Sunrise of Sacramento

345 Munroe Street, Sacramento, CA, 95825

Reviews of Sunrise of Sacramento

Caring105094750 April 20, 2015

My father is in Sunrise, and the care has been very good. They have been very attentive, and I'm very happy. Overall, it is a smaller facility, which is what we like. They obviously have single rooms. We are happy with the size of his room and the proximity to the elevator. It is only a 72-bed facility, so we feel that it has more of a home feel than a hotel or larger institution.

My father is in the assisted living, they provide the ability to take him shopping and to his dentist and doctor's appointments, but as far as activities, he likes to read, and he has been taking walks around the facility. The grounds are very nice, and it is in a nice and quiet residential part of Sacramento. I am very happy with their food. 95% of what they serve their residents is made fresh every day, so we enjoy that, and if you ask my father, he will probably say he wants more salt, mayonnaise, or butter. I think overall, he is very happy. I know that he looks forward to breakfast every day.

anonymous100080350 January 17, 2015

My aunt is now in the Sunrise of Sacramento, and we are pretty happy with it. We chose this facility because it is close to where she had lived, and she had neighbors who would visit. When I went there to visit her, it seemed like everybody was so pleasant, and they really cared about the residents.

Ed19 May 20, 2014

Sunrise of Sacramento is the place I'd like Mom to be if she would go to assisted living (but she will not). It's like a five-star hotel type of atmosphere. Everything was very clean and just really nice. They take care of everything. The girl who showed me around was actually filing in for the regular person. She still was very knowledgeable of how things are run. In addition, the people seemed very friendly and caring. The people I saw looked like they're very well taken cared of; it seemed like a happy situation. The rooms were really nice; I really like them. The one that I liked was called a shared room. It has two separate bedrooms, a common sitting area in front and a shared bathroom off to the side. We looked at the dining area; it's like a high class restaurant. It was really nice to have a full menu and things to choose from, so I wouldn't hesitate to have dinner there. The food looked really well prepared, too. They had all services there. They own and operate a bus for everybody. It's for transporting people around to places like shopping. It was a great place. I can't think of anything that was lacking there.

Caring82063650 December 31, 2013

Sunrise of Sacramento was the most expensive place we visited; however, we like it very much. I would have loved for my parents to stay there but it would cost too much money. The only staff I talked to was their marketing people and they were very friendly. Their rooms were fairly new and clean but they're a little small. Of course, for older folks, they don't necessarily need a big space, but particularly for the price that you were paying, I would have thought that you would get more space in there. Overall, it looked like it was a good setting and a good place to go to. I didn't see anything wrong with the place at all.

readingowns71 July 06, 2012

When I think back to when I had visited the facility, one of the first thing that had stood out to me was how friendly everyone that we encountered was. Many of the people there were more than willing to stop and greet us, as well as answer any questions or concerns that we had. We were automatically treated as guests and none of the staff ever tried to shy away from us. The dining room was rather a decent size, and it was very nicely decorated. Even though this place was an assisted living facility, it never once had that "feel" to it. There were many activities that the residents were able to partake in, as well as other independent activities for those who were not up to joining the others. Throughout the whole visit, you could really tell that the residents who decided to call this place "home" were really happy to be there.

Holly Smith October 14, 2011

When I had to start working longer hours at work I realized that my schedule had become to demanding I wasn't at home to take care of my family most of the time I was to tired. And when my son got a job it meant that my mother would be stuck at home all by herself for the majority of the day.I have no doubt that my mother is capable of taking care of herself but the thought of an accident terrified me so I began to search for an assisted living home. I found Sunrise Senior Living very quickly and was able to set up the arrangements within the week everything checked out and now my mother is living there. At first she was reluctant about the situation but its been a few months and I think she is really warming up well. The caregivers take care of her very well and tend to all her needs like bathing food and medicine, My son, family,or I can visit her whenever we choose and she is in good health. The service is not expensive and The staff is very kind and show respect to all the residents. The facility has all the basic amenities separate rooms, game room, and kitchen etc. I was sad that I had to send my own mother away but now that I see her health rising and her connecting with other people like herself I don't have any regret I know I made the right decision.

SunsetTedd June 13, 2011

Visited this facility

I really liked the layout and atmosphere of Sunrise Senior Living. My grandmother is looking to move to one of these places and she likes the fact they have lots of activities and you can still be independent. They are also inexpensive compared to many of the other facilities in sacramento. They offer exercise facilites, private dining, 24 hour medical care, game rooms and much more. I was so pleased to see that there is many things to offer the residents and it is very close to my home so I could visit my grandmother frequently. Independent senior living is important.

From Sunrise of Sacramento

Located just minutes from Loehmann's Plaza, Lynn Village and Pavilions, Sunrise of Sacramento sits in one of Sacramento, California's prestigious and desirable neighborhoods, just blocks away from the local parks, fine dining and shopping. Our community is situated between Fair Oaks Boulevard and American River Drive, just moments away from the "Fabulous 40's", Sacramento State and downtown - combining the comforts of a park-like setting with the convenience of favorite local businesses.

We pride ourselves on our sense of community with an emphasis on how we nurture the spirit of our seniors. We are involved in our local community, with great emphasis on having fun, cultural diversity and intellectual stimulation.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites, to our exceptional outdoor gardens.

Features of Sunrise of Sacramento

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• 24 hour nurses: Available during business hours
  • Hospice care

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 347004891