The Palms of Longwood

Overview of Ratings

3.9

May 03, 2016

By cjdobie

My step-mom has been at the Palms for two weeks now, and she has experienced enough "situations" to allowing me to provide a valid review. First I should tell you that you can't judge a book by it's cover, because while the outside appearance has deferred maintenance, every area of the staff and care are OUTSTANDING. Before I go further, please note that the facility has recently been purchased, and they are working diligently to update and correct any existing physical appearance deficiencies you may notice, and an Activities Director is in the works. Personally I wouldn't have stepped inside, had I not had an appointment. I am SO glad I didn't let the outward appearance stop me. The first person to greet me was Alex, who is beyond attentive and remembered my name when I returned later that day. Kim is the Director, and I can't begin to tell you how caring and "down to earth" she is. Extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the issues we all face when researching a facility, she put me immediately at ease. After reviewing a number of facilities, I didn't hesitate to place my step-mom here. Knowing that they handle all levels of care (including end of life), I was comfortable knowing this would be the last move for her. Every issue noted from the most minor detail, was rectified immediately. My step-mom constantly complained about the food at the last high-priced nationally known facility, but here she does nothing but rave. Wanting her to have at least one "friend", Kim has taken steps to adjust seating arrangements to ensure that she finds someone to connect with. After receiving a call from my step-mom at 6:30 this morning stating she was in pain, I knew that this would be the real "test", as to how quickly her needs were attended. She pushed the button in her room just prior to calling me and I also went ahead and called the front desk, utilizing the emergency option. I was so anxious placing the call, that I failed to leave my name or number, as I jumped into my car to race to her. A few minutes later I received a phone call giving me an update. When I arrived my step-mom told me that they responded immediately to the button, and call; checking in on her constantly. What a relief! On staff doctors, pharmacy deliveries and ALL INCLUSIVE services (no more a la carte add-ons), make the price very reasonable. Assistance in the steps to apply for medicaid, knowledge about VA benefits and just an overall attitude that everything will be okay, puts The Palms of Longwood miles above the rest. Again, it's the Staff that is the most important when caring for the elderly. As Kim likes to say, this is your parent's new "home", and the staff just work there.

August 31, 2015

By Iris7

My dad is at Cornerstone assisted living in Longwood, and he has been there for about six weeks now. It was affordable for my stepmother, and that was why we went with it. She looked at it, and she liked it; it was similar to the place he had been before, and it met his needs. He doesn't mind the fancy frills and all that because he basically eats and sleeps and doesn't participate in any of the activities, but mostly it was the price because everything else was above his income.

August 24, 2015

By Jenny15

The Cornerstone has a secured gate. The one thing that is lacking is transportation. I think they have one outing a week. They also have bingo. My brother has a nice room. I think it is well managed, but I think the manager is overwhelmed with responsibilities because she does everything. When she is not there, nobody else can do anything. She needs an assistant.

December 31, 2013

By Robert82134650

All the facilities we visited have been excellent, but Cornerstone was the one that was within my insurance budget. This place was built quite a few years ago so it's the oldest facility in the area. All the others were new and all but their prices were beyond my insurance and I just couldn't afford that. Also a friend of ours had used this place for their folks and they recommended it. The manager there is very dedicated. She would go in a couple of times a week on her own on hours that the staff don't know that she's coming just to see how they're doing. She was a very nice lady and she even has her mother there as a patient. Their rooms were nice and adequate. They're also well-kept. However, you have to furnish your own room for yourselves but it's the same in all the other facilities.

Photos of The Palms of Longwood

Features of The Palms of Longwood

• Minimum Memory Cost: $3445/month
  • Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: AL5315

About The Palms of Longwood

Welcome to The Palms of Longwood

Located in one of Longwood’s quiet and serene residential neighborhoods, The Palms of Longwood is the type of place you’ll feel comfortable calling home.

The Palms of Longwood offers complete maintenance free living in spacious suites providing all the comforts of home, including your favorite furniture and accessories. However, we have fully furnished suites available too if you prefer. Each suite is equipped with safety devices and individual room controls for heating and air conditioning. All suites open to an enclosed, safe and temperature-controlled hallway, ensuring your total comfort.

Lifestyle options include a continuum of care to provide peace of mind now, and also in the future should a resident’s need change. In our private secure Memory Care Neighborhood, we provide services for those residents with memory challenges such as Alzheimer’s. Outdoor areas provide opportunities to socialize with other residents exercise or simply relax and enjoy our beautiful, lush gardens.

Assisted Living at The Palms of Longwood

At The Palms of Longwood Senior Living in Longwood, Florida we strive to foster an atmosphere of dignity, independence, purpose and activity for our residents. The highly trained caregivers at Senior Solutions Management specialize in all-inclusive, highly personalized attention for every person in our care.

Simply put, we promise the quality of life experience at The Palms will be second only to your own home. The entire staff at The Palms is available 24 hours a day to attend to the needs of the one you love. Please visit us and see for yourself why our generous, comforting and active lifestyle provided your family at The Palms of Longwood.

OUR SERVICES & AMENITIES

• Large private & companion-style suites
  • Customized personal care assistance
  • In-house state-of-the-art pharmacy & medication management program
  • Three restaurant style home-cooked meals
  • Housekeeping, personal laundry & linen service
  • Utilities included (except telephone & cable)
  • Emergency response system
  • On-site beauty & barber salon
  • Local transportation to medical appointments
  • Scheduled outings & social events
  • Planned monthly activity / social calendar
  • Wellness programs
  • Full-time maintenance staff
  • Guest room accommodations (based on availability)
  • Short-term respite care
  • Adult day care
  • On-site physician & nursing oversight
  • Access to additional on-site services such as therapy & podiatry

Memory Care at The Palms of Longwood

The Retreat at The Palms of Longwood Senior Living in Longwood, Florida is our special Memory Care program. We offer a bright, inviting and secure environment that includes a large outdoor garden area. Our trained, understanding and loving staff will use a compassionate approach with residents. We strive to foster an atmosphere of dignity, independence, purpose and activity for our residents with Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia. We maintain a higher care staff-to-resident ratio in order to attend to the individual personal needs of each of our residents.

Our Executive Director Kim Wolfrum is available anytime to answer any questions you may have. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of The Palms of Longwood