Brookdale Spring Shadows

9889 Kempwood Dr., Houston, TX, 77080

Reviews of Brookdale Spring Shadows

June 10, 2014

By Kay26

The staff seemed OK. We were just there for a visit, so the reality will be when my mom gets there, and the day-to-day kind of thing. The room was good-sized. It seemed to be kept well. They had some group activities and things. We were there early in the morning. It was difficult to see any interaction. We chose it because it’s located between our family and my sister-in-law.

March 29, 2014

The Hampton was more multiple-level floors, apartment kind of style building. It was nice, it seemed pretty clean and I did like the location. They seemed very pleasant there, but it seemed a lot more populated and not as closely knit as I would like. The rooms were nice as well. I didn't see anything where it would be not good. The staff was good and everyone was professional. It really just didn't work for me preference-wise at that time.

November 27, 2013

The buildings of Hampton were a little older, but the grounds are well kept. The person that I dealt with was very nice. The staff seemed very caring people over there.

November 20, 2013

Hampton looks like a great place. The staff, especially Stephanie, was extremely helpful. From what I understand, they have a lot of activities. The place was very much well-kept and well maintained.

October 18, 2013

The person who showed us around Hampton Spring Shadows was very nice, so does the one apartment that was available. But it was like one of the larger ones, kind of like their Cadillac. I didn't see anything smaller. It was okay and the place was nice.

August 15, 2013

By chichi1

My mother lived at this facility for 5 plus years. She loved the place very much. Many of the workers have been there for 8-15+ years. That says alot! The workers were so good to my mother---they were like part of our family. Nice comfortable well managed facility. The food could have been better, but my mother was pretty picky.

September 13, 2012

By tsmith1406

Upon first visiting, I was impressed by the grounds and quality of the facilities. Most places in Houston are rather dirty (it being a big city and all) and so throughout my search, I have been immediately wary of any place I visited. The staff greeted me cordially and invited me to tour the grounds. Besides being clean, the furniture and other physical amenities looked up-to-date and well-kept. The staff kindly took the time to outline what sort of place Spring Shadows was and what my mother could expect if she lived here. I was impressed by their organization and seemingly quality of care. The other seniors present seemed contented and relaxed and were even friendly enough to speak with me as I was given the tour. Spring Shadows had a number of activities planned for the seniors and genuinely wanted to give the people living there a life much like they had in the outside world. The grounds were beautiful as well. Additionally, the quality of food served here was high and looked to not just be microwaved processed food out of a can. this is one of the best places I visited.

March 10, 2012

By Corialis

The facilities are all kept very clean, and the staff are quite professional. There are numerous and varied activities daily, and the food is of high quality and of balanced nutritional value. There are three separate buildings to the facility, with two being standard care and the third being for those with advanced dementia or Alzheimer's. There is specialized care for Alzheimer's at the facility, as well, which is excellent. For those who don't require that level of care, there are frequent trips out to shop or simply be out in the world, which certainly helps, as no one likes to be cooped up in the same building without recourse. The rooms are reasonably sized with most being a bit larger than a standard hotel room, and some being quite a bit larger than that.

Photos of Brookdale Spring Shadows

Services & Amenities of Brookdale Spring Shadows

About Brookdale Spring Shadows

Brookdale Spring Shadows provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Spring Shadows