Brookdale Santa Fe

640 Alta Vista, Santa Fe, NM, 87505

Reviews of Brookdale Santa Fe

William107205550 June 06, 2015

I visited Ponce de Leon, and I didn't care for it because I found it a little dated, dirty, and dark. I just took a tour of the facility a couple of months ago. The people were friendly. But it seemed a little staged because I had an appointment on the tour. So they had a lot of colorful seniors in different areas. I just got that feeling. A lot of facilities do that trying to put on their best face, which is normal. It just seemed a little dated as far as the facility itself. It had that kind of an institution type feel to it to me. I'm 62 so I'm not really young, and I don't get freaked out by places like that, but I have been to a lot of different ones over the years for my dad and different people. It didn't seem that clean or well lit. It was kind of dark and dingy. They showed me a room with a huge stain at the carpet. They assured me that if they can't get the stain out that they most likely replace the carpet. I just wasn't really impressed with that facility at all for my mother. They were friendly, but when I went on the tour, there were certain staff member in certain areas almost waiting for me. They were kind of overly friendly, so it seemed to me like it was a staged tour. I went to a couple of nursing homes back east and it was like that, but as soon as you left, all those friendly people disappeared, and your father is left with different people altogether.

We apologize that your tour of Ponce De Leon did not meet your expectations. Please be assured our staff is continuously committed to providing the highest-quality service and care for each resident. We will review and share your feedback with our management team.

Kim101450650 January 25, 2015

I visited a friend’s dad at Ponce de Leon. I did not think his apartment was horrible or remarkable. It was just fine. I remember going past the outdoor area, and it was beautiful and very attractive. It was homey.

JPL July 10, 2014

My Mom moved here from a larger New England duplex one year ago into a smaller (1 bdrm) assisted living apartment. She really likes it and is very happy (even though he doesn't have access to a car).. The people are genuinely friendly and the facility is open and warm. There are numerous activities and a shuttle for residents convenience (shopping, bank). She has made some acquaintances.

Caring77529650 April 22, 2014

My brother was temporarily moved to Ponce De Leon for a couple of weeks. The staff is good and they are attentive to the special needs of the patients. They have many activities there and the food is excellent.

N. Thompson December 17, 2013

My mother stayed at Ponce De Leon. The staff were really positive and very nice. The dining room and food were very good. It was wonderful and everything about it was great.

Ms. A1 October 21, 2013

The Ponce de Leon had smaller rooms. I thought it was dated and they could do with fixing it up. I only visited once, but the staff was friendly though. It's a good location.

June8 September 11, 2013

I visited Ponce De Leon and I liked it very much. Everybody was very nice. They showed me an apartment and they seemed very well. I would recommend this facility to other people.

Phoebe 1 November 21, 2012

I thought Ponce de Leon was great. They do a wonderful job with the older people. My in-laws are both 92, and a number of their friends who are living there have mostly positive things to say. There's transportation and there are lots of activities. It's really nice, however, it's expensive.

Pinonchick May 08, 2012

The staffers where just wonderful. The rooms were shared accommodations with various toileting being shared by four beds. The building was clean, and attention was given to personal hygiene of the individual patient.
One must be prepared for the limited quality of food, even though allergies and food limits were noted that issue was never attended to by staff. So if you can't eat something, you still may have it served to you or your loved one. PT, bath and other hygienic facilities are mature, but clean and staff works the patient hard and well with a good care plan agreed to with family and professionals present. And they are kind, patient and willing to listen to the patient/client. Activities are provided.

From Brookdale Santa Fe

Brookdale Santa Fe provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Santa Fe

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Spanish

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Minimum age: 62

• Licenses: Yes

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Santa Fe