The Pines, A Merrill Gardens Community

500 West Ranchview Drive, Rocklin, CA, 95765

Reviews of The Pines, A Merrill Gardens Community

CarlIOUXY May 11, 2016

I visited Merrill Gardens probably once every two or three months. My daughter lived in close proximity, so I spent time with her, then went to Merill Gardens to have a meal and meet with my lady friend. The dining area was very good. The food was well presented with a really balanced menu throughout the week. It had good service.

Shirley121987250 March 18, 2016

The Pines is a brand-new facility that looks like a gorgeous, five-star hotel. They have lovely dinners there. As for the staff, you couldn’t ask for them to be more personable. They’re very good with my dad and keep the rooms clean. His room is small, but he did insist on having his queen-size bed, so that’s his fault. I definitely recommend this community.

We are so pleased to hear about your experience at The Pines. Our team strives to provide a great environment for everyone so this feedback is wonderful to receive.

retreatgirl January 18, 2016

After visiting 7 places, we decided on this one for our Mom. We loved the 7-7 dining, and the warm and beautiful atmosphere. I think the main reason for us was that they had a nurse on duty at all times. The desk reservationists was So nice. Lots of activities and the shuttle service were a real plus.

We are so happy to receive this positive feedback. We look forward to providing a great environment for your mom at The Pines, A Merrill Gardens Community.

Toni The Red Tiger November 16, 2015

I didn’t meet any of the staff at The Pines -- just the representative that showed us around. The place was kind of cold. It really wasn’t as good as the other facilities I have visited. Plus, it was too expensive. They have meals all day, so you are never going to meet anyone unless you go at the same time. I just really didn’t like the whole atmosphere.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. We would be happy to talk with you to get additional feedback. Please don't hesitate to contact us directly.

TJ6 November 11, 2015

My father-in-law is in The Pines. It just opened, so it is a brand-new facility, and it's place where you can walk away and feel good about it after. We have been pleased. It was a work in progress in the beginning for him being in a facility for the very first time. We needed one with memory care because that will be needed in the future. They have sitting areas outside, but the trees and landscaping are not fully developed yet because it is brand new. The room itself is a very nice room. He has a nice sitting area, a bedroom, a full size fridge, a little counter, and a bathroom with easy access in and out of the shower. He loves the food; it's delicious, and the presentation is really nice, like a restaurant. They have a lot of activities that he participates in, like outings.

Thank you for writing us this review for The Pines. We are so pleased that your father-in-law loves the food! Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions.

Anonymous113134850 September 30, 2015

The Pines was brand new, and nobody has moved in yet, so everything was perfect. There were no residents when I went, and its furniture hasn’t even been delivered. There was one woman that helped me, and she was very friendly and very helpful. They had the dining room, the piano was supposed to be delivered -- so they had that common area -- and I think there was a beauty shop there too. It seemed they have movie nights and transportation if you need to go some place.

We appreciate you taking your time to write us this review. We would love to invite you back for another visit now that our community is open! Please reach out to us with any questions in the meantime.

From The Pines, A Merrill Gardens Community

The Pines, a Merrill Gardens Community in Rocklin offers Independent, Assisted Living and Memory Care. It's an idyllic senior community nestled among the rolling hills of Placer County.

The community will feature beautiful walking paths and landscaped grounds. Enjoy the daily activities program. Team members will be available 24-hours a day, seven days a week.

Walking paths & landscaped grounds. Across the street from Whitney Community Park & the city's aquatic center. Living & social meeting areas. Private apartments.

Features of The Pines, A Merrill Gardens Community

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Hospice care

• General store
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,500/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 65

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites