Belmont Village West University

2929 W. Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX, 77025

Reviews of Belmont Village West University

Caring95266250 October 17, 2014

I visited the Belmont Village. I saw some of the smaller apartments there. I thought it was OK. It’s not brand new, but it’s very clean. The staff was nice. The residents looked happy. It was a good experience.

Caring80742850 March 30, 2014

My father is living at Belmont Village West University right now. His wife was the one who found the place and everything like that, and when I come into town, I come and visit him. I guess the room is fine for him. He doesn't seem to be negative. He seems to be happy there. Everyone there seems nice and that's about it.

Ross W. January 07, 2014

Belmont Village is our first choice. They have the basic services of assisted living. I just like everything about it – the food, the facility and the accommodation. It has the best overall package from the facilities I saw. It's a little bit expensive but we really liked them.

Southgate April 16, 2013

Our Mom lived here for 9 happy years. Very clean, nice staff, bright, not depressing with cute activities. Very expensive though, and has gotten even more so. I did not like the little extra charges, like charging $10 to bring a meal to your room. I think each resident should get a dozen trips free for times they get sick. Food choices were nice but standard food was very bland and my Mom could not seem to remember to add salt, etc Even though many have salt restrictions, other herbs like Italian or Greek flavorings should have been used instead. Overall, food was above average though, and menu varied. Overall, a nice choice for a loved one. Just beware they can't really monitor closely if your resident is eating or drinking fluids adequately. That became a problem for us, and otherwise our Mom was mobile and in good shape.

Steph1 July 11, 2012

The facility was located in a very urban location, near downtown Houston, but was easy to drive to from all over the City. It was one story and had large, well planned rooms. All the landscaping was neatly cared for and the lawns and trees made it a pleasant setting, as did the traditional brick and white wood trim. The decor was traditional, with shiny brass fixtures. The staff was friendly and warm. The residents all appeared well groomed and disciplined. The meals were well prepared and served formally, and all the residents were supervised according to a schedule for each individual. The rooms were neat and the floors were immaculate. All the workers seemed to have a wonderfully concerned attitude to our Uncle. We became quite friendly with the staff who would fill us in on our Uncle's activities on the days when we were not there. His medicines were administered on time and he was clean and neatly dressed everyday. He said that he slept well there. We wer happy that he was in such good care and that they were concerned with his well-being. The Family has searched all over the City for a well organized group to care for Uncle until he passed away. We are grateful for their attention to him.

cclark55 June 11, 2012

From the tour that we took it seemed to be a very nice place for the elderly, especially those with physical and mental limitations, to live. The staff all seemed to generally care about the patients and wanting to provide them with the best care possible. My grandma seemed particularly concerned about the meals and not having variety since she has always cooked for herself, but they have a cafateria with a menu that you order off of, which honestly shocked me because I thought that most places like this served planned meals. There are nurses that assisted everyone to the dining area at lunch time. They have many activities such as dances, live music, exercise facilities and much more. The rooms were spacious and the bathrooms have all of the safety features expected of a facility to be used by the elderly. Overall, Belmont Village seems like a wonderful place to live and my Grandma is definitely still considering it. The only caveat to this is you will definitely be paying for what you get, however it seems well worth it.

commercesd June 03, 2012

We visited the Belmont Village at West University assisted living facility while searching for a place for my brother's friend to live in the area. The outside was very nicely maintained. The grounds offered easy access for residents, where they can enjoy walking around freely and safely each day. We could see that there was also plenty of space to have cookouts, parties and picnics.

The foyer was fresh and bright with very nice decorations and furniture. Each room was beautifully decorated and furnished. The colors throughout the building were soothing and comfortable. All of the indoor rooms had plenty of fresh air and light.

The seniors can easily socialize, make crafts, play games, watch TV and films and participate in many stimulating activities. The facility can accommodate all levels of ambulation. Communal activity rooms were spacious, with comfortable furniture.

Seniors can use the exercise room and also go on daily walks. Aerobics and yoga classes are offered. The residents go on trips to visit the many Houston art galleries and museums, eat at casual and fine restaurants and enjoy the many cultural events offered.

The private rooms featured plenty of space in nicely decorated surroundings. All had a great deal of natural light and fresh air with very comfortable furniture.

The dining room was quite nice, with plenty of space. The food we saw looked and smelled delicious. The menus all had healthy food options for all kinds of diets. Healthy snacks are offered all day and into the evening, as well as whenever residents request them.

The residents here looked very content and were well cared for by kind and considerate staff in this living environment.

