Ventura Townehouse

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Ventura Townehouse

February 10, 2015

By Crayton

I have been living here at Ventura Townehouse for two months. It is cheaper and nicer than the other places. It is on 13 acres, and you can walk around it. I liked it a lot better than the other facilities. They do a lot of field trips all the time here, but I don't like to go out in groups. I like to eat, and they serve three meals a day here. We have about three or four different choices for every meal, and they have a salad bar that's available all the time. I enjoy being here.

August 27, 2014

By Susan92205750

Ventura Townehouse was a large facility. It's got a high-rise, and they have cottages both in the front of the building and in the back. The front is for memory care, and the back is for anybody who wants to have a dog. They're more of a cottage style, so they're all on one level. They also allow cats. You have your own patio enclosed, and they have much larger square footage for the cost. They're very accommodating if you want a unit that's larger. They have a construction team that will put together two 1-bedrooms. Their food is OK, and they have a really good salad bar. I like that the people were very accommodating. The owner is fairly new, and it's not owned by a corporation. It's run by a single person, and he is very willing to put money into it and do whatever it takes to make all the residents happy. So it's a really nice change of pace. It's not as upscale as the others, but it is nice. The place is older, so that's where they would lose a point. But they've got all the options, so you don't have to move from one location to the other if you need assistance.

November 27, 2013

By Cathy33

Ventura Townehouse is very, very nice. The price is better than any place we looked at. It is $2,400 a month and my mom is in bigger room, which is a studio. It has a full kitchen inside, which she doesn’t use because all the meals are included. She's on the third floor and it has a balcony with an ocean view, which is really nice. It is very homey and nice. They also have one and two bedroom apartments. They have a bus that takes them around. The have bingo couple of times a week. They have a beautiful dining area and it is the most impressive place in the area. The chef is very good. He is first class. He comes out and meets everybody. He knows every resident in there. He will cook anything special for them. The food that they have is really good. It is very nice and bright with lots of windows. They have an area outside to walk. They have nursing home and Alzheimer's unit in the area. So, if they need to go there, eventually they can. The staff is very nice. Although she is in the independent living, they watch her and they don't let her leave the bus on her own and I think it is very nice to do that.

May 29, 2013

By Robyn2

Ventura TowneHouse is my favorite from all the facilities I've looked into. It's very sunny and light and it just didn't feel institutional at all. The staff and the facility are very nice. I'm hoping that my mother will get in there. Their apartments are very roomy. There foods are also fresh.

April 11, 2013

By Christy4

My parents have been living down at Ventura TowneHouse since January. It's been such a God-send. It has a memory-care facility right next door and assisted-living as needed. But it's independent living right now for my parents. It's been awesome. My mother said that she feels like she's in heaven. She's living in paradise. My dad feels safe and comfortable there. I took him shopping last weekend and he said he wasn't comfortable leaving the place. They're absolutely happy. That's what I wanted for them: To be comfortable and happy where they are. It's been such a blessing. My parents come from Central America so they're used to tough times. Everything looks great for them. However, in speaking to other people who are used to the standards of the US, there are certain things that the facility might be able to improve on. The facility looks retro. They're just not quite there yet, but it's been so wonderful for our purposes.

October 08, 2012

By Kmay

Wow, these folks really know how to care for our seniors! I visited during an event they were having and I was blown away. All the staff was kind, patient and caring towards the residents. Everything was clean and fresh and getting remodeled. I heard there was an ownership change a little while ago, and it looks like they are putting a lot of time and effort into updating and improving things. 5 stars!

September 22, 2012

By Taylor E.

The facilities seemed nice and my grandmother said it was like living on a cruise ship. The staff was both responsive and generally friendly. While there I found that many of the staff were unfamiliar with providing internet access or even getting their residents set up on the wifi systems they had available. The dining services were quite good, providing an ample amount of tables and chairs for both residents and guests. Some of the wait staff were a bit unresponsive when we would call for them and the wait times for meals were quite long. I assumed this was due to the large numbers of residents in the dining room that evening. I was informed by other residents that this is not usually the case but that the staff were quite quick when there are less people to serve. In addition to this the facility provided opportunities for fun events for the residents. These included movie nights and other special events like luaus, comedic performers and theatrical groups. Outside of the facility the staff provides a wonderful transportation system to help their residents into and home from the rest of the city.

September 03, 2012

By hatshepshut

I haven't move to Ventura Townhomes yet. It is a very pretty place and they have very good food there. I went there for lunch and dinner. There were people who came up to me and said they hope I would move there. The staff were very nice. They're painting the room today with the colors that I chose. We're negotiating about the carpet because I think the carpet in there is very old, but they're not sure if they can do it. They put fresh flowers in their lobby every week. They have their own TV channel where you want to see what's going on in the building and you could turn on your TV to that channel. They also have special place for people with dementia and Alzheimer's.

Photos of Ventura Townehouse

• Spanish

• Minimum Age: 60+ Minimum Age
  • Pets: All Pets Allowed

About Ventura Townehouse

Ventura Townehouse is an assisted living facility in Ventura, CA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Ventura Townehouse for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Ventura Townehouse