Lantern Crest Senior Living

11010 Sunset Trail, Santee, CA, 92071

Reviews of Lantern Crest Senior Living

Dale25 March 22, 2016

We visited Lantern Crest Assisted Living. It’s a 2-year-old community, so the whole place is very clean, organized, well managed as well as well maintained. In case mom needs to make an appointment, they take her to her doctors' appointments.

Happy Visitor7 December 28, 2015

Lantern Crest was beautiful and new, which I really liked. The rooms were nice and of a good size. The meals were great. However, we didn’t like Santee. It was like a drive-through to get into San Diego, and the town was small. We were looking for places where we could go out for dinner. Lantern Crest was a beautiful place, and the staff was great, but for our needs, I would give them three stars.

Tommie2 December 22, 2015

Lantern Crest is a beautiful building. The whole complex is really lovely. It reminds of a three-star hotel. However, it is a little bit too formal for my mother. For other people, it would be perfect. The staff I met was very friendly. I was impressed with them. For me, I rate it three stars, but for other people, it could very well be a five.

EG December 10, 2015

My visit at Lantern Crest Senior Living was very good. It was a huge facility and much more sleek -- much less personable than the other one I visited. It wasn’t personal amd catered to a higher-end client. The pricing was hard to understand because they had a point system versus the flat-rate system. The memory care unit was on the second floor, but the residents seemed happy. There were about three or four gathering places and a couple of different, interconnected dining rooms where people gather. The care seemed good. It was a second choice because the location was very close to my brother’s house. It’s still a possible option for us. It’s a fairly new facility, and the memory care is a new addition.

Anita30 November 16, 2015

Lantern Crest was brand new. Everybody there was absolutely wonderful, and the residents we met were all upbeat and happy. They did not have anything bad to say about it when we were eating lunch with them. Everybody that lived there loved it. The food was OK. I thought it was a great place.

Anonymous Daughter-In-Law1 November 10, 2015

Lantern Crest is on par with the other facility I visited. It is very nice and very professional. They have friendly and helpful people, and activities and stuff to do. It is closer to where my husband lives, so he can stop in and visit my mother-in-law. We have seen the calendar which has art classes, stretching and exercise classes, movies, and all kinds of other stuff. My mother-in-law's room is very nice and spacious. She has her own bathroom and windows. The dining area is very good. We have eaten there a number of times now to check out the food, and it has been good every time. Like most seniors, they don't want to move in there, but the staff has been very aware and caring and notifying us if they think there are any issues.

moirabrannan September 24, 2015

My 80 year old mother with dementia was moved into Lantern Crest 8 months ago. She was recently widowed and depressed going in. She had become very uncooperative at home to the point that I could no longer care for her in her home. It was a difficult decision, but we took the "tour" and went for it. On the positive side: 1.Nicely decorated in the common areas. 2. Very kind caregivers. On the negative side: 1. Lantern Crest is grossly understaffed in the memory care area routinely. We were told that they maintain a 7:1 ratio of residents to care givers. Not true. This creates an impossible situation for the workers who suffer along with the residents. On Saturday last there was 1 young man who was responsible for getting 18 residents with moderate to severe dementia up out of bed, toileted cleaned-up as needed, dressed and then all herded into the dining hall all by himself before breakfast ! It's no wonder they have such a constant turn-over, in addition to the fact they only pay these "angels" minimum wage. In the past 8 months there has been 3 different directors of the memory care unit as well. 2. My mother, who has weighed 135-140 lbs her entire adult life, now weighs only 111 lbs. Since living at Lantern Crest she has dropped over 26 lbs.on the diet she is given. The food is bland, portions are small, and the menu extremely repetitive. Dining is less than pleasant with so many disabled people in the room. it is very sad. My mom has family visitors 6 days a week. We try to go during meal time to assist her, otherwise, she get even less calories down. 3. Many amenities which were advertised, are not available with any regularity. For instance, the residents are suppose to be taken on a scenic ride weekly. my mom has not been able to go for 6 weeks now either due to cancellation with no reason given, or because the lift on the van for wheelchairs has been non-operational for over a month. 4. We keep my mother's supplies well-stocked, unfortunately disposable under-ware, personal hygiene items, even her night gowns have been pilfered by staff to give to other residents at our expense. We are missing over 20 DVD's only to find the empty cases in the common TV room and never returned.. 5. Lantern Crest painted a very pretty picture and we have been paying up to $8,500.00 to $9,000.00 a month for her to live there. It's pretty pathetic to pay that kind of money for over-worked, stressed-out care-givers who are forced to steal to find dry diapers for all the severely disabled people they get stuck with because they are "short-handed today". It is a sad situation. Maybe it is time for a change.

Dianne31 September 17, 2015

Lantern Crest Senior Living is a nice place. The patient to staff ratio was the most I am impressed with. I think my father gets good care there. He has his own room, and we furnished it. They have a dining room, and they are given a choice of three meals. They offer so many activities like exercise, bingo, classes, and so much more.

