Glencroft Senior Living

8611 North 67Th Avenue, Glendale, AZ, 85302

Reviews of Glencroft Senior Living

Charlie22 August 29, 2015

They did a bait and switch so to speak with my mom. They quoted us $40,000 but two days later, after getting my mom excited to move there, they came back and said they raised the price the day after we said we wanted the unit, and now the price is $75,000. Just be cautious if you are given a price.

Linda110566450 July 07, 2015

Glencroft also has memory care, but there was a big waiting list to get into their memory care. Now, this was a few months ago that I went and looked at Glencroft, and I loved the place. But, again, my mom was terrified of meeting new people; she just didn't feel comfortable, and she is to the point where she needs to stay in her home with somebody because her home is her security unit now. She needs to either stay there with somebody coming in, or she will probably have to go to memory care. And like I said, there is a waiting list for the memory care at Glencroft.

The amenities were very nice. Their lunchroom was nice, and they had a post office, a bank, and a Church on the property. They had independent living, assisted living, and memory care facilities, and they had even a little grocery store right on the property. The beauty of Glencroft was that it is only about three miles from me. I could have moved in there too. It was like moving into a two-bedroom apartment, so it was very nice. But like I said, she is beyond assisted living.

Joan102991150 March 08, 2015

The apartments looked really nice. I really liked them. They had a little grocery store and a very nice-looking dining room, and I thought mom could do a lot of socializing. From what I have seen when I went in there to visit my former husband, they seemed to be very caring and very patient. Our daughters told me that they were very pleased with his care. The area I did look at and really liked at Glencroft were the one-bedroom apartments, and they had three-storey apartments that were taller and nicer, but what I liked about it was you can have breakfast, lunch, and dinner or you can just have breakfast and make your own meals, you could have as much housecleaning as you wanted, and laundry if you want it.

Leslie38 February 19, 2015

Glencroft was given to me by a lady from an online listing. I liked the one staff member that showed us around. She showed us the apartment and the facility. The room is very nice and spacious. The one we were looking for my sister is for independent living. I would like to have seen more socialization. The facility is spread out, and a lot of it is outdoors versus indoors. I didn't get to see a lot of places where they could have their activities and socialize with the other members. It was very nice though, and I liked it.

Caring87841750 June 27, 2014

Glencroft Assisted Living is a nice facility. My mom lived in this facility. You can go right into assisted living, and their setup is not private, so you can go in and get a state benefit if you ran out of money. She liked the people, but I just don’t think she was active.

azdaughter21 June 20, 2014

I visited Glencroft a few months back. It is an older community with defintely an older feel. The apartments are small. The people there did not seem very happy and I just did not feel my mom would like it.

Linda9 June 06, 2012

I had a quick visit in Glencroft and I find the place smaller compared to the others I toured but it's nice and very clean. The bathroom is designed in a way that it's not easy for my mom to move around. The people are very nice. My mom needs a place where everything is easy and readily available for her and I didn't feel that Glencroft was the best place for her given her condition.

Friendly atmosphere April 28, 2012

Glencraft is the very best at what they can help with, and that is caring for your family member as though they were part of their own family. It is a privately owned facility and every service they provide is the epitome of personal. The administrators are extremely careful to select staff who not only care for each resident with great love and compassion, but also care for the family and friends of the residents as though an extension of your family. Each staff member displays an obvious passion for what they do. This small home environment was given to us as a gift from God. My friend was only with them for about two months before she passed, and these extraordinary people fell in love with a woman who was already in advanced stages of dementia and had very little capacity to express her own gratitude for the much needed love and care she received. Even when my friend passed these people grieved as though she was their own family whom they had lost. Dementia is such a cruel condition and Glencroft and its Staff offset that cruelty with compassion and love that made it all better; you know, like mommy kissing the hurt so it would go away. They count it a privilege that you would trust them with the one you love. I could go on and on, but just visit them; you'll see what I'm referring to. Oh, and the cost is the best you will find anywhere! This is wholly sincere, and without exaggeration. Take a tour, you won't be disappointed. Thank you again Glencroft!

Nonslid June 23, 2011

This is a great facility in that is is totally self contained. There is a care center, an assisted living apts and independent living. There is a warm and welcoming atmosphere throughout. The staff is friendly and open with everyone. They greet residents by name and seem to know family & visitors when they approach them. There is a branch bank on the grounds plus a convenience grocery store. A resident need not leave the property if they wish not to. there is also a coffee shop where several residents were sitting about visiting with each other and reading the paper, they greeted other residents as they entered the shop, they are hobby & craft shops also - a quilting studio, library, barber shop, beauty shop, church services for all denominators regardless of what religion a person is, there is also an exercise program which is voluntary and people there were very friendly and accepting of all who joined in whether they could do the excercises or not ( I saw one resident assisting another resident who had balance problems with the excercise) there is also rehabilitation services to help residents with balance and strength and the staff was very patient and kind with all the residents. I felt very comfortable at this facility.

S.Sherrill June 10, 2011

Glencroft is a well-established retirement community, with all levels of care. They have upgraded and remodeled many of their buildings, and the grounds are filled with beautiful rose bushes and mature trees. They have a quilting room, as well as planned activities, and residents are always out and about. The staff is very friendly, and the food is fantastic. It's not fancy, but it does feel like home.

From Glencroft Senior Living

Glencroft has it all!

Glencroft Senior Living is the largest continuing care retirement community (CCRC) in the state of Arizona. With a history of more than 45 years in service, we offer our residents a seamless transition within our 40-acre community. The staff at Glencroft walks side-by-side with our residents through the aging process. As changes in health needs arise we are there to support and implement the necessary care and services to promote the greatest level of independence.

Single Location Community

As a single-location community with only one off-site building, we are able to provide a great benefit to our residents - their voices are heard as we evaluate improvements to the place they have chosen to call “home.” Other organizations in our industry with multiple locations often make decisions at a corporate level that might not meet the unique needs of each location and they may not even take into consideration resident input. Decisions for Glencroft are made to meet the needs of our residents at our Phoenix area property.

Not-for-Profit Organization

As a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization, our organization benefits from a tax exempt status which in turn benefits our residents. For profit organization pay real estate taxes and sales taxes that ultimately are recouped in monthly fees. Glencroft is exempt and therefore our residents are exempt from these expenses. Over time, the savings to our residents can be quite significant especially with the concern many seniors have of outliving their money. As a not-for-profit, we traditionally have a higher caregiver to resident ratio than most profit structured organization in our industry. This means lower turnover in staff and greater attention to resident care and needs.

Faith-Based Heritage

Glencroft is open to individuals of all faiths. However, as a community built on a foundation of Christian principles and a servant-minded heart, many of our employees feel called to serve our residents and many of our residents were drawn to live at Glencroft because of our faith-based heritage. Glencroft is a warm and embracing community that provides a sense of belonging to employees, residents, family members and guests alike.

Living Options

• Independent Living
  • Assisted Living
  • Skilled Nursing & Rehab

Our mission is to provide a broad continuum of high quality senior services in a manner that demonstrates Christian love and compassion. Our vision is to create an environment that inspires seniors to experience enriched and fulfilling lives. By embracing compassion, integrity, excellence, innovation and collaboration as our core values, we are able to succeed and soar in our ministry.

Features of Glencroft Senior Living

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Minimum age: 62

• Monthly rent is all inclusive

• State License(s): AL1205C