The Solana at Vintage Park

19929 Chasewood Park Road, Houston, TX, 77070

Reviews of The Solana at Vintage Park

StephenB November 10, 2014

My family and I moved my Mom into the Solana in August of 2014 from a Senior Living facility because we were looking for a place that provided more care and caring for her. We looked at 6 other facilities in the area and decided on Solana for many reasons such as it is close to my home, it is a new facility, they have the programs and options for care that we were looking for. But the main reason we chose it was because of the staff which were genuine and sincere during the selection process. I am glad to report that they are still genuine and sincere after having Mom there for over 3 months now. The facility is great with wide clean spaces for Mom and all of the residents. The on-site Dr and PAs take care of Mom's needs without having to get her up and out for basic Doctor visits. The grounds are maintained meticulously with the front porch and back yard garden being Mom's favorite hang outs. They are continuously playing some sort of games or movie nights with the residents. And the monthly parties are a great time for family get togethers with Mom. We are looking forward to Thanksgiving with her there on Nov 20th. I would highly recommend the Solana.

ESD November 09, 2014

. Mom was not happy to be moving to assisted living but now she tells me daily how happy she is at Solana. The family had their reservations as well. But all of the staff have been wonderful in getting her involved in activities. The staff are always smiling and upbeat.

SWP-cypress November 09, 2014

The Solana is a beautiful facility that does not have the "nursing home" feel that some other assisted living/memory care facilities do. The rooms are lovely and the facility provides whatever services each resident might need depending on their individual needs. The staff is very caring and attentive and you feel like a part of the family there. There are many activities offered as well as outings. The Solana has been a great choice for our loved one.

tx_ November 08, 2014

I looked at dozens of assisted living facilities when it came time to move my Dad. This was the one place that stood out -- modern design, super clean, and the friendliest staff you've ever met. My father has been here for about a year now and I can tell you that I still continue to be impressed. The activities director is fantastic - she's got so much energy and my Dad loves the trips and events. The nursing director is also great -- always available and a great communicator. On the very rare occasion that there have been little hiccups, they've always been handled quickly and with respect. I never worry about the care that my Dad is getting. If you're in need of a caring home for a loved one, the Solana Vintage Park is the best of the best.

Spring Tx November 08, 2014

My Mom has to have help with every simple task since her stroke. Skilled nursing facilities are awful on this side of town and Solana staff has been able to provide a level of care well above what we had previously experienced. The provide a safe, loving environment and she is the happiest she has been post stroke at this assisted living facility. Expensive, but worth every penny.

GloHorse November 08, 2014

My mother-in-law has experienced both sides of the Solana. She started in the assisted living side (for 1 year) and then because of her diminishing memory function, we moved her the Clarebridge side. We are very happy with her continuing care. The staff is friendly, attentive, and caring. They make individual "adjustments" for her as she has some special needs. If they can't be reached immediately, they return my call within the hour. Communication is clear and open. The activities allow us to be involved socially with other residents as well. Best of all, SHE is happy. 5 stars!

spsammons November 07, 2014

My mom moved into this beautiful new facility last year. The staff is sweet and caring as well as very competent. They go out of their way to make everyone feel "at home" and cherished. One day it was raining as I was dropping my mom off under the front canopy. I got out to walk her in, but the concierge saw us and ran out to wrap her in her arms and help her in out of the windy rain. That's going the extra mile! The Solana is bright, clean and has a vibrant atmosphere. There are many activities and events. There are even monthly family nights that are fun for the entire family. I know making a decision of a move like this is difficult and we all want the best for our loved family members, and my experience with Solana has never been anything but exceptional.

Randy Fish123 November 07, 2014

My Mom was one of the first to move in after Solana opened. She loves it. It is bright, cheerful, well decorated, and is exceptional in design for senior living. The food is wonderful. The staff are all caring, considerate, and friendly. I even think the Property Manager (Chuck) knows every resident by name and who their family members are. My Mom has never had a complaint, and my wife and I are more impressed at the quality of Solana every time we visit.

Charles40 August 27, 2014

The Solana is only assisted living, but is one of the prettiest ones that I saw. They've only been open sincelast year. Whoever designed it, decorated it and put the flooring in was very, very good. The staff is very nice. They said they had 40% men there which is very unusual. There's a waiting list there now.

Diane90480950 July 30, 2014

The Solana Vintage Park is beautiful and the people were very nice. The problem was that it is very typical of most assisted living places. It is a hotel type building in the middle of a parking lot; very busy, heavy traffic. They have beautiful homes all around it, it is a wonderful area, but I knew it was not suitable for dad. It would have been fine for me, but it would not be fine for dad because he likes more outdoor space. On my visit, they were excellent. The manager was very nice. The place was well-done, very tastefully done. The interior was very pretty and it was very comfortable. I would think living there is nice and relaxing,

Caring87409850 June 26, 2014

My husband was in the Solana, and the only reason why I moved him was because of the rates. It's wonderful. I like the staff. They are very good. They just were very interested. The staff seems to be very caring, and it's just a very nice facility. What I like the most about it is that the caregivers seem to just go a little further than most. They're very caring, and they're just really very attentive to the needs of the residents. The sanitation is excellent. The food is good also. They have tablecloths in the dining area, and it is very attractive.

They have the assisted living in the front. The memory care is usually in the rear. He has dementia, but he seemed to be content, and I was very satisfied. I like the arrangement of the rooms. His room opened right up into the dining room with a hall between them. They shared rooms that each had a door for privacy, and they shared the bathroom. They also shared a little living area where we had a love seat. I visited several times, and this is the place that I would have him if I could afford it.

Caring81723050 March 27, 2014

The staff took a lot of time with us when we had our visit at Solana Vintage Park. They are very friendly and informative. The rooms are small, but they are very nice. Everything is very nice about the place. They showed us their activity room and movie room, and we saw some of the residents playing games. I just thought they needed some rooms that are for couples; they need to have rooms that are a little bit large for this type of selection.

Anonymous0254 July 10, 2013

Solana is a brand new community and it's a convenient location for me. All the people that work there are really kind and helpful. The people living there seemed to be happy. They have cards and board games, they take them out maybe once a week to Walmart or lunch, and they do exercises. They have a library and activity room. My mother complains that the service is too slow, she likes to drink a lot of coffee and they hardly get it to her before she's done. She seemed happier a week ago. They could improve on increasing the personnel for serving and helping the residents so the others can get the time and attention they need.

From The Solana at Vintage Park

The Solana at Vintage Park provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of The Solana at Vintage Park