Barbara111244050 July 31, 2015

A couple of friends of mine moved into Lantern Crest. It was great. The staff was very friendly and accommodating more to the residents to be engaged. The apartments were lovely, clean, and inviting. I thought it was a really wonderful spot. They had all kinds of activities like workouts, shopping trips, and movies. They had entertainers came in and special events. I guess they could improve on more walking trails for dogs.

Caring106469950 June 04, 2015

Lantern Crest Dementia Unit is where mom is now. They watch them all day long. She is in the dementia Alzheimer’s floor where she is locked down and she can’t go outside the building, but they have a courtyard. She is on a walker, and she can go anywhere. If she wants to do something, they will take her, and they will help her in the courtyard. The food is good. They have a particular diet because a lot of them don’t eat regularly, and part of the rent is three meals a day, so they bring them there and have them eat something. It’s not like independent because their portions are smaller. My experience is pretty good. They are with them every day, the people interface well because I have noticed all different levels there, and I would say 10 people that I saw there as far as one being with the best staff isn’t that much. Some of them don’t want to eat; they are just walking around, and they are getting them to sit down. They are really watching them pretty well.

Seum May 28, 2015

Lantern Crest has been a great place for my dad. My dad has recently moved in to Lantern Crest, and we are so happy to make the decision to move him over here. They have great staff members and directors. Kaan, especially has been very helpful. On the first day of the move-in, he personally came into my dad’s room to introduce himself and welcomed my father to the community. Fixed wobbly refrigerator and answered all of our questions. All staff members are very kind and caring. Caregivers, activities, servers etc. I would definitely recommend Lantern Crest to anyone looking for a beautiful place to live.

Caring107835050 May 28, 2015

Lantern Crest was brand new. The assisted living part was very nice. The people were accommodating, and the staff were very nice, but I wasn't really thrilled with the location.

Ruth105687850 May 27, 2015

Lantern Crest Senior Living is a beautiful facility on the outside. It’s also fairly new -- a couple years old -- but their housekeeping was terrible. As soon as you walk in, the odor just knocks you over. A lot of people were calling out for help, and the staff weren't attentive at all. There is no way we would put her in there.

KevHurt March 14, 2015

My mom has been living at Lantern Crest for the last 4 months and she truly enjoys it. I go there to visit her at least twice a month and grab a bite to eat usually. Delicious food and very friendly staff. Diane at the front desk is unbelievable. She also runs “Memories in Making” program which residents and family members are big fan of. I am glad we chose Lantern Crest.

Shannon26 February 11, 2015

I am a volunteer at Lantern Crest and truly enjoy it. The food is absolutely delicious and the staff truly care about the residents. I would definitely recommend Lantern Crest if you are looking for a place that has all the amenities one could ever want! Lantern Crest is beautiful.

Casey B February 11, 2015

This community stands out from the rest. They provide superior personalized care and are focused on total customer satisfaction. Thank you Lantern Crest...

GloriaM June 26, 2014

My husband was in here for 2 weeks, had 3 falls and 4 visits to the hospital. He had 3 broken ribs and a fractured tailbone. No one was ever available to help him and when the emergency button was pushed, no one ever came. This place looks lovely but there is such a turn over in employees that no one can ever be held accountable for assurances and promises that were made. This is not the place for seniors that require assistance.

Caring84287350 May 21, 2014

Dad was at Lantern Crest for four months and two weeks. In this facility, it was extremely hard to find caregivers. They never seemed to be around. I would ring up with questions, and there was never any response or any answers. On multiple occasions, I would point out that there was no water available for the patients to drink, and they would tell me that they would find out why, but when I came back few hours later, nothing had changed. There was nothing for the people to drink. They have minimum activities; maybe two a day. The patients never seem to be together. There was no large area for everyone to get together in their memory care facility. Every single lunch and dinner started out with a bowl of soup and a bowl of iceberg lettuce with some type of white dressing on top. That means every month they have 60 bowls of soup and 60 bowls of lettuce, and for me that was just a thing so that they would not have to feed them as much food as far as their entrées went. You would read the menus for the assisted care side of the house, and they were having fabulous food. They were giving the memory care side of the house just regular, everyday food, and I didn’t think that was right from what I was paying. Lantern Crest was extremely expensive. I was paying $6000 a month. I thought this facility was wonderful, but they lied to me about a lot of things. They never fulfilled a lot of their promises. I know the lady who made the promises got fired shortly after we placed my father there. He was in the hospital five times in the first two months he was there, and so I didn’t think he was receiving the care that he was supposed to have.

From Lantern Crest Senior Living

Welcome to Lantern Crest in Santee, CA!

We offer multiple care options for you and your loved one - ranging from independent living to assisted living along with dementia care.

Lantern Crest provides an affordable yet luxurious, resort-like community with a loving, caring staff.

Features of Lantern Crest Senior Living

• Technology extra: Emergency call system

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, Movie theater

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Dining room open 7:30a-7p

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,995/month

• Staff patient ratio: 7 to 1
  • Minimum age: 62

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 374603253