The Lexington Assisted Living

5440 Ralston Street, Ventura, CA, 93003

Reviews of The Lexington Assisted Living

Caring Visitor26 February 16, 2016

I visited Lexington Assisted Living. It was excellent. The living quarters were very nice. I talked to some people that lived there. They were satisfied. The staff was excellent. The dining room was set-up restaurant style. I had tasted the food. It was not like home cooking, but it was good. They had a lot of things that you could do.

Caring Daughter116579450 January 25, 2016

My mother was at Lexington Assisted Living. The place was OK. They had calling buttons if you needed to call somebody. It was good. They have a pool, game room, exercises, and a whole lot of stuff going on for their residents.

Thank you for posting your positive experience. The staff will continue to strive for excellence.

Kevin24 January 15, 2016

The Lexington seemed a little more like a hotel than a home, and the people didn’t seem happy there. The staff seemed to be good, but the rooms are really small.

Kevin, Thank you for visiting our community. I can assure you our residents and staff are very happy. Did you happen to catch a activity or meal? Good luck finding a community and please let us know how we can be a resource Eric Terrill Executive Director

Anonymous117609650 December 20, 2015

We visited The Lexington, and the people working there were good. We liked it. It was a nice place, and the rooms were nice. There was a swimming pool and a recreation area. Pricewise, it wasn't too bad.

Angelo2 December 17, 2015

We visited The Lexington, and it looked fine. The lady that helped us was very informative. The people seemed to be happy there. It was clean. You would have to get a geriatric psych evaluation to come in. We didn't expect that you would have to do that, and it was nice to gather that kind of information.

Margaret115259150 November 08, 2015

I think The Lexington and its assisted living was wonderful. It has a lot of common areas that are beautiful, spacious, and beautifully decorated. You could see people interacting. If my mother was able to do assisted living, I would have her go here as it was wonderful. The staff was good and on top of things. The people that were there appeared to be able to have a lot of independence and seemed happy and engaged. It was very well-kept. They have televisions for movies. It was top-notch.

I was not excited about the memory care. It was very small, which can be good for people with memory care because they don’t have a lot of area to have to navigate. It was not that bright in that little area, which wasn’t that great. It smelled a lot like urine in that place. The staff was wonderful. The patient rooms were nice, but the common or gathering area, which I noticed people spent a lot of time in, felt cramped to me as opposed to what I saw in other places. I just didn’t like the memory care.

Dale21 October 28, 2015

I visited The Lexington for my father. It was better because it was, like, five minutes from my work, so it would have been convenient. They had different levels of care. They had a nice dining room. We had lunch there with the person when we had the tour. They had a newly renovated movie theater. They had a nice patio up on one of the rooms. It was really nice. The rooms were all nice. They had several different sizes, and they all looked like they would be nice. The staff was very friendly. Actually, I had to wait a little bit for my tour, so I saw the staff interacting with the people going in and out of the building, and everybody seemed very nice and friendly. Everybody knew everybody's name. There were some people doing crafts. They actually had an activity director there, and that was nice. They make sure that everybody was involved in something.

Deborah112106250 August 22, 2015

The rooms were nice. They were mainly one big room; some of them had sinks that you could kind of transform into a little kitchenette. I don't think they had balconies though, and that was the one thing I didn't care for. They were so enclosed and didn't have outside space, so you were always inside. I really liked it as far as the atmosphere. Everything was great, and there was nothing wrong with Lexington. The dining area was nice and very clean. It just felt like they were boxed in, but I would recommend it because some people don't care about that. They don't care about being outside or having a place to garden or sit in the balcony or anything like that. It seemed a great deal for the price that they quoted me, so I thought it was very nice. And everyone was very pleasant and very accommodating.

Erin6 June 01, 2015

I was there at The Lexington, and they didn't have a spot open. I didn't really tour the place because I had already decided on where my dad is going, but the lady there that I spoke with who maybe is in charge of admission was the best. She was the best I talked to out of everyone. She was so helpful. That was a really nice thing. She really took a lot of time knowing that my dad probably wasn't even going to go there. She spent a lot of time talking me through the process, so that is always a huge thing. She made an appointment and let me come in and talk to her. I was there probably longer than most of the other places I looked at. I didn't see most of the facility. It was nice, but I just saw the lobby, and I didn't really look into any rooms, but the lady there was very nice and helpful. It was nice. It was well taken care of, and the premises were really nice. I just felt she was the best, and knowing that someone like that is there in a place helping my dad made me felt really good.

