Brookdale Clairemont

5219 Clairemont Mesa Boulevard, San Diego, CA, 92117

Reviews of Brookdale Clairemont

Rose Marie1 July 15, 2015

I visited Brookdale. It was very nice. I like that facility very much. I thought it was very clean. The residents seemed very happy. They seemed active. They were moving around, loading on buses, and going to classes. There just seemed like a lot of activities. The grounds and the rooms were very nice.

Caring9258 November 22, 2014

I looked at the Emeritus of Clairemont, and it seemed quite nice, but I thought it was a little more expensive. Actually it is closer to me, which is perfect. It looked to be a very lovely place because it was much larger.

Susan96466650 November 19, 2014

Emeritus at Clairemont was very nice. Every week somebody would come in for entertainment. The people were friendly. The people that run it were nice. They had everything that you would want, i.e., they had a hair salon and things like that.

Caring88382250 October 17, 2014

The staff is very friendly at Emeritus at Clairemont. They are competent and responsive, and we are very happy with the place for my sister. The best thing is that they allowed her to have her dog. Her room is very nice and spacious. They have arts and crafts, and they do trips out in the area. They have a hair dresser and different things going on. Everything is fine with regards to the facility, and I would recommend them to others.

Dorothy93581750 September 30, 2014

We were able to look at Emeritus at Clairemont and it’s a nice facility too. The whole staff was really friendly. Everyone was really nice. It’s a great place. I like the rooms as they were a little bigger than other fcilities that I looked at.

Claudette2 June 30, 2014

The problem with Emeritus was that the only ones they had open were rooms right on Clairemont Mesa Blvd, and it is far too noisy for me. The room had a hotel feeling and air conditioning, and that seemed a little noisy too. It did have a really nice bathroom, but you have to bring your own furniture. However, the visit was fruitful. I learned a lot. I like Emeritus' location because my son lives in Bay Park, and I wanted to be close to my family. The lady was really nice and showed me the menus and everything. She showed me where they had some parking in the back. They did tell me about transportation to and from doctors and things like that if I needed it, but that would be extra money.

Joe35 May 29, 2014

Emeritus at Clairemont was fine, clean, and seemed to be a very friendly place. From what we observed, it was a nice facility. We were looking for a place for our son, who is disabled, and so we were looking for a very specific facility. However, we didn't think that Emeritus at Clairemont would be the right place for him.

Caring79463750 March 29, 2014

We ended up placing my mom at Emeritus and she stayed there for three weeks. We chose it because of the physical building, the building itself was better. We put her in the apartment with 24-hour care. They're very nice people. The staff was helpful, they were friendly. She didn't ask as much as she needed, and they didn't offer if she didn't ask.

It was a clean facility. They made good food but they didn't meet her needs. They managed her meds and took her to the dining room. For the price, it was good. They let you know what the additional fees are upfront, instead of after you've signed the agreement.

The one thing that I was really dissatisfied with was they never involved me in a plan of care meeting on what was going on with my mother. They could definitely improve their communication with the family. I understand some family just wants to drop their parents and leave them. Others want to be informed and know what's going on.

art10 March 27, 2014

My brother is happy at Emeritus at Clairemont. He's been there for over a month now. It's like a huge apartment building. He has a room with a bath and a pretty large closet. The living environment is comfortable, and everybody seems happy there. The staff are all friendly and helpful. It seemed like they have a lot of activities going on. They have movies, take people to go shopping, and other different things. I've been there while he was eating, and everything looked good. I've been in the dining room, it's like an upscale restaurant. It's very neat and clean. As far as I'm concerned, I don't have anything against it. It has been very satisfactory.

Caring66518850 February 25, 2014

Emeritus at Clairemont is a very nice place although it's not something that I prefer. I don't want big tall buildings with a room. I would like to have my own type of house. It's also in a busy location of town so not much place for people to be out and be active at all.

Kyle4 January 30, 2014

We read about Emeritus at Clairemont online and we liked it. We were able to visit there and the place looks nice and very clean. Everybody seemed nice and helpful. The administrator was also very nice to us and she did all she could to help us, but it didn’t just work for us for now.

