The Pointe at Kirby Gate

6480 Quince Rd., Memphis, TN, 38119

Reviews of The Pointe at Kirby Gate

Caring6268 September 23, 2014

I was very impressed with Pointe at Kirby Gate and it was close to our neighborhood. I had the people evaluate him, but he did not qualify as he cannot move on his own. I liked it because it was small, and I felt like the people were friendly. I ran into a few of the residents and everybody seemed pretty happy and content. We liked the rooms; they had four styles. The studio was one big room, but it was kind of sectioned off to have the appearance of a separate bedroom -- that was the room I liked -- and it was the smallest which was fine and basic. They had a little small meeting room that they did exercises and it didn't appear as a gym. It was small but I think that’s where they would meet for exercises. They had a little outside patio and a lounge area. Everybody seemed really friendly and homey.

Kim84860850 September 10, 2014

I went for lunch at The Pointe, and it was nice. The dining room was nice, and the food was good. They also have a memory care unit, but it was a little more expensive. They have a very nice environment. The room was very nice.

Caring87842850 August 07, 2014

The Pointe at Kirby Gate was clean. It wasn’t as bright as some of the other places but it had a VERY homey attitude. Everybody was VERY friendly. I like very much the idea that every resident had pictures where people would see who they are, what they’re interested in and what they don’t like. When you went in the kitchen, they had pictures of all the residents on the wall with the listing of problems of the different food so the chef knew exactly what they could and could not deal with. It was very nice and individualized. The residents were really engaged in activities. There was a room of people just having a good time. One resident thought I was her daughter so we talked for a few minutes. They also have outside activities like exercise, church activities and happy hour every Friday. They seldom have a vacancy and I understand why.

Jenny10 July 19, 2014

My mother moved in to The Pointe at Kirby Gate on July first, and I am really happy with them. Everybody on the entire staff always know how my mother is. I don't care who answers the phone, they always say, "Oh, your mother is at lunch," or "She's doing this and that." She has a 500 square foot studio with a little kitchen, a bath, a nice size closet, big window, and high ceiling. It is very clean and nice. Their activities are amazing. They have had an activities director in there for about 15 years. His name is Tony, and he gets everybody out. I have never seen such an active group of assisted living residents because, you know, sometimes they have problems and donÕt want to be engaged, but he goes in and gets them. The way that they structure their activities blends in with the mealtimes. So, other than people going to take a nap, the people are always engaged.It is really beautiful. It feels like a home. The decoration is really warm, and I really think she will become accustomed to it. It has a very nice lobby. It is all in a square, like a courtyard. So it is very nice, and you will never feel like you are separated. The dining room area is attractive, and the food is excellent.

Caring83886550 June 17, 2014

The Pointe was actually nice. I liked that it was small and the staff was engaged with everybody. They were very friendly, very nice, and very open. They just had a water leak, and they were in the process of being rebuilt, but it was very nice. The activities director was the first person who came to us when we were there, and he seemed very friendly. During the number of visits we went by there, we could see the activities director interacting with the residents.

caring020418 April 29, 2014

I like The Pointe because of its size; it is very small, and the people here are just incredible. My mother’s room is fine. They’re having an Easter party, they do Bingo, and they play all kinds of games. They go shopping, and they had a little city tour the other day.

Darwin October 11, 2013

My aunt stayed at The Pointe at Kirby Gate for almost three years before she passed away. She received good care and the staff seemed nice. The residents all looked well-taken care of. The rooms were nice, spacious, very clean and well-appointed. They had a beautiful patio area where the residents could sit and admire the flowers.

From The Pointe at Kirby Gate

Senior assisted living at The Pointe At Kirby Gate offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At The Pointe At Kirby Gate, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in Memphis has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At The Pointe At Kirby Gate, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Personalized Care Plans
  • 24-hour Staffing
  • Emergency Response System
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

We are small (52 apartments), one-storied, very homelike and welcoming. We have assisted living and memory care neighborhoods. Our caregiver to resident ratio is 12:1 in AL and 8:1 in Memory Care. We are built around a beautifully landscaped courtyard that has a walking path, covered patio and a beautiful pond stocked with koi.

Features of The Pointe at Kirby Gate

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Hiking trails
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Dining extra: meals are delivered to rooms if resident is ill

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: 1
  • Minimum memory care rate: $5,100/month

• Staff patient ratio: 1 to 12
  • Minimum age: 62

• Licenses: Assisted Living
  • State License(s): 00000131

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of The Pointe at Kirby Gate