MorningStar of Sparks

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of MorningStar of Sparks

May 11, 2016

By Caring GranddaughterCQNBM

Some staff at MorningStar are great and some are not. For the most part, they are helpful and accommodating. There is one bad apple that they keep, and I don’t know why. They do all kinds of activities, like bingo, music, outings, social hour, concerts, and church. The dining area is big and spacious and has a granite top table. It’s nice. The community is very clean. But the marketing and the billing managers are not on the same page and don't communicate. When it comes to overall communication in the place, it’s a zero. It is very important because when they called us for the assessment, we gave them every single detail about my grandma, and when my grandmother got there, the coordinator didn’t know anything about my grandma’s highs and lows and what to look for or anything.

December 16, 2015

By Karen117878950

My father is a senior and has friends at MorningStar, so we go out there regularly to visit with him. I think they're very organized, have a great staff, have very food, and have lots and lots of activities for every level of senior. They're big on baseball and have little tournaments with the other places around town. They also have lots of card games, bingo, music come in occasionally, which is very nice, and cooking demonstrations, so they have a lot going on. They have their buses to take seniors on shopping trips and outside activities and scheduled trips to their medical appointments, so it’s very convenient for them. The rooms are very nice and clean. They have several levels for seniors: independent living, assisted living with a minimal amount of care, and advanced care. We have one friend that needs a lot of assistance, so it's very good for them. He's wheelchair-bound, and they have the staff to help him in and out, with bathing, and all that kind of stuff. I think it's a very clean and friendly place. They have a good staff that is readily available.

October 23, 2015

My mother liked MorningStar. It was very nice, and everybody knew her name. My mother loved the staff, and the food was decent. I had a tough time getting answers from the administration, however. The last bill they sent was incorrect.

July 15, 2015

By Marilyn48

MorningStar is a very nice place with very nice people. The facility is pretty, and the food is delicious. The rooms all look like brand new and very nice. They have many activities like trips. The dining room setup is like a restaurant style, and the staff is very attentive and helpful; they helped my friend when they moved in.

April 17, 2015

By William104550850

I moved to Morningstar March of 2013, and I've been a continuous resident since then. Their staff is extremely friendly, and their accommodations are comfortable. I don’t usually participate here too much, but they do have a whole range of activities. They have daytrips and things for the women or men if they want to join. They also have card games and a theater.

March 31, 2015

By Mark103823950

My father has been living in MorningStar for a couple of years, but he has just recently moved in to the managed care -- same building, just a different floor. The people are nice, but it turns out they no longer have a nurse. I was really disappointed. They have what you call med techs. If my dad has a problem and if they needed a decision whether to go to the hospital, they can't make that decision. They call me, and I'm not a doctor. They don't take their blood pressure, and they are not trained in CPR. My father and my mother had a private two-bedroom until they went from the third floor down to first floor. She went with him because it would be more expensive for her to stay in the active senior part of it and have him in a separate place. They are in the assisted living apartment, but she is not getting any services. There is bingo, bean bag baseball, and ice cream socials, but not enough physical stuff. The grounds are very pretty, and it is a very nice building. The food is sometimes good, sometimes bad; they are not consistent.

November 11, 2014

By Barbara96429850

I very much like MorningStar of Sparks. My sister and I went there three times before choosing it for our parents. Now we are in the process of obtaining a unit. We had lunch and dinner and talked with the residents, and it felt very comfortable. Money wise is was very economical. The amenities were wonderful. The food was very good. The grounds are lovely, and it was just very clean. They have a lot of activities. We watched some of the residents taking part in some of their different activities and just felt like our parents would fit in here well. Everyone was so friendly and very confident and very accommodating. We were just very pleased with that.

November 05, 2014

By Barba1

I liked everything about MorningStar. It was beautiful, and the staff was very nice. The grounds were absolutely beautiful. I had lunch there and the food was excellent. It looked like there was a lot of activities. They had movies, exercise classes, card games, and arts and crafts. It’s about a medium-type neighborhood. There was a shopping center across from it, but their grounds were so big that it wouldn’t matter. I remember the beautiful apartments; they were very large and had a full kitchenette.

October 25, 2013

Bonaventure was very nice and a little more upscale. They had a patio where the people could sit and the ground, which was enclosed, had flowers and benches. The people seemed to be more able and some of them had their own car. The staff was very nice and very helpful. They had bigger apartments. They had two dining rooms and more selections for meals. The food was good. They had a theater. I would recommend them to others.

April 26, 2013

By caring2603

Bonaventure is very clean and highly rated. The food seems to be excellent, and the rooms are always clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Resident activities include being able to cook and they also have a physical therapist that comes in.

About MorningStar of Sparks

MorningStar of Sparks is an assisted living facility in Sparks, NV that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact MorningStar of Sparks for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of MorningStar of Sparks