The Windsor of Palm Coast

Reviews of The Windsor of Palm Coast

4.2

December 21, 2013

By rochellerochelle

The place is beautiful and the staff is extraordinarily caring and nice. The only complaint my relative there has is that the food taste and quality is not good and seems to be going downhill. It used to be much better.

October 13, 2013

The Windsor of Palm Coast was a great place. It was very open and bright. The food seemed to be good. The residents I spoke to were quite pleased with this place. The executive director had a long chat with me and it seemed that they run this facility in a very professional manner.

July 31, 2013

Our visit at Windsor of Palm Coast was fine. We were happy with the facility, but my mother-in-law did not like it because it was structured and that's her only complaint. Everybody was very pleasant. We even have lunch there and the food was good.

June 13, 2013

By Mike26

It has been 10 days since my mom has moved in at The Windsor of Palm Coast. It's a relatively new facility. From what I have observed from several visits, the staff are consistently very kind and tender with the residents. My mom is living in a small apartment with a living room and a separate bedroom. The food is excellent. They have different kinds of activities like story telling in which the residents can participate. They also have games. Every Friday they have happy hour in which they can have a little wine and beer. They also bring in entertainment. One time, they had belly dancers. They also take the residents out to shop or go to the beach. They seem to have a very attentive approach to the residents and they are very open to suggestions.

February 28, 2013

By Preston1

My father likes The Windsor very much. The staff is excellent, they're very good, and the facility is clean.

August 30, 2012

By CaptDave234

I recently toured this beautiful facility for my mother. From the moment I entered I knew this was the place. The staff was friendly and well dressed. The building and bathrooms were very clean. We had lunch and the food was on par with many of the area country clubs, well presented and very flavorful. Not what I expected. I can't say enough good things about the Windsor of Palm Coast.

August 30, 2012

By Salas

My dad is currently living at Windsor, he has been here for six months. His health has improved and he is now doing things he never did before. The Administrator Michelle is so understanding and her staff is fabulous - I am thankful that we talked my dad into moving into the Windsor!

July 02, 2012

By Olivia72

We recently moved my great aunt into the Windsor. The building is beautiful but its the staff that makes this place so special. Wonderful care, beautiful facilities, 5 stars all the way.

July 01, 2012

By Probably not

It is a beautiful place. My family was there for awhile. I took them both out. I had many issues with the place. The safety of the place is not what you would think. There are not enough employees to take care of all of the people living there correctly. Very upsetting...........Beauty is not always everything....and it took me longer then it should have to get it. Im very happy with the new Facility.

Please accept our humble apologies for your unhappy experience. We wish you the very best as you proceed in your search for Senior Housing

June 26, 2012

By Mr. Mee

Very disorganized. No one knows whats going on. Lots of complaints by residents. I saw bugs in the room. Dirty place.

Please accept my apologies for your negative experience. We take your concerns very seriously. Please stop by for another look, we continually strive to exceed our customers' expectations.

February 05, 2012

By Burgermeister50

Not a good experience for my loved one. Stolen items. Poor care on the weekends especially. Understaffed and not enough appropriate activities. Very disappointed.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, we sincerely apologize. We value your input and hope you come by again. I think you'll see the improvements and be impressed with the service.

Questions About The Windsor of Palm Coast

Assisted Living at The Windsor of Palm Coast

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Windsor of Palm Coast . What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The Windsor of Palm Coast is very proud to have a diverse community of residents who enjoy a wide range of activities from physical exercise, exploring their artistic talents, cooking classes and volunteering their time in various local community projects, just to name a few.

What programs or activities does The Windsor of Palm Coast offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Some of the life enrichment opportunities include: trips to the theater and art venues, outings to shopping and attractions, community and cultural events, informative lectures and educational speakers, volunteer opportunities, fitness classes, walking groups, social and themed parties, book clubs, family events and much more.

What transportation services does The Windsor of Palm Coast offer to assisted living residents?

The Windsor of Palm Coast offers scheduled transportation via shuttle buses for our assisted living resident’s convenience. The Windsor of Palm Coast is equipped with a porte-cochere for the convenience and safety of all residents.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Windsor of Palm Coast exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

The Windsor of Palm Coast offers a Gold Leaf Dining experience for all residents which entail fresh prepared meals in our own kitchen by our staff of professional Gold Leaf Chefs. Breakfast consists of a wide array of traditional breakfast items, including eggs cooked to order. For lunch and dinner, you may choose a freshly prepared selection from the Gold Leaf Choice menu or the Café Select menu, and your choice will be brought to your table by one of our friendly wait staff. The Gold Leaf Choice menu is created by the chef and changes daily.

What safety features or security measures does The Windsor of Palm Coast offer to assisted living residents?

Trained associates are on the premises 24-hours a day, electromagnetic locking doors, specialty carpets near doors with alarms, etc.

How does The Windsor of Palm Coast keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

The Windsor of Palm Coast publishes a monthly newsletter which often contains a calendar of planned events, a schedule of daily activities is posted at the community. Families will receive a phone call if there is any change in the health of the resident.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at The Windsor of Palm Coast during daytime and nighttime hours?

Staff-to-resident ratio will fluctuate depending on the number of residents.

If The Windsor of Palm Coast accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Residents are allowed to have well-behaved pets and there is ample space outdoors for residents to enjoy with their pets.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Associates receive training through a thorough onboarding program and ongoing, annual training as required by the state regulations. Department heads are required to participate in bi-annual training in their designated field of expertise.

What safety features or security measures does The Windsor of Palm Coast provide to protect residents who wander?

When residents appear to be moving towards an exit, associates are trained to re-direct them back to their activities or apartments. Special carpet designed to deter residents are placed around fire exits and the doors in each community are installed with electro-magnetic locking systems.

Memory Care at The Windsor of Palm Coast

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Staff-to-resident ratio will fluctuate depending on the number of residents.

What programs or activities does The Windsor of Palm Coast offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Programs and activities for Memory Care Residents are customized based on personal interest, cognitive and physical abilities using the resident’s life story.

Each resident’s health and cognitive functioning are assessed by the health care coordinator when they move into the community. Each resident is assessed again 30 days after move-in and every 120 days after that by the Healthcare Coordinator.

What techniques does The Windsor of Palm Coast use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

A half hour before mealtimes, aroma therapy is used to stimulate synapses in the brain to recognize that it is time to eat, residents are escorted to the dining room and accompanied at the table by an associate who demonstrates mirroring techniques to enhance memories of proper eating techniques.

How does The Windsor of Palm Coast keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Anytime there is a change in the health or behavior of a resident, the family is notified with a phone call.

Describe the neighborhood around The Windsor of Palm Coast . Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

The Windsor at Palm Coast is located in close proximity to residential neighborhoods with easy access to various hospitals and clinics for the convenience of the residents.

Photos of The Windsor of Palm Coast

About The Windsor of Palm Coast

The Windsor is a licensed assisted living and memory care residence dedicated to providing quality services in a warm, comfortable environment. We offer professional, personalized services designed to enhance the quality of life for those we serve.

At The Windsor, we are dedicated to each Residents' independence, choices and dignity.

Visit us for a tour and you'll see how our combination of a warm residential setting along with the caring, helpful staff at The Windsor is just the right choice for your housing or service needs.

Philosophy of Service

The Windsor is dedicated to providing the highest standard in quality of service, environment, and care to residents and their families. The foundation of our approach to service is built upon fundamental concepts we believe are important to every resident.

The concepts are central in our approach to quality service and supportive residential environments:

• Promote the individuality of each resident
  • Offer each resident dignity and respect
  • Foster independence for each resident
  • Support each resident’s right to privacy
  • Support the needs of family and friends
  • Provide a supportive residential environment
  • Partner with residents and family in care decisions
  • Offer individual choices in care, services and lifestyle
Tailored Services

At The Windsor, we recognize that each person has individual needs and preferences. With this in mind, we offer each resident a flexible service combination we call Tailored Services. The combination of the Base Monthly Service and the Tailored Services you choose results in your monthly Tailored Pricing. This unique plan provides you with the most individual personal service in the most cost effective manner.

Base Monthly Service Includes:

• Spacious apartment
  • Utilities (except phone)
  • Routine maintenance
  • Weekly housekeeping & linen service
  • Health monitoring by full time professional staff
  • Life Enrichment activities
  • 24-hour access to staff
  • Licensed nurse on staff

Tailored Services may include: (but are not limited to)

• Medication Assistance
  • Specialized diets
  • Assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, and other personal care
  • Assistance with ambulation
  • Personal Laundry

The Windsor Personal Assessment provides for cooperative planning between you and our staff. As your needs or wants change, your Tailored Services can change with you. At The Windsor, you pay only for the services you need or want.

Enriching Activities

Life enriching activities come alive at The Windsor. Residents participate in hobbies, cultural events, educational opportunities, religious activities, and interesting trips, along with the opportunity for new experiences. New friends are made and relationships strengthened by spending enjoyable time together. Special cultural and community events are a highlight on The Windsor Life Enrichment Calendar.

The Life Enrichment Coordinator and the nurse create The Windsor Wellness Program which may include fun exercises, activities, and health education. The Windsor Wellness Program is designed to enhance the overall health and well-being of the residents.

Companion Services

You may choose additional personalized support or services through our specialized program call Windsor Companions. Windsor Companions spend time one-on-one with the resident providing special attention or care such as reading, shopping, letter writing, supervision, and support.

Quality Design Features

Every design feature of The Windsor is based on our philosophy of service and our dedication to creating quality environments and service delivery systems for the residents we serve.

Exterior:

• Elegant home-style architecture
  • Porte Cochere providing weather-covered access to front entrance
Interior:
  • Personal Care Suite providing health and wellness evaluations and services
  • Therapeutic and relaxing whirlpool spa
  • Elegant Palma Sola dining room
  • Courtyard Café for casual dining and snacks
  • Enclosed courtyard / screened lanai
Apartments:
  • Seven distinctive apartment styles
  • Kitchenette with microwave, refrigerator, sink, and cabinetry
  • Wall-to-wall carpeting, except bathrooms
  • Large bathroom with curbless shower
  • Emergency Call System with speaker response
  • Telephone and cable connections
  • Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
  • For your "Peace of Mind"
  • Electronically controlled entrances
  • Fire/smoke and sprinkler systems
  • Emergency generators for certain living areas

Map of The Windsor of Palm Coast