Brookdale Manassas

8341 Barrett Dr., Manassas, VA, 20109

Reviews of Brookdale Manassas

Caring96964750 November 03, 2014

Everything looked good and fine at Emeritus at Manassas. It’s really a question of what she felt comfortable with. The staff was fine and helpful; everything was fine, clean, and well-organized. They had class and bingo as part of their activities.

Nancy87787350 October 22, 2014

Do not put anybody at Emeritus. They don’t have enough staff, and the food was horrible. I went every single day at different times of the day to see how he was being treated, and it was not all that great. They got mad at him because he pooped in his pants, he is 91 years old and he has not a clue who I am; it was really a bad experience. But the facility was nice and clean.

Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to improving the lives of the residents we serve, and have recently transitioned a talented Dining Service Director and Health and Wellness Director to the community.

Mark40 July 27, 2014

I visited Emeritus at Manassas on a Sunday. The staff was very friendly but limited. However, I’m not saying that they’re short-staffed. I found that the people there seemed very clean. The place was immaculate.

Caring84585850 May 30, 2014

The people who worked in Emeritus Manassas were wonderful. I had no problems with anyone I met because everyone I met was wonderful. Everyone was very nice and accommodating. The facility was great. The rooms were average. The activities were about the same as other places. I don't think they had a movie theater, but they had everything else. I thought they could improve on the general building.

Christina10 May 21, 2014

My daughter was part of a dance group that performed at Emeritus at Manassas, so I was able to look around. I know they also have craft activities and people come in from the community; kids would come in and play music. I didn't see the whole facility, but it seemed very clean. It was also spacious. Their staff was evident everywhere; they seemed to be pretty hands-on in helping the residents there. I did see the dining room and a room. Their dining room looked like a restaurant; it was very well done. The room was fine, but I didn’t explore very much. They seem comfortable.

Patti12 May 11, 2014

My mother is at Emeritus. It is very nice, and the people are very good. The residents are very happy. The people who assist my mother stand out to me. They are very helpful. The room is very large, and the food is good. They have a lot of activities, though she has not participated in them yet.

Caring78446350 March 27, 2014

Mom is at Emeritus at Manassas, and it is a very nice facility. Most people are more outgoing than my mom. She stays in her room a lot of the time, but they have a lot of activities for the residents to go to. They have sit-down meals three times a day, where the residents go to their cafeteria area. Everybody there seemed to be OK and happy, so I think it's fine. The staff are very nice. The rooms are nice. You bring your own furniture, and my mom has brought in some stuff, so it made her feel like she was at home. They do provide a healthy and balanced diet. I have been looking for a non-smoking place, and I am glad it is one, but every once in a while people smoke on the front porch and you have to walk through that to get to the door, and that is my only negative thing. I have recommended it to other people.

Caring79597350 February 28, 2014

I like the location of Emeritus Manassas. I like the staff, too. They have all kinds of activities during the day and in the evening. They have music and happy hour once a month. The dining room is very nice. They have a 1 room unit or 1 room with an alcove.

Caring78128050 February 25, 2014

Emeritus seemed very nice and the room seemed clean. The people were very nice. We saw some activities and it seemed they had a lot to offer. We did see people coming down for a meal and they were being helped. Many people are in wheelchairs and in walkers and my in-laws are not at that stage yet. The aides and the nurses seemed very helpful in getting everybody to the meal and it was very pleasant.

Doug10 February 13, 2014

Emeritus is open, airy and there’s a lot of light around. It’s a very modern facility and the people were very friendly. Everybody knew each other and it just seemed a really nice place. The dining facilities are very nice. They had little tables for four, they had menus and a variety of things that they could eat but we didn’t have a meal there. They had a van that would take them out to go to various places around, doctors’ visits or to the stores. You can be as active as you want to be. It was however more of an assisted living and we wanted an independent living for my mom.

Robin18 December 27, 2013

Emeritus at Manassas was the only place I visited. As far as the atmosphere, it seemed kind of depressing but the staff was all very nice. They seemed to have a lot available for their residents, like arts and crafts. The facility was a little older but it was satisfactory as far as cleanliness. It did feel a little more like institutional and their rooms were small. I visited at lunch time and it was quiet like nobody was talking. It was like everybody was just looking down at their plates and eating lunch.

Rick From Texas October 21, 2013

The Emeritus was our #2 choice after visiting over 8 properties in the area. The caregivers know everybody by name and seemed to enjoy their jobs. The facility was very clean and has an open, inviting atmosphere. They have a great food and activities calendar. I would be very comfortable having my mother being a resident there.

Caring69006850 October 15, 2013

Emeritus at Manassas was architecturally pleasant from an outside perspective and well taken care of. I was greeted appropriately by an attendant and also saw the community relations manager who met me promptly. She gave me a tour and showed me areas where the residents live for assisted living and the different rooms and options. She talked about the catering, how meals were prepared and she also showed me the memory care facility. She answered any questions that I had.

Caring63536750 October 09, 2013

I visited a facility next door to us, Emeritus at Manassas. Everything was fine when I went there. Everybody was very nice. I have no complaints about it.

Martha11 July 25, 2013

We are pleased with the level of care that he is getting at Emeritus at Manassas. Their activities seemed pretty well targeted towards the type of residents. We aren't really happy with the business office because we are having trouble with the bills that we are getting. We are charged lump sum charge and we need a real breakdown of what those costs refer to. We aren't really happy with the way they are conducting business. They are not very responsive. We leave phone calls and messages that don't get returned.

Elizabeth17 June 19, 2013

Emeritus at Manassas is a really nice facility. The staff is really good. The woman who took us on a tour was very accommodating, very sweet, and thorough. They do a really good job over there.

warren p April 23, 2013

My 93 yr old father was to move in this facility.Before he could move in he passed away.They have charged him over $15,000 dollars and agreed to return$2700.While they agreed to this they have not returned it after repeated requests. Be very careful about paying them anything in advance.There main office is in Seattle and not helpful.

Emeritus! The BEST June 12, 2012

mturker April 25, 2012

I went to visit this facility with my friend who lives in Manassas, VA and wanted to checkout this facility since this one is closest from his house and he wanted to send his Grandma so he could visit her more often. I was kind of skeptical about it because I hadn't heard about this facility before but I was really surprised when I visited it. This has to be one of the greatest one I visited in past. The staff was very helpful and location is very clean and beautiful from outside as well as inside. I talked to few people who lived there and they told me about how good the staff is and they have lots of fun activities for residents who live there. One thing that really fascinated was people who lived there all looked extremely happy with the service provided by this facility which is very hard to find in assisted living homes.

carolmcfa July 27, 2011

I have had the privilege of visiting Emeritus at Manassas on several occasions; the Asaph Dance Ensemble ballet company (www. asaphdance.org) has an ongoing ministry to the residents, and my daughter is a part of it. I have been impressed with the location, it is always clean and beautifully decorated, but more importantly, the staff seems friendly and caring, and they have numerous fun activities and entertainment for the residents.

From Brookdale Manassas

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Location of Brookdale Manassas