Yeed May 29, 2015

We placed dad into the assisted living at The Lexington. Dad LOVES the facility, staff and other residents. The caregivers and servers do a amazing job attending to his needs. The move-in process was seamless and we met with each department 24-48 hrs after move-in. I have and will continue to recommend this GREAT facility.

Caring74002350 November 22, 2013

My mom is a current resident of The Lexington. Regarding the facility itself, I really like the idea that it has a pool in the center of it, so that made a huge difference in the sense of it feeling more like a resort living. They also have a couple of different patio areas. She has only been there since October 19th.

At that time of the transition, it was very stressful for the family, not just for my mom. However, they helped us and made the move easy. When we had trouble, like something mechanical, they had someone up there to help us. They just made the transition easy even if it was out of their norms. They went the extra mile. They're just wonderful! Everybody from the cook, the chef, the CNAs, etc., they were wonderful and have been helpful.

I ate there probably once or twice a week with my mom and I found the food to be very good. They have a very fresh salad bar and residents are given choices. If they don't like the two entrees that are on, they'll bring them a sandwich. If they're in the mood for a hotdog, they'll fix them one and they don't argue with them. If Mom wakes up and just feeling a little overwhelmed, she'll ask that a tray be brought to her room, and they'll go that extra mile and they'll take a tray up to her room. With regards to participating in any activities, since she is still making the adjustment, the answer would be more than not. However, she's gone to bingo and she's eating in the dining room. Also she joined the Halloween thing with all the kids.

hatshepshut September 03, 2012

Lexington was very, very nice. But I just didn't like the food. I only ate there once and it was Chinese food. The staff was wonderful. It's clean, but the rooms were smaller.

From The Lexington Assisted Living

Coastal ambiance with a central courtyard & 3 beautifully landscaped acres, year-round heated pool & jacuzzi. "Sweet Shop" snack room with snacks and beverages available all day, complete with jukebox that plays 45's. Large, sky-lit, exercise/activity room located on the 3rd floor, offering daily classes. The English Tudor, U shaped building has a full-service dining room & a variety of community rooms. The Churchill library with reading patio, poker table and computer with internet access is on the 2nd floor. WiFi throughout the building. The Bijou theater's large screen has movie showings nightly. Popcorn machine is a favorite. The dining room has a salad and fresh fruit bar. A private dining room is available to residents for special occasions with family and friends. A hair salon is located on the first floor for the residents Monday-Friday. A fitness room is also on the first floor and on-site physical therapy is available here too.

Apartments include studios, 1 bedrooms, 1 bedrooms with parlor and 2 bedrooms. Large wardrobe closets. Some rooms have kitchenettes that include a small refrigerator often a sink with counter space for a microwave. Pets allowed up to 30 lbs. Suites have tub-style showers. Tubs are cut out for easy access. Heat & A/C are resident controlled, separate for each unit. There is a private dining room with a nice balcony. The Lexington welcomes everyone with a circular driveway and automatic doors with a cozy lobby and parlor area with a mail room all with comfortable seating areas. Complimentary laundry facilities with 2 each on 2nd and 3rd floor. 24 hour concierge desk assists residents with scheduling transportation for medical appointments and shopping in a Lincoln Town Car. A 2-way intercom/emergency call system is located in every apartment for emergencies and urgent requests that the 24 hour concierge desk is always prepared to respond to.

Our community features a separate, secure area for comprehensive Alzheimer's and Dementia care; located on the 1st floor our Dementia care totals 13 units.

Structured specialized programs with art, games and music with water aerobics in the pool. Pet therapy and outside entertainment regularly. Bus is available for outings to Chumash casino, the Reagan library, scenic drives, lunch, movies, museums and concerts.

Outdoor heated pool and jacuzzi which family and grandchildren are invited to enjoy when visiting - 24 hour concierge desk - On-site physical therapy - No fees/no points - Lincoln Townecar that takes our residents at no extra charge to appointments and shopping etc.

Features of The Lexington Assisted Living

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Golf
  • General store
  • 24-hour security gate
  • Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,210/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: None