Commonwealth Senior Living at Gloucester House

7657 Meredith Drive, Gloucester Courthouse, VA, 23061

Reviews of Commonwealth Senior Living at Gloucester House

January 12, 2015

By Judy Rice Mitchell

This is a long overdue letter of thanks to Gloucester House for the care of my mother. I truly believe we could not have found a better place for her to finish out her years on earth than in the Sweet Memories Unit at GH. Hindsight is 20/20 and we can see how it all fell into place. We (my sister and I) feel we were "lead" to GH. It all started back in 2003. My husband and I purchased a home in Hayes. We physically moved in 2004. At the time, my mother and sister shared a residence in northern Virginia. As we got out into the community of Gloucester, people would inquire as to why we chose Gloucester as our retirement home. I always answered, "I don't know. It just happened." A friend of mine told me that there had to be a reason so I started looking for the reason. It took several years before I realized why we were here. In 2009 my sister became engaged and married. It was her first marriage at the age of 66! She called me and asked if I could find a home for mother who had been diagnosed w/Alzheimer's for years and was 96 years old. I did not know where to turn. I picked up a copy of Senior Living and found that GH offered care for Alzheimer patients. We came to GH and we were totally impressed w/the facility. GH was like a home, not an institution. There were no elevators to deal with. The staff speaks English which was not true in northern Virginia. We met you and we were so impressed. It was such an easy transition from mother's previous living arrangement to GH. My mother was very happy at GH and we enjoyed visiting her there. Her happiness and comfort meant everything to us. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

October 31, 2014

By Robin37

The people of Gloucester House were really helpful. We had a lot of difficulties and we were getting worried that we would not be able to get my dad into Gloucester House because they can’t take him in without all this paperwork. They worked with the doctor to get the paperwork all done and took that load off of my shoulders, which was really helpful. As far as the cost of being in assisted living, it is quite high, and they worked with us on this and how to make it more manageable. He has a room with a walk-in closet, a refrigerator, and a private bathroom, and then we put all his own furniture in there except for the hospital bed that he is using. I haven’t tried the food; it looks really good, but my father hates the food, and I think it is because it is more of healthy food and he likes to eat a lot of junky stuff. They play Bingo, they have movies and manicure day, they play cards and board games, and once a week they offer trips to Walmart or out to lunch at a local restaurant. They do a lot. They have church services, people coming in and sing, and people come in with dogs.

May 30, 2014

By Neal4

We are good at Gloucester House for my mom. They are clean and organized. I like the staff. They are very good, cheerful, and very energetic. They really care about their patients. I have eaten there and the food is pretty good.

August 10, 2013

By Caring 4202

When I first took my mother at Gloucester House, we were happy with it because it didn't smell bad and it was clean. Everybody that was there seemed to be very enthusiastic about their work and seemed to be happy. But since my mother was there, the staff had changed quite a few times and that was kind of upsetting to me. We were really concerned about why things were changing around so much, but things seemed to have stable. The facility is very expensive. She got a private room and it's very nice.

March 10, 2013

By Weber Ski

My mother ( 88 ), has been there for 1 month and likes it. She is in the Assisted Living side. She is lucky enough to be mobile and able to move around without help. She said the food is very good with many choices. The staff is friendly and helpful. The facility appears clean and not crowded. I will post more as her stay progresses.

Photos of Commonwealth Senior Living at Gloucester House

Services & Amenities of Commonwealth Senior Living at Gloucester House

• Minimum Memory Cost: $4200/month

About Commonwealth Senior Living at Gloucester House

Welcome to Commonwealth Senior Living at Gloucester House, a premier senior living community located near historic downtown Gloucester managed by Commonwealth Assisted Living. A tight-knit community with family-like atmosphere, Commonwealth Senior Living at Gloucester House has easy access to healthcare facilities, shopping, dining and more. We provide comprehensive services for residents that ensures they maintain a quality lifestyle. Among the most distinctive features is our signature Sweet Memories program, which received a best practice award from the Virginia Assisted Living Association. It's specifically designed for those residents who experience memory loss, Alzheimer's or dementia. We also recently added new suites to this community.

Commonwealth Senior Living at Gloucester House boasts a variety of amenities, including nutritious dining, housekeeping, linen services, therapy sessions and transportation arrangements. For our active residents, our full-time activities director coordinates daily activities, trips and social programs. Residents enjoy suites and companion rooms with private baths. Deluxe private suites are available as well. With no entrance fees, enjoying life at Commonwealth Senior Living at Gloucester House is an affordable option. We believe in personal and dignified care which is why team members are on-site 24 hours a day and we develop an individualized care plan for each resident. We understand that everyone has unique needs and we tailor services to our residents, such as medication management.

The attentive and experienced caregivers provide compassionate care to residents who have all the comforts of home and maintenance-free living surrounded by friends and neighbors! Our residents quickly become like family. With a variety of living options, you'll be sure to feel right at home. Explore Commonwealth Senior Living at Gloucester House further and schedule a tour today.

Map of Commonwealth Senior Living at Gloucester House