Brookdale Evesham

1 Brendenwood Drive, Voorhees, NJ, 08043

Reviews of Brookdale Evesham

Patrick13 December 18, 2014

When I was walking through Brendenwood, the hallways were very long, and you would feel like you are in a hospital, but I like it because it was a larger facility. I didn't make an appointment -- I just stopped by that day -- and the head of maintenance gave me the tour; he was amazing. He had a lot of factual information. He showed me the room and the spaces are a lot bigger than the other places. The parking lot and the building looked a little rundown, but I know they were doing some renovations. They had some residents in the television room; it was spacious, and they had one or two pool tables.

Claire13 July 19, 2014

Brendenwood was close to my house. My mother and I went on a tour there, and it seemed very nice. It was well run, and the people and the staff were very friendly. The rooms were small but nice, and it seemed like it was in good shape. We visited on a weekend, so there weren't a lot of activities going on, but they gave us a schedule and it seemed like they had quite a few activities.

Caring73304450 July 18, 2014

I'm living in Brendenwood Retirement. Overall, it's a pretty good community. The building is about 50 years old, so you have quite a bit of maintenance, which they do take care of. As far as trips are concerned, there's going to the casino once a month. They're planning on going on a boat ride next month. They have daily trips a couple of times a month to different restaurants. They have different exercise activities, some basically on the screen activities, and they'd also have other physical activities given by one of the staff. The physical therapy department is very conscientious. There are several ways they could improve with the physical therapy equipment that they have.

As far as security, you just get in and out. I don't like the facility. I would rather be in my own home, but that is a big difference. It's something I have to end up getting accustomed to. The food is fairly good, but as far as breakfast, it looks terrific. The other meals are a matter of taste.

Caring87902850 June 19, 2014

I went to look at Brendenwood. The facility was nice. However, I didn't like the thought that you would just sit in an apartment and you were basically alone. If you needed anything, you needed any help or medication, you had to ring the bell, and the price went up $500 or more for every need that you had. My sister could never afford it anyway, though it was not a bad price.

Colleen13 May 20, 2014

I am in the process of moving my Mom to Brendenwood. She is 89 & is presently independent. The facility is very nice, seems to have a great variety of activities. Everyone there seems very friendly & attentive. There is always someone located at the front desk, which I find comforting. The studio that my Mom will be moving into is very spacious, & the cost is Very reasonable.

Irene11 November 27, 2013

Brendenwood was mixed assisted and independent. The room sizes were okay. They weren't too little, they weren't too big. All my notations say okay room size but I crossed it off the list because it definitely felt like an institution rather than a pleasant place to live. It didn't feel that way to me at all and my husband didn't like it. I have nothing bad to say about how we were treated. I doubt we would even go back there regardless.

Jackie20 October 16, 2013

Brendenwood was my second choice. It was newer than some the other facilities that I saw and I liked their activities. They have choices that included some that I would partake. The staff was very good and helpful and their food was excellent. They've got good marks on just about everything to me. The appearance and the way everything was kept was the best feature for me.

From Brookdale Evesham

Brookdale Evesham provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Evesham