Caring67071750 November 27, 2013

Emeritus was not what I was looking for although I would imagine that they would do a fair job at what they're doing. I can't say I saw anything particularly negative there; however, the facility was in a very busy neighborhood. Also the parking lot was not as adequate as far as I could see. I also didn't get to see many of their residents. It turned out that it was not what I thought I was even close to needing as of the moment, so I didn't pay much attention to it during my visit.

Mollie2 October 30, 2013

Emeritus at Clairemont is a pretty small place with a little outside area. The facility is not modern and it was a little dark, but it's clean. The staff were very nice. The rooms were very small; it's just a studio room.

Caring71547950 October 25, 2013

I chose Emeritus for my mom mostly for convenience because it is very near to my house. So, I can go see my mother whenever I need to and not spend a lot of time travelling. It is also fits her limited budget. She has three meals. She has a small but nice room and they give her the services that she needs. The staff is very caring and helpful. They are all great to the seniors. They have transportation and some activities. They have trips to casinos. They have bingo and games. However, my mother is at the point where she doesn't take advantage of it. I think they can probably do a better job in bringing the seniors together and have more activities in the facility for them to interact. I will recommend them to others especially if their seniors have limited resources.

Tchargers October 12, 2013

My Grandfather moved in last month and I went to visit him and loved it! He has a great room looking at the Courtyard where he does his gardening and flowers. The building is very nice and clean, no odors. the staff was exceptionally friendly and really give you that 'family' feel. We played pool and he beat me - he was so happy. And I'm very happy for him that he found such a great place and is making new friends. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a loved one.

Caring72372950 October 11, 2013

I have moved my parents to Emeritus at Clairemont and everyone is happy. We like that it is smaller. It is a little more intimate. The staff is very friendly. The rooms are the perfect size, which were actually not as spacious.

Keith7 September 29, 2013

I visited Emeritus and I would have put my mother there if need be. The staff was very professional, polite and they gave me all the information I needed. Emeritus was very close to my house and the price was right and the people there seemed to be well cared for.

caring1442 September 25, 2013

I have come across Emeritus at Clairemont through a website that services seniors. They gave me a list of places to consider that are fairly close to where I live. Emeritus was fine except I found it very drab. I also didn't like the street that it was on because it was a very busy street. Their accommodations weren't as large or spacious as I expect them to be. Basing on my overall impression of the place, this one I would give a low rating. I just didn't like it at all. Some people may love it, but I don't and it wasn't what I was looking for at all.

Caring5593 June 13, 2013

We visited Emeritus at Clairemont for my parents. The price was reasonable enough and the staff who assisted our tour was excellent, very knowledgeable. It was a great tour. It was also an older facility. However, they're letting the facility kind of deteriorate in pride. They had old furniture and deteriorating carpets. I don't have problem with the facility being old, but they need to update it. They need to freshen it up.

elujretlaw9 June 29, 2012

My experience with the living provider was as common as they are between the visitor I was and the manager. He was a good host for me and for my friend and was content to see that my friend had company and welcomed me to feel at home for the short time I stayed there.He did nothing of which I found unusual or cruel and was overall a decent human being, seemed to care for his residents and behaved accordingly. Also, I cannot recall my friend ever complaining or saying anything negative about him or his home so I must assume the assisted living provider was good at his job.

blueone May 21, 2012

This was my first time ever visiting an assisted living facility to visit a family friend and it was much nicer than I thought it would have been. The site seemed a bit plain in my opinion, but still nice. The staff seemed very friendly and it seemed to have all the amenities that a person would need there. We toured around the facility a bit and we also had lunch there with the resident we were visiting and it was nice, quiet, and the eating area was nice. The staff we encountered during the visit was friendly as well. The resident's room was cozy and seemed to have everything he needed in there. While touring the facility with them, I did not see too many other residents out and about but I'm not sure if that's because it was just because it was a weekend and perhaps residents were doing other things off-site. Overall, seemed like an ok place for someone to stay.

From Brookdale Clairemont

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Clairemont

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Hospice care

• Housing extra: With private patios

• 24-hour security gate
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Staff patient ratio: 6 to 1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 374600735