Brookdale Hemet

1177 South Palm Avenue, Hemet, CA, 92543

Reviews of Brookdale Hemet

Laura113516850 September 26, 2015

I like the cottages at Brookdale Hemet. I like that they have little houses that my father lives in. The staff is very nice and helpful. They are also understanding and supportive. If I rate their food, I'd give it a 3.

Caring112350850 September 07, 2015

We have decided to keep my mother at Brookdale Hemet because she is still comfortable there. Brookdale is very nice. They take care of her. Their care has been good so far. We had a problem at the beginning, but now, they have cleared things up. They seem to be taking care of business as we speak, so we're good. I think, overall, they have gotten better. Their food could improve though. I also think the way they serve people could be improved. I just don't think they're totally organized in that aspect, but overall, the girls are trying hard. Their cottages are very nice. My mother pays more for hers because she has more than one room, but most of them are single rooms with a bed in it, and you can bring your own furniture. My mother probably has more space where she is. It looks like a small apartment, but it is cute. Activities wise, they just have some activities. What they could improve on is probably having more availability for helping people who needs to be driven to doctor's office. They only have one van, and the problem is, if it is an emergency, you're given a 24-hour time limit, and sometimes you don't have the 24 hours.

Caring111503650 August 22, 2015

Brookdale Hemet was beautiful. It was nice. The restaurant area and the cooking area were nice too. Everything was nice. Their food was very delicious. But I would say the price needs to come down a little bit. Their prices were a little higher.

Sam19 August 14, 2015

Brookdale Hemet was one of the things that was clean and didn't smell. I used to work and deliver to a lot of the houses, so I didn’t want my mom in a place where as soon as you walk in, it smells like feces. And I have delivered to some of the places; I've delivered to some of the nice places. This one was really nice, clean, people were really helpful, and the biggest thing was they have things for the people who were there. They had activities for them, and I think they need the activity thing, so I was really happy. It was very clean with nice rooms. It was a big dining room, and they had a two to four girls working there, so it was pretty good. They had an eye on everybody all the time, which I thought was good. It was just clean, the yard was clean, they had a place in the back that was fenced off for people to walk around outside, and some of the people have their dogs, which I thought was a very nice feature too.

Robert106459350 August 10, 2015

Brookdale Hemet seems the best. It is pretty clean and pretty well-maintained. They have nice people. My mom has been there for three months now. I am satisfied with them.

Denise35 June 01, 2015

Brookdale Hemet (Formerly Emeritus at Hemet) is very pleasant, clean, and organized. They moved my mother to memory care because they were a little nervous since she was wandering at the time. The activities in the unit are singing, dancing, classical and jazz music playing, and playing Name That Actor. On Fridays, they have a happy hour. The residents join them in the main office area -- which is huge -- with a TV and a small kitchen, and they'd have wine and beer. The food is pretty good. They have three meals and two snacks a day.

David109919650 April 25, 2015

Brookdale Hemet is beautiful. It is like a resort, and that's how everybody seems to describe it. It is really nice, and my mom really enjoys it there. She really likes the facility and the people who work there. She also says the food is good. There is always something going on in the afternoon, and then on Fridays they usually have some kind of a program. They have an onsite place where she gets her hair done. We visited about three places, but the first one we visited was this Brookdale, and we really liked it. I like the people that manage the place, and I haven't got any complaints about it. So far, she just fit in so well here.

Caring106787150 February 27, 2015

The rooms in Brookdale are pretty nice, and the private rooms are really spacious. The rooms where you share are a pretty good size, and they’re roomy enough. The rooms are like little apartments. The staff is helpful. They do like karaoke, they do some activities, and they do sing. They do little party gatherings for them. They are always doing something. The food looks pretty good, and they seem to be enjoying it. The dining area is really nice, and it’s big enough for a family to come and join in with their love ones. For security, you just can’t get in and out.

Jeannie3 October 30, 2013

The staff was very nice at Emeritus at Hemet. They explained to me very well. We went over the cost of the facility and they were able to show me the different rooms that they had both for assisted living and for memory care. They were pricey, but the staff was very helpful.

Caring69108750 September 19, 2013

Emeritus at Hemet is a nice quiet place. They have other levels of care but I'm particularly interested in their memory care. This facility seems to be just fine and clean. What I like best about this is that it is nice and organized. I wasn't there long enough; however, overall, basing on my one-hour visit, I would give them a high rating.

Caring0828131 September 10, 2013

I liked the way everything was setup at Emeritus at Hemet. Everybody seemed nice. The unit that we looked at gives a sense of privacy.

robinbaert August 13, 2013

Staff was very helpful and informative. I will definitely consider this facility for placement.

Ruth8 May 31, 2013

My mother had some issues with Emeritus at Hemet with regards to her diet, but we were able straightened that out that's why we are staying longer. The place itself is lovely. It looks very nice inside and out. They always keep it clean. The caregivers are very, very friendly and helpful. They always have juices, coffee, cookies, and fruits available in the cottages. It would be nice if they had a full kitchen as most Emeritus do, but this one does not. They have some issues with housekeeping but they try to resolve it as quickly as they can.

mvlcap July 27, 2012

My experience with this assisted living provider was always pleasant. The accommodation was ideal, with each person receiving their own room and only about 10-15 people per 'cottage'. There would be group activities such as crafts or exercising in the main house to encourage inter-cottage relationships. The staff was always pleasant and helpful and there was a small medical team, dentist, and beautician on site. There was also a free shuttle service for those who were able and wanting to go shopping. All food was made on-site in view of the residents of each cottage. Each meal was healthy and balanced with several options per meal. On site were also several 'lock-down' cottages to house those with dementia. Despite not being let outside unsupervised, these cottages worked just like the rest with no difference in care or aptitude of the staff. Staff was always around to help and answer questions for both family members and residents.

janal May 23, 2012

This facility seems so down and the ambiance looks so depressing to me. The place was good though but for my dad's situation, we want him to get involved into a lot of activities. So he needs to be in a place where everything should be a little upbeat.

From Brookdale Hemet

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Hemet

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Hospice care

• Housing extra: Cottages

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Licenses: License #336426431
  • State License(s): 336426477

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Hemet