Sage Harbour at Baywinde

100 Kidd Castle Way, Webster, NY, 14580

Reviews of Sage Harbour at Baywinde

Tekla1 February 23, 2016

I like the separate apartments of Sage Harbour at Baywinde. They take folks to different sites, lunches around the city, and events. My uncle, who’s living there, is pretty self-sufficient and takes care of stuff himself. He’s quite capable of living on his own and lives in a villa there by himself. All they do is clean for him once a week, as far as I know. We're inquiring about my mother-in-law and father-in-law. My father-in-law is almost at the level of needing assisted care right now, so we have done a lot of looking around for different levels of care, which is why we looked at Baywinde.

Caring visitor9 January 27, 2016

Sage Harbor is nice, but I think my mother needs a higher level of care. That would have been higher on my list, but we’re just not ready to do that yet. Very nice, very clean, good food; I would recommend it. I think they need to improve on availability of activities. If you’re not extremely independent, it’s very difficult to participate. Their dining room was different. It’s a smaller menu each day. So, it’s different which I think is a better option for older people, and the right person.

John114254550 October 29, 2015

Sage Harbour is a very nice, kind of upscale facility. The staff is very professional. We had lunch there, which was very nice with linen table cloths and service waiters. The rooms weren’t big, but they have private baths. They have big schedule of activities, but it was expensive for what we wanted, and it was assisted living, so it didn’t meet the needs of our friend.

coreenv May 08, 2015

I used to play the piano over there at Sage Harbor, and I got to be very close with one of the residents at that time. I thought it was a very nice place. The staff was very helpful and very friendly. The gal who was in charge of the activities -- and I loved her -- was very involved in what was going on and very loving with the residents. You could tell she really cared about her job, so she got me involved with the memory care too, which is where I played the piano. Also in the assisted living, I started a knitting group where we had a few people, and they enjoyed getting together and knitting. I knew two people there, so I was able to get into their apartments, and I was very impressed. They looked very comfortable and very clean. They were just very sunny; the sunshine was in there, and they were both very appealing to me.

Anne47 December 18, 2014

Baywinde's location is very convenient. We are satisfied with the facility and staff. We like that they are caring, and it is a good facility. I know they have activities, but my aunt is 103 so she has not participated as much as younger folk. The sanitation is fine as far as I see. I am satisfied with them.

Caring02158963 September 29, 2014

My mom spent two months at Sage Harbour after a fall, and I would rate that place very highly too. It was excellent, but that is where they didn't want her back, because she wasn't able to handle that. The staff was very friendly, they had good rapport, and the people were always willing to help.

Caring90338750 September 12, 2014

Baywinde was excellent, clean, and the staff was wonderful. The rooms were big and they had nice views of the gardens. The rooms were clean, and they were able to control their own heat. They had a small refrigerator and microwave. They have their meals in a beautiful dining room. I loved it there, and I thought it was great.

Karen90371850 September 02, 2014

The staff at Baywinde is very nice. When you walk in, it was bright; it was cheery. We just didn't care for the room. The room was laid out differently. They have more than one floor. It wasn't on the first floor. I like the dining room.

regruit July 08, 2014

Wonderful facilities. Terrific, caring staff. So helpful with all the preparation prior to moving dad. I would definetely recommend Baywinde.

swyse June 25, 2014

Sage Harbor showed well, all features and services of the facility were discussed. Staff were very knowledgable and attentive. Very nice facility and I would recommend to others.

Janet 1 April 24, 2014

My sisters and I have moved both of my parents to Baywinde Memory Care. This has been a stressful time, but the staff at Baywinde has been amazing. Receptionists, aids, nurses and directors have all been so kind and helpful with the transition of my parents from their home outside of the Rochester area into Baywinde. They been supportive for my parents and my whole family. The staff provided us with assistance to find a new doctor. They are managing prescription ordering, the relief in that alone is tremendous. The Memory Care Unit has a smaller, warm, homey feel and my parents room is nice. The halls are not too long for my Dad who tires easily. My parents like sitting in the sun room when they are out of their "apartment". The unit is quiet yet there are activities throughout the day. They like the food and are eating better than they have in a long time.
I've watched the caregivers as they interact with other residents, as well as my parents and I have seen only good things. My sisters and I communicate frequently with the directors and staff and they all communicate well with each other. Even small details are conveyed as the folks at Baywinde make every effort to make my parents comfortable in their new home. I am confident my parents are receiving the kindest care and as difficult as it was to make the move, I am glad we made the decision to move them to Baywinde.

Mrs Cunningham April 22, 2014

When we went to Castle Pointe to visit my aunt, I was very impressed by the staff, the people and the place. They treated us with a beautiful meal. The food was just excellent. It was like dining to a nice restaurant. My aunt said the food there is so good that she put weight on.

zeppie January 15, 2014

Our entire family was very disappointed in services from Baywinde. We believe the staff was caring but the facility administrators were very hard to deal with, very negative and pushy. We would not recommend Baywinde as a good, loving home for your loved ones.

Thank you for your feedback, as it is an important way for us to ensure that we evaluate the way we are providing services. We are sorry to learn that your family’s experience with the Administration staff felt less than satisfactory. Please feel free to contact Carrie Rockefeller, Executive Director, directly at 585-670-7330 to discuss further. It is our highest priority to ensure that our residents receive the best services and care.

Beth12 January 11, 2014

Castle Pointe is a little higher up on the scale; I would say that's more of a 4 or almost 5-star. It was nice. The people there were really nice too. However, their rooms weren't very good. Also this facility is a little farther away from me, but it is still very nice.

Steve25 October 12, 2013

When the apartment my parents wanted became available they planned a "normal" three week move from their home to Baywinde. However, Mom suffered a stroke and became hospitalized. The need to move my 93 year old father "immediately" became paramount. The staff accelerated the preparation of my parents apartment resulting in a quick and timely move. As a result, while my mother was recovering from her stroke in the hospital, my father had access to the many services and excellent staff resources at Baywinde.

lovedoneatbaywinde September 08, 2013

My loved one tells me how much she loves Baywinde and the staff.

From Sage Harbour at Baywinde

Senior assisted living at Sage Harbour at Baywinde offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Sage Harbour at Baywinde, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in Webster has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Castle Pointe at Baywinde, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Personalized Care Plans
  • 24-hour Staffing
  • Emergency Response System
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

Adjacent to the YMCA - YMCA exercise programs are offered at Baywinde.___ Located in close proximity to the beautiful Irondequoit Bay area.___ The campus is located in a beautiful wooded area (off the main road) with walking trails and a pond.___ Large selection of menu choices with a new menu each month (Castle Pointe)___ Fresh prepared cuisine made to order

Features of Sage Harbour at Baywinde