The Solana at Germantown

8199 Poplar Avenue, Germantown, TN, 38138

Reviews of The Solana at Germantown

Anonymous104737150 April 07, 2015

I am very happy with absolutely everything here at The Solana at Germantown except with the price. They do not watch their expenses, they do not watch their cost, and they are having a six percent price increase this year. I do not like that at all. I think that indicates that the cost is out of control. There are others that are much cheaper, and I am going to move because of that.

The people are great. They do an excellent job. I am very pleased with everybody here that serves me. I think the rooms and apartments are fine. The food is excellent, and they have a good variety of food. I do not really participate in the activities, but they have lots of it like movies, musical groups, and bingo.

We are pleased to hear your compliments about our staff! We try to keep the annual increases at a minimum, because we realize our residents are on fixed incomes. Unfortunately the cost of doing business increases every year, which is standard in our industry, but it helps us to continue providing the same quality of service to our residents and families.

Dough1 June 27, 2014

The one that we really liked the most was Solana; that's why we moved in here. It is new, very clean, very neat, and the people are super. The staff is very helpful. They introduced us to their activities. Their dining room is very nice, and their food is very good. The rooms are a little small, but the rest of it makes up for it.

Here, if your mate develops Alzheimer's or dementia, they will take care of it right here. There are about 150 apartments in the independent and assisted living, and there are about 40 in the memory care.

Scott from TN June 26, 2014

Solana is a very nice facility. They have a wine bar, a pool, a spa, and exercise rooms in the independent living part. They have a lot of amenities there. We're just concerned that for my mom, she'd probably would not be making it in independent living for very long. She really needs to go to the assisted care section. Medication management is the main thing that we're requiring.

caringD1 May 12, 2014

The facility is very clean and well kept. There are a lot of amenities on the grounds; some of which my Mother would not par take in (the indoor pool).They only had a small unit available (350 square feet) small no separate bedroom; 1 large area and a bath that has a walk in shower with no seat in the shower. Other assisted living facilities had a fold down seat in the shower.This facility is a bit pricey.

Lin2 March 28, 2014

I moved both my parents into The Solana. I thought it was just absolutely fabulous. When I first went in there, I thought, "Oh my gosh, this looks like a cruise ship." I have never seen anything like it. The care is assisted living and assisted living and memory care. There are pianos everywhere. They would call my dad a lot when somebody didn't show up or something and he would play the piano. He loves it. My mom is in memory care and then my dad is in the assisted living part. They're not in the same apartment, but he is with her for hours every single day. All the apartments are nice. They have a lot of different apartments depending on how much room you need and how much you want to spend. Down in the memory care, the apartments are not large. The bathroom is really wide, wide enough for wheelchairs. It has a huge shower so that they could just stand there and bathe the residents. My mom's room has a single bed with a nightstand and a lift chair. She has a regular size dresser and a television. There is a huge floor-to-ceiling window, which is really nice because you can open the wooden blind and just let the natural light come through. My dad's room has a kitchenette but no stove. He has a microwave in there. It is very nice. He has a living room area, which is plenty for him, and a great bathroom. In his bedroom, he has a double bed, a computer desk, a highboy, and two closets. So there's ample room in there.

I get along great with the working staff. I think they're great. They just have a gift and love for it. They're just wonderful. If there are any problems, you can go to the nurse or to the director in that area with your issues and it gets corrected. We have a really hard time with my mom trying to get up and go to the bathroom by herself, and she would fall and hit her head every time. So they got a toileting schedule for every four hours. They didn't come in and ask her if she needed to go to the bathroom, they just took her. The food there is outstanding. They do not allow any canned foods. Everything is cooked fresh and purchased fresh. They have a two-page menu everyday. They'll come out and try to give them what they want. They have a lot of sugar-free desserts. They don't put much salt in their food. They have lots of fresh fruits, lots of fish, and chicken. There's always a hamburger or cheeseburger available if that's what you want.

Terry22 March 27, 2014

We had a positive visit at The Solana. I thought it was very nice and clean. The staff was very good. It had a nice mix of facilities and activities, which I thought was very good. However, it had a hotel kind of feel to it, and that kind of turned my father off.

Richard45 January 30, 2014

We visited several facilities and we've selected The Solana at Germantown for our parents. Overall, the facility is very nice and it's just new. They have excellent staff. Their food is great and they do offer different types of activities.

Caring69056950 October 28, 2013

Everything was nice at The Solana. The staff there was very nice and caring. I think that everybody was super there. However, we did not like their apartments. They were like 1200 to 1300 square feet. Their apartments were not big enough for my parents. They were not ready to live in that small place. Another thing we didn't like was that there was no skilled nursing care available there.

From The Solana at Germantown

The Solana at Germantown provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Brookdale Living's Germantown, TN community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional independent and assisted living services, amenities, and opportunities we offer. And, the residents at The Solana at Germantown can rest assured that as their needs change, we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimum Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of the residents of this independent and assisted living community, their families, and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features, and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life®, the mission of The Solana at Germantown is to encourage our independent and assisted living residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar at Brookdale Living's Germantown, TN community with themed experiences, special events, and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Features of The Solana at Germantown