over the country. Salem's Home Instead Senior Care would rate even higher if more stars were available. Thank you to the whole team. L Stines & Family

October 31, 2015

By Lou Siegmund

We had 24-hour care for my mother for seven days plus three 12-hour days after she was released from the hospital. All of the ladies that came were on time, neat, pleasant, and caring. Bobbi did a great job in setting this up in 1 1/2 days. I would definitely call them again. My mother enjoyed visiting with the caregivers.

October 31, 2015

By Rita Hathaway

I have light carpet and do not wear shoes in the house. My family removes their shoes. Utility and service personnel wear paper booties over their shoes when entering. The caregivers wore shoes. Some were dirty and left stains on the carpet. I had other caregivers use carpet remover many times to remove the stains. I have hardwood oak floors in the kitchen. Spilled water leaves white spots unless wiped up immediately. Some caregivers needed to be reminded many times.

October 28, 2015

By David Kennell

Dad really liked Vera and Darlene. I was with dad this last 4 days and everyone I met was very nice and caring. Thank you!

September 30, 2015

By Wilbur Wood

Jennifer and Beth are amazing. This has been such a great help to my father. Thank you

April 07, 2015

By caregivingdaughter

Other

Working with Home Instead (Salem, OR) has been an incredibly wonderful experience. The owners are very in tune with the services that are both needed for you and your loved one, as well as what they can help provide. In fact, they guided us well when we began. When we weren't sure what was needed (mom was already in an assisted living facility), they were able to guide us in how they could help care for her and add to her participation in life. The owners and staff make certain that the caregivers are well-trained and educated as to how they can communicate, work with and truly assist the client. And better yet, when they don't know, caregivers and/or staff ask questions to insure that you're getting the assistance you need! We found their work to be superb on behalf of our mother and she found it comforting for them to be there with her to assist her with her daily routines such as toileting, getting up for the day, getting dressed and down to meals in a timely manner, and much, much more. They didn't just "assist" her, they made her feel like she mattered; something she had been missing for awhile. They encouraged her to read books, work puzzles, get involved in activities at the ALF -- and keep her informed of whatever was happening around her. The caregivers are focused on making sure the client is engaged and participating in life, rather than just watching life go by. I can't say enough about the level of care, encouragement, and integrity of this company. If you're going to need help (and you probably will), look no further! Home Instead is EXACTLY where you want to go for that information and assistance. In your research, I would recommend beginning with Home Instead; it will save you from having to interview further!

April 17, 2013

By Lynn12

We chose Home Instead in Salem, OR because we heard about it from a friend who's a doctor. He used it for his father. I also called and emailed some of the facilities around Salem and I mentioned about getting Home Instead and they said they're wonderful. They're very nice and very professional. What we wanted was somebody who comes in to cook because I was mostly concerned about her eating the right food instead of going to restaurants all the time. They have all different kinds of care that they could do but were not trained to do something medical.

From Home Instead Senior Care - Salem, OR

Home Instead - Caregiver Skills

Photos of Home Instead Senior Care - Salem, OR

Features of Home Instead Senior Care - Salem, OR

Agency Type

• Full Service Agency
  • Agency Extra: Each Home Instead Senior Care Franchise Office Is Independently Owned And Operated.

• Companion Care
  • Range Of Services Extra: Hospice Support, Alzheimer's And Other Dementias Care, Chronic Conditions

Types of care

Training Areas

• Family Communication
  • Transition Issues
  • Memory Care Training
  • Training Areas Extra: The Aging Process, Building Relationships, Alzheimer's Or Other Dementias Care

Payment details