Charais Edwards June 01, 2012

I have found Belmont Village to be clean, well managed and generally filled with caring and competent staff. My grandmother has been there for quite a while now and over the course of the past many years, her needs have changed. When I visit, I am greeted by a friendly receptionist (although there's more than one) and friendly, responsive employees elsewhere -- from the care providers "Pals" to the Rehab/exercise team to the food service workers in the dining hall and kitchen. There was a time when my grandmother needed around the clock care after a bad fall and stay in the hospital. The various staff that came in to watch and care for my grandmother with the basics of needs did so with kindness, caring, respect, and attention to her needs. One even went so far as to mention that we get Ensure to make sure that she was getting the nutrients she needed, especially at that time when she wasn't eating or drinking that much. I live far away, states away, and can't get there very often. It pleases me to know that she's in a place where there is a quality of care, good management of the facilities, and a comfortable, safe environment for my grandmother to live out her final years.

Linda Rae May 11, 2012

Belmont - Houston, has been a very loving and attentive facility. The apartment sizes vary according to your need. The two factors that weighed the most for my choices were the food and activities. I did not want my parents to live in a facility that made meals for the masses. Belmont's "Josephine's Kitchen" reminds me of going to a cafeteria. You can order off of a menu and have what you are hungry for instead of eating a meal that is forced on you. There are specific eating times and the floor nurses, called Pals, assist to make sure everyone gets to the dining room to eat. Also, I wanted my parents to have quality activities in there lives, given their limitations. Balmont has musicians that are great, come and visit on a regular basis. There is wine and cheese one day a week. Water color classes, movie nights and exercise classes. They go out and eat once a month at a local restaurant. The nurses of the facility are fantastic. It takes someone with a real gift to work with aged people all day long. They are gentle, loving and respectful of the residents. There is also advanced dimensia care in the form of Adult Day Care and also a secured area for those in advanced stages.

Rob Stark May 03, 2012

Belmont Village looks like a fantastic place if you are in need of 24 hour care. It has wonderful ambience, everyone there seemed very happy. The daily events looked like they had a great deal of variety. The menu for lunch and dinner is served restaurant style with all food being made to order, so everything is fantastic for individuals with restricted diets. The rooms are quite large with plenty of room for all the furniture you would desire to bring. Their restrooms are similarly large with proper safety measures for the elderly who would risk falling. Staff is available to assist with personal issues of various sorts, though you will definitely be paying for it. If you are high risk, they offer services for managing those risks, such as medicine procurement and dosage. 24 hour assistance in the case of falls or for those just in need of a steady hand to prevent falls. Belmont village is clearly the best choice in the area.

JoniJo2622 November 17, 2011

My mother and father lived here for about a year. I had nothing but great experience with them and my parent too! The facilities were great and my parent were able to share a room. They had parties, dances and Game nights. The nurse were amazing. I became great friends with one of them and we remain friends still today. They have all levels of people there, from healthy elderly to almost need to be in a full blown nursing home. They have a staff there to help care for their residents but you may also have out side care come in and care for you or your family. We moved and so we decided to move my parents too, to ensure they were close, but i have yet to find a place that cared like them. They have not lived there in 3 yrs but Im sure it is just as great as when they left. When you take a tour make sure see the ENTIRE facility. You will want to see where food is made and laundry is done. This is not just here but anywhere. I know for me i just wanted to make sure that my parent were somewhere that was clean.

FamilyMan23 July 31, 2011

In my opinion this complex provides the best service I have ever experienced with any other assisted living facility. My granny stayed here for four years before deciding to move into a nursing home. While staying at Belmont Village at West University she was helped through all her daily activities and checked up on to make sure she was all right. Her apartment was beautiful, spacious, and was easily made a homey space for my granny to enjoy. The staff was exceptional and the on site around the clock nurses were even all too nice and exceeded our expectations. We no longer had to worry about our grandmother being a danger to herself and others because free scheduled transportation is provided to those who live in the facility. My granny does not have to lift a finger anymore, unless she feels like exercising and thanks to this facility, my family actually felt comfortable enough to try out a nursing home.

From Belmont Village West University

When Belmont Village West University in Houston, Texas opened its doors in November 1998, it was the realization of three years of careful planning to create a higher standard in assisted living. As our company's first facility, it became the inspiration for the successful development of sister communities throughout the United States. True to its roots, our Houston flagship celebrates the vision of our company each day and continues to be shaped by the assisted living residents who call Belmont Village home.

Now a familiar landmark along Holcombe Boulevard, Belmont Village is ideally situated in the prime West University residential area near shopping, restaurants, places of worship, and the renowned Texas Medical Center. Mature landscaping and generous grounds provide a variety of outdoor amenities including a swimming pool, putting green, gazebos, and walking paths. Inside, residents enjoy Belmont's distinctive interiors and signature programs in hospitality, dining and activities. Those with support needs benefit from one of the best-trained, most responsive staffs in assisted living.

For assisted living, we offer programs, such as the MBA club, which improve brain health, mental activities, as well as spiritual and creative pursuit, while in dementia care, we offer programs for mild cognitive impairment, as well as a secure setting for dementia support services

Features of Belmont Village West University

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Fitness Room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Book clubs
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $5,095/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 138976