Buckingham South Assisted Living

5450 Abercorn St, Savannah, GA, 31406

Reviews of Buckingham South Assisted Living

September 01, 2016

By Nancy C.260464

My husband is in Buckingham South Assisted Living. I am satisfied with their services. He has Alzheimer’s, and they have him taken care of. He has been there since December. They have been good, but they are expensive. The community is nice. They have activities and their amenities are nice, too. They have a good dining room, and they have pretty caring staff. It has porches that people can sit on.

March 23, 2016

By Tony31326

Buckingham South was a little nicer, cleaner, newer, better, and had a few more amenities than the other places I visited. The personnel were very nice, very efficient, and very competent. There were a lot of retired doctors and lawyers living here, so it was more of a professional group. There was a lot of interaction with the personnel. The rooms were very similar to other places, but the common areas were cleaner.

October 31, 2015

My father's attorney recommended Buckingham South. We did place him there, and he is receiving excellent care. We're very pleased with the facility, the staff, and the care he's getting. He's in assisted living, but his condition has deteriorated some to where it's going to end up being a memory-care facility for him. Everything's been great, and they have programs every day. They take him wherever he wants to go and when he wants to go. He can't drive anymore, his hygiene is not good, he was not eating properly, and he wasn't taking his medications. It's been a great place, although he has had a very difficult time transitioning. They had to do a lot of hand-holding with him, calling him to remind him to come eat and have bingo. His comment to me is, there's a bunch of old people there. The staff has been fabulous. They have 24-hour medical nurse on staff. They have call buttons, and they check on them and make sure he takes his medicine ritually and that he is eating properly because of his other medical conditions. We've been very pleased. Everything is on computer, and they have cameras everywhere. They log everything in when they go check on him, and they can print out everything for us.

March 10, 2015

By sueme82

My husband's grandfather has been living at Buckingham South for over 12 years this month. He is well into his 90's and we have watched his health decline over the years. We are so amazed at the outstanding personal and high level of medical attention that he receives. The staff are kind, compassionate and very well trained. Their registered nurse is incredible and we are able to speak with her any hour of any day of the week when we have concerns about Grampa. The nurses respond to his calls within 5 minutes which we find amazing! We often invite him for holidays but he prefers staying at Buckingham South so we join him there & I must say, the food is amazing and there are so many choices if he doesn't like what's on the menu. What a blessing!!

March 31, 2014

By Jessie5

Buckingham South- the exterior setting is not as attractive for the building, but the building itself is in a great location with sound proofing, so that noise is not a problem. They are licensed as a long term care, assisted living facility so that their insurance policies would pay. They would be able to stay in the same apartment at all times and receive up to 45 minutes of care a day included. They have nurses and lpn's on staff 24/7 and will check on residents every 2 hours if requested. They can help with meds, bathing, dressing and transferring as well. If they need more care they do not have to move and can just add more care where they are. The transportation seems to be readily available. Meals can be brought to the room and there is a full breakfast. It is a lot of value for the money and appears to be a a happy, smaller place where folks seem to know and care about each other. There are church services and a barber and beauty shop onsite as well as transport to some churches in the area.

February 28, 2014

By Linda77360650

Mom has already settled at Buckingham South. It's a beautiful place. They have good lighting and for an assisted living facility, I think it is very nice. The staff is excellent. Their activities vary from each week. They have entertainment, movies, and games. They also have some arts and crafts. They have a lot of activities within the building. They have a nice library and a pool table. The food is good, not gourmet eating, but its good. The residents love having choices with the type of food that they want. I like that they have a lot of choices in the layout of the rooms. It's very efficient and very safe. They do try to make the community happy and that is nice. They are also pretty good at addressing issues right way.

July 31, 2012

By ahahah

Buckingham has been great for my grandmother. When she lived at home, she was having a great deal of both physical and mental difficulties, and things were getting worse. Since moving to a facility, she has improved dramatically from a combination of the increased social interaction, the structured daily schedule and the around the clock care she receives from Buckingham South's highly trained employees. My grandmother lives comfortably in a studio unit and has been able to bring over many of the staple that made her house feel like a home. As a result, she doesn't feel like she has had to make any major sacrifices in terms of independence as a result of the move. In addition, activities like Bingo and the educational classes offered through her facility have offered her added enrichment, which she wouldn't have received otherwise. In conclusion, my grandmother's move has been a dramatic success.

December 01, 2011

By healthcareconsultant

I visited Buckingham South. In general, I thought Buckingham South was a nice facility. The grounds of the facility are okay, the facility is located on a very busy street. The common areas of the facility are clean and clutter free. It has a look of elegance. The residents' rooms are clean as well, and organized. The staff and management of the facility are professional and friendly. I think the residents receive wonderful care there. While I was there, I noticed that the staff was very personable with the residents. They seem to know them as individuals and not just as a resident there. Overall, Buckingham South is a good facility, and I would recommend it to anyone that is seeking assisted living care.

Photos of Buckingham South Assisted Living

• Pharma

• Tai Chi

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

About Buckingham South Assisted Living

Locally owned and operated, founded on more than 45 years of experience in the health care field.

Located in beautiful Savannah, Georgia, this thoughtfully planned community has set the standard for retirement living. We offer an elegant, quality lifestyle where exciting activities, companionship, service, luxury accommodations, and peace of mind are everyday experiences.

At Buckingham South you are able to enjoy two exciting social scenes, the Buckingham South community with over 80 residents and all the opportunities that the jewel of the south, Savannah, Georgia has to offer! The qualified activities staff at Buckingham South organizes a vast array of social, cultural and recreational events to enjoy ranging from weekly sing-alongs, daily aerobics, guest speakers, guest entertainers, line-dancing, ballroom dancing, trips to the nationally renowned symphony, playhouses, museums, parks, beaches, and so much more!

Locally owned and operated, we are available every hour of every day to assist with all of your needs. The commitment to our residents will allow you to relax and enjoy yourself in our elegant surroundings.

Map of Buckingham South Assisted Living