Medallion Retirement Community

1719 East Bijou Street, Colorado Springs, CO, 80909

Top nearby Continuing Care Retirement Communities

Reviews of Medallion Retirement Community

dee4989 March 21, 2014

My sister (88 yrs old) was a resident of the Care Center for a short time. Her care was unbelievable. She was happy for the first time in months. Loved the food and ate lots of it. I especially want to compliment TRISH, Cindy, Brooke, Julie, and all the RNs and CNAs that assisted in her care. As family we were treated with great kindness especially in her last days. The hospitality here is above and beyond. I highly recommend the Medallion Care Center to all families looking for a good nursing home for their loved one.

Future elderly niece March 20, 2014

I want to let the community know that the Medallion full care center in Colorado Springs is the best I have seen. We needed to find a place for my aunt and were scared to death of having to put her in a nursing home since we couldn't bring her to our home. I know God led us to the Medallion because she was very scared and angry when she went in and after just one day, she was happy, eating and loved her nurses and CNAs. Our family has never seen such love given to these lovely little people during their last years. My aunt gained 10 pounds in one week because the food was so good. She was so thin, we were worried about her but she looked forward to going to the dining room each day and said she couldn't believe she could finally have such an enjoyable meal. The staff was wonderful. We would watch them stop in the halls to laugh and visit with their patrons. If they couldn't eat by themselves, they sat in their rooms and helped them. Everything was very clean and they kept my aunt very neat and clean every day. Each staff member brought joy into her room every time they entered. They cared about her dignity at all times and made sure to invite them to the events planned for each day and encouraged them to go and at least try the event. They walked the ones that wanted to go to the restaurant across the street just to get them out and a little special dinner outing. My precious aunt was so happy during the last few weeks of her life. Our family couldn't be more grateful to this amazing home for the elderly. When you hear of the neglect and abuse of our elderly matriarchs, the Medallion was a breath of fresh air and gave us new insight as to how they can be cared for. I don't think there is any reason their food can't be good since that is the highlight of their day. Even the dining room staff were friendly and helpful with their meal planning and offered them their choices for each meal in case they didn't care for the main entre that meal. They also tried to make sure they enjoyed who their table mates were. With so many without family members to visit, the staff can be their family and bring them love and attention which they did. We had only one minor complaint about one angry nurse and they immediately worked with that staff member and apologized to us for that situation. If you are looking for a loving place for your loved one, I would highly recommend the Medallion for their care. While she was living her last moments, there were many nurses and staff members and even those from the dining room that came to tell her farewell and even wanted to be called when it was very close to her passing into God's arms. Their patients are not always easy to care for and what they do is not easy but each one made it seem like all patrons were their family and they cared. Thank you Medallion from the administration to the housekeepers for all that you are doing for our loved ones.

About Medallion Retirement Community

Medallion Retirement Community is a continuing care retirement community in Colorado Springs, CO that offers housing options for currently healthy people who want to secure their healthcare plan throughout the aging process. Contact Medallion Retirement Community for more details on CCRC housing and rates.

Location of Medallion Retirement Community