American House East I Senior Living Assisted Living

Reviews of American House East I Senior Living | Assisted Living

Overview of Ratings

4.4

December 31, 2013

I liked American House very much. The staff was very good. They have lots of things going on. It just felt very warm there when I visited this place.

That's what we aim for - our residents and visitors to feel warm and happy here! I'm glad you liked it, and hope you noticed ALL of the cool and enjoyable events we offer. If you have any questions, please call me and I'd be happy to help out.

Sincerely, Fran Marable Executive Director 586-776-8500

December 30, 2013

By Carolyn30

We went to American House and the facility was nice. The programming seemed really good. The dining room was way off on one side of the building and the rooms she showed us was the other, just way too much walking for my mom to be able to get around as much as she would need to do. I just thought it was too big. The staff was fine.

Thanks for leaving your feedback, Carolyn. I understand your concerns about your mom being able to maneuver around the community; if you would like to give me a call personally, I'd be happy to talk to you about our options for her. We have staff on site to assist with escorting our residents if needed. I'd love for her to be able to enjoy all of our activities and events here!

Sincerely, Fran Marable Executive Director 586-776-8500

November 28, 2012

By scotty2hotty

The home was very nice based on my expectations being rather low for this assisted living home. I walked in and they greeted me very friendly and showed me where my moms friends room was. On the way to the room i noticed that every one there was happy and i didnt see any of the people frowning. The staff was great and that was probably my most positive comment about the whole place. As i walked in her room i noticed that the rooms were very tidy and some where id like to live at when im older. She spoke to me about how the food there was not that good but the customer service was great to her. We walked around to the cafeteria so i could get a bite to eat with her and some coffee while i was there. the food was not as bad as she stated and they still held great service in the cafeteria. But this was an easy 4 out of 5 stars in rating on this assisted living home

Thanks for providing feedback "“ we consider it a compliment that you think so highly of our staff at American House! We make sure we only have the very best people working with us, and they truly love working with our residents. We try to foster happy attitudes and cleanliness in our building, so I'm glad that was evident. I'm glad you enjoyed our food and kitchen service as well. We want to make sure we're providing the highest quality food we can for our residents, so if your experience was different, I'd like to speak with you about opportunities to improve.

Thank you, Fran Marable, Executive Director 586-776-8500

November 07, 2012

By Paula4

Our experience with American House East was generally positive. The apartments for residents were adequately sized and generally clean. The food seemed enjoyable for the residents with lots of dietary options. The activities provided to residents who were able to participate seemed like good enrichment, and I liked the mobile doctors/nursing staff and hair care center. The staff were friendly aside from a few minor incidents. One such incident was indicating that my relative residing here "complained too frequently" or that she had made excessive demands. Considering she suffered from severe dementia, which the staff knew, I do not feel it was appropriate for the employees to convey their annoyance with my family, who had turned to this place because we needed help with that very thing. Also I feel that she sometimes was left in her wheelchair in odd places that did not provide her with good visual stimulation; for example, instead of staff leaving her in front of a window, I would find her facing the wall. But overall I feel the staff was competent for the level of care she was receiving.

Hi Paula4, Thank you for the feedback! We're so happy your experience with American House was positive. However, we are concerned about the incident you referenced and would like to learn more. We want to make sure we do all we can for you and your loved one so please call when you get a chance, or stop by my office. My door is always open.

Sincerely, Fran Marable Executive Director (586) 776-8500

Photos of American House East I Senior Living

Features of American House East I Senior Living

About American House East I Senior Living

American House has been helping seniors maintain their independence for over 30 years. We offer a carefree lifestyle for our residents that includes: three meals a day, daily maid service,weekly housekeeping ,transportation and a wide array of activities including entertainment weekly and dances held in our grand dining room along with outings to local events, theaters and shopping. Our residents lives are enhanced with daily exercise classes including yoga, strength training and chair dancing along with American History classes and monthly veterans meetings. Life is all about choices no matter what age we are and American House strives to give our residents the choice to remain independent and to enjoy their golden years in one of our amazing communities where independence truly lasts a lifetime!

A "hidden hamlet" in Roseville designed to resemble a Belgian castle, American House East I is ideally situated near family, friends, shopping, and familiar medical professionals in Roseville, St. Clair Shores, Eastpointe, Warren, and the Grosse Pointes. We are also in close proximity to many hospitals including St. John Detroit and Warren, Henry Ford Crosse Pointe and Warren, and Beaumont Grosse Pointe. East I Senior Living in Roseville provides Independent Living with assistance available.*

Our apartments range from studios to 2 bedrooms, all with living areas, kitchens and private baths - many overlook immaculately landscaped grounds. We also have a community dining room with an Executive Chef, a chapel, library, exercise room, computer area, potting room for plants, woodworking shop and pottery workshop with kiln, billiard and game room. Our relaxing lounges and common areas feature a grand piano, fireplaces, big-screen TV and more.

We have an Activity Director who plans a wide range of cultural, social and recreational activities and trips. Resident Services also include scheduled transportation and restaurant-style dining available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Laundry and housekeeping services are also available.

*Medical support services provided by a third party not affiliated with American House.

medication reminders