Altavita | Formerly known as Air Force Village West

Top nearby Continuing Care Retirement Communities

Reviews of Altavita

Average Rating:
Nancy66920150 August 15, 2013

Air Force Village West was a much larger and a much older community. The homes were beautiful. The landscaping was excellent. We easily found a couple of houses that we would be comfortable in, but the houses were occupied and we were on the waiting list. They had lots of activities. Everybody was fairly nice and the food was excellent.

Lyle1 January 08, 2013

My dad was here twice. I thought they did ok but my dad thought otherwise. I guess it's because he didn't like rehabs. They were very attentive. The place is clean. The had a large room there and he shared with someone. Airforce Village is a nice facility. The staff are very good.

I think that there's still room for improvement too. I didn't like the way they were doing the administrative work specifically the accounting portion of it. I had some problems with the billing. I don't know if it's a government thing or medicare versus my dad's secondary insurance. They didn't help me with it and that was the thing.

BUFF pilot September 06, 2012

My wife and I have been residents for 15 months. We both are total supporters and advocates of this high quality CCRC. We live in an independent living unit of nearly 2400 sq. ft., find the staff to be devoted and attentive, the meals of excellent quality and quantity, the activities to be varied and many, and the other residents to be exceptionally friendly. We have no regrets about our decision to move here!

jdavisd August 28, 2012

Nursing staff was horrible. Left an indwelling catheter in too long causing a UTI. Didn't manage constipation, continued feeding patient cheese with nearly every meal, causing a bowel obstruction. Both problems caused my husband to be transferred back to the hospital.

From Altavita

Altavita formerly known as Air Force Village West is a continuing care retirement community located in Riverside, CA. Continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs) are an option for currently healthy people who want to secure their health care throughout the aging process.

The main distinguishing factor of CCRCs, like Altavita formerly known as Air Force Village West, is that with admittance the resident is guaranteed healthcare throughout their life. CCRCs vary in design and have multiple housing options that can include apartments, duplexes, or even single-family homes. They normally offer a sense of community as residents participate in actives and social events together.

CCRC residents typically pay monthly fees and gain entrance to the community by paying a buy-in fee.

Location of Altavita