Brookdale Greenville | Greenville, SC

1306 Pelham Road, Greenville, SC, 29615

Reviews of Brookdale Greenville | Greenville, SC

Caring111170750 July 13, 2015

I visited Brookdale Greenville (Formerly Emeritus at Greenville). It was very nice and clean, and it seems like the people were well cared for. We just looked at the facilities and looked around. My overall experience was good. The staff was very nice and personable.

Caring110634150 July 04, 2015

They had skilled nursing at the Brookdale Greenville because hospice had told us my mother needed more care than assisted living, but they also wouldn't accept her because they said she needed 24 hours a day care, and they could not provide that. The rooms were very nice and clean, and the people were friendly.

Nancy105629950 June 16, 2015

Brookdale Greenville was very good. Management was very good. She was very friendly, and I very much like her because she was most helpful. The apartments were nice, but nothing special. I like the management more than I did the apartments. I'm not sure about all activities they have, but I know they have gone to ballgames, and they just go out to have activities. I didn't have any food, but the dining room was nice.

Caring106500150 May 17, 2015

My mother was at Brookdale Greenville before. The buildings were old and outdated, and the food -- half the time -- was served cold. The food wasn't very good, and it wasn't very attractively presented to the residents. It really needs updating. Their activities were rather sporadic. They did have some singing and other interactive things. The staff tried very hard, but I don't think they had the infrastructure in which to work with. I think they need to improve supervision of the staff and the condition of the facility, basically, for the memory care unit.

We are sorry to hear your experience at Brookdale Greenville did not meet you and your mother's expectations. Please be assured we are committed to continuous quality service and care and will share your feedback with our management team to better serve our residents and their families in the future.

Caring104538650 March 31, 2015

Emeritus at Greenville has nice facilities. It has a patio area that was very nice. It also has nice recreational and dining room areas. It has a library as well. They have a fair amount of opportunities as well for the resident. They show movies and they have people coming in the facility.

mommaboy March 06, 2015

This community has the BEST Memory Care I have ever experienced ! Manager is so very involved and activities program is fantastic. Apartments are all private and plenty of room ,great back yard area and tons of food selections for my mom . I visit almost every day and have learned so much about Alzheimers and care from Michael in his classes. Was not an easy decision placing my mom there but GLAD I did. I finally can rest at night and have great visits with my mom .

Laura48 December 22, 2014

I looked at Emeritus at Greenville. It was a very nice facility. I didn't get any bad impression or bad vibe, but I just did not feel like it was a fit for my mom. The staff seemed very nice. The administrator that we met with seemed very personable and very nice. The facility was very clean.

Miriam8 September 30, 2014

The rooms at Emeritus Greenville are not very large, but they are nice. It is like a hotel setting, so it is very nice. The staff is very caring and very friendly. The food smelled wonderful when I walked in, and usually you don't notice that, but with the seasoning and the stuff that they use, the food smells really, really wonderful. My mother is in the locked unit because she couldn't be out, but they have an excellent woman who is leading the activities. She reads to them, plays memory games with them, and then they reminisce about the old days. One of the nice things is they have, like some of the women were telephone operators, they have one of those machines there so they can see it and remember what they did in their younger days. They have a sewing machine, and they have a formal, so that the women can remember the formal parties and things that they went to. And, they allowed my mother to have her cat in this place.

caring78033450 January 28, 2014

Emeritus was larger and a little bit more institutional but it was very nice. They did have a two-bedroom which was what I was looking for. The room sizes configuration were sort of strange but they were neat and well kept. They had three floors of apartment so I looked at several of them. I liked the dining room, it was large and very sunny. It was continuous with the living room and the library, so it gave a feeling of real, open spaciousness. The food smelled wonderful but I didn’t taste it. I heard a lot of good comments from the residents.

Caring74227350 November 28, 2013

Emeritus was fair but it was not on my top four. They had nurses on staff. They had doctors that do service in the facility. They were in a commuting distance from me. The price was all about the same.

Frank7 April 30, 2013

I was very impressed with Emeritus. They're outstanding. They have a big living room, they have entertainment every day, and they have games. The food is outstanding. They're doing a great job. But I don't want to go to any facility yet until I absolutely have to.

Caring363911 July 28, 2011

Emeritus took care of my mother for several months. The food was great, the facility was clean, the employees were sweet and caring to my mother. The ONLY negative I have is that they have extracurricular activities but they don't follow up with their patients to try and get them involved in them. My mother had a stroke or an event which left her without complete use of her thought processes. They came and got her to do her physical therapy once or maybe twice a day. That's it. The rest of her day was spent sitting in her room, laying in her bed or occasionally crocheting. Since most of the people in these types of facilities are not able to clearly plan their days - there should be caseworkers to assist them with this - at least until they partially recover and can think and make plans for themselves.

From Brookdale Greenville

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Location of Brookdale Greenville