Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of MorningStar of Sparks

Posted by Marilyn48 July 15, 2015

MorningStar is a very nice place with very nice people. The facility is pretty, and the food is delicious. The rooms all look like brand new and very nice. They have many activities like trips. The dining room setup is like a restaurant style, and the staff is very attentive and helpful; they helped my friend when they moved in.

Posted by William104550850 April 17, 2015
4.0

I moved to Morningstar March of 2013, and I've been a continuous resident since then. Their staff is extremely friendly, and their accommodations are comfortable. I don’t usually participate here too much, but they do have a whole range of activities. They have daytrips and things for the women or men if they want to join. They also have card games and a theater.

Posted by Mark103823950 March 31, 2015
3.0

My father has been living in MorningStar for a couple of years, but he has just recently moved in to the managed care -- same building, just a different floor. The people are nice, but it turns out they no longer have a nurse. I was really disappointed. They have what you call med techs. If my dad has a problem and if they needed a decision whether to go to the hospital, they can't make that decision. They call me, and I'm not a doctor. They don't take their blood pressure, and they are not trained in CPR.

My father and my mother had a private two-bedroom until they went from the third floor down to first floor. She went with him because it would be more expensive for her to stay in the active senior part of it and have him in a separate place. They are in the assisted living apartment, but she is not getting any services. There is bingo, bean bag baseball, and ice cream socials, but not enough physical stuff. The grounds are very pretty, and it is a very nice building. The food is sometimes good, sometimes bad; they are not consistent.

Posted by Barbara96429850 November 11, 2014

I very much like MorningStar of Sparks. My sister and I went there three times before choosing it for our parents. Now we are in the process of obtaining a unit. We had lunch and dinner and talked with the residents, and it felt very comfortable. Money wise is was very economical. The amenities were wonderful. The food was very good. The grounds are lovely, and it was just very clean. They have a lot of activities. We watched some of the residents taking part in some of their different activities and just felt like our parents would fit in here well. Everyone was so friendly and very confident and very accommodating. We were just very pleased with that.

Posted by Barba1 November 05, 2014

I liked everything about MorningStar. It was beautiful, and the staff was very nice. The grounds were absolutely beautiful. I had lunch there and the food was excellent. It looked like there was a lot of activities. They had movies, exercise classes, card games, and arts and crafts. It’s about a medium-type neighborhood. There was a shopping center across from it, but their grounds were so big that it wouldn’t matter. I remember the beautiful apartments; they were very large and had a full kitchenette.

Posted by Caring71113650 October 25, 2013

Bonaventure was very nice and a little more upscale. They had a patio where the people could sit and the ground, which was enclosed, had flowers and benches. The people seemed to be more able and some of them had their own car. The staff was very nice and very helpful. They had bigger apartments. They had two dining rooms and more selections for meals. The food was good. They had a theater. I would recommend them to others.

Posted by caring2603 April 26, 2013
4.0

Bonaventure is very clean and highly rated. The food seems to be excellent, and the rooms are always clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Resident activities include being able to cook and they also have a physical therapist that comes in.

Location of MorningStar of Sparks