Brookdale Cleveland Park

12 Boyce Ave., Greenville, SC, 29601

Reviews of Brookdale Cleveland Park

John104080750 April 17, 2015

My mother is in Brookdale Senior Living. I think the staff has been good. The food is very good. They have lots of activities scheduled. The facility is nice. I am very pleased with the safety and the security, the food, and the medical staff. Unfortunately, my mom is in a situation with her dementia where she is not able to take very good advantage of a lot of the social things, but we are trying to work on that. However, it has been a pretty good experience so far.

We have no issues with the facility. She is in a studio apartment. It is very well done and adequate for her needs. They take the residents out for shopping and for dinner. Then they have dancing, Zumba, bingo, and church. They have something every day. However, that place needs to work on their communication with people like me that have their loved ones in there. They are a little slack in that area. My mom has been there for a couple of months, and I will recommend them to others.

Celia4 February 23, 2015

Mom has been at Homewood for two and a half years. It had been recommended by one of her doctors. She has a nice and big private room right now. It has a private bath, a room, and a little refrigerator.

We’ve had quite a turnover over there; that’s one of the issues that we have right now. She says that the food is fairly good. The common dining room is nice. They have their own little group tables that they sit at.

They do have many activities. They do their bingo. They have outside people coming in. They have little church groups. The staff is helpful. What stood out for us was the much homier atmosphere there.

Caring101210550 February 09, 2015

I went to one facility close to my office. I was going to let my mother stay there at Homewood at Cleveland Park, but for some reason, she couldn't stay there because of something with her health. If you have some condition or you are unable to stand up by yourself or something like that, you can't stay there. She didn't fit their qualifications. The people that assisted me during my visit were nice. I didn't see their rooms, but I think they showed me the dining area. I wasn't there very long.

Caring97915250 September 23, 2014

What I liked the most at Homewood at Cleveland Park was that it felt more homey and more comfortable. They had a lot of really nice staff there. They looked like they were ready to help any second. The rooms I visited were staged to looked like someone lived there and they were really nice looking. It seemed liked they kept everything very clean and comfortable looking. They had an occupational and physical therapy, which I thought was great because my mother had a stroke, so it would be very beneficial for her and since Medicare would pay for it, she would be able to do that in the same place.

They had an activity room where they would sometimes watch movies and play games. She hadn't played any games lately, I knew she liked movies part. I would recommend them and I thought they would be better for a variety of age.

Nancy82829350 April 11, 2014

I liked Homewood, but I just didn’t feel my brother would fit in there. It’s really a nice and clean community. They’ve got plenty of activities there, and they take them to places. The staff is nice, and the residents seemed happy. The rooms were real nice.

caring78033450 January 28, 2014

Homewood was clean and had an upscale look to it. It looked very welcoming, bright and cheery. It was well maintained. I was impressed with the staff who was very professional and very positive. They had very nice arrangements for what I was looking for and although it wasn’t enough, it was fine for a small place.

Caring74227350 November 27, 2013

I had a very favorable impression on Homewood and when it's time to make a selection, that's the one that I seriously consider. My only concern about that one was that it was so large. I was just afraid it might be too intimidating for mom and she might have trouble finding her way back to her room. It had three floors. The room was very nice and suitable. The location was good and the prices were reasonable. The staff was accommodating. I liked it but I was not sure it was the best place for mom because of the size.

Kelllie May 29, 2013

Homewood Residence at Cleveland Park is very convenient. The place is very clean, and my dad refers to it as a very nice, high-end hotel. They have very large rooms with beautiful view, and an in-house therapy. The staff is extremely nice. If there are little things that came up, they call me. I am in and out of there several times a day every day and they all know me. They have three full-time nurses and each floor has a nurse's station. It is just a very loving community and we are very pleased. The only thing my father complains about is the food.

concernedd May 20, 2013

The staff spends all their time socializing. You can never find them when you need them... which means the residents can never find them when they need them. Forget to order medicine, doubt they remember to give medicine. The staff is so unhelpful it's ridiculous. Resident has found them hanging out in their room.

jhnstnwll October 30, 2012

My grandfather lives here, and he says he can't complain. They have a lot of activities to keep residents busy, and there is always something to do. He couldnt find many faults with it, and thats good enough for me.

From Brookdale Cleveland Park

Brookdale Cleveland Park provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Location of Brookdale Cleveland Park