Carillon Assisted Living of Fuquay-Varina

Overview of Ratings

3.4

July 21, 2014

By Linda A.

My mother died here. The four months she resided at Carillon, in the memory care unit, were a pure nightmare, with underpaid and unsupervised caretakers. Don't let the cheap new furniture and fake flower arrangements fool you-they don't even have handicap access sinks in the rooms. My mother could not even wash her hands, let alone brush her teeth. When my mother was in horrible pain,the med tech refused to administer the morphine Hospice prescribed because she hadn't eaten and "it might upset her stomach". She had no clue that morphine was absorbed under the tongue-and even after this was explained, refused to administer the meds. We routinely witnessed residents being scolded and neglected by disgruntled staff. According to the incompetent management, they didn't have enough staff to adequately care for the residents, yet the caretakers were usually huddled together discussing anything but what they should have been focused on. Also, a very racist culture where management referred to caretakers as "colored". A husband of one of the residents threatened the black caretakers with a gun, because his wife wasn't to have a black person in the room alone with her as a condition of her being there. When my sister reported it to management, they laughed it off as an innocent rant, ignoring the discomfort of the staff to whom these threats were addressed. This place embodies a business model designed to create as much wealth for the owners as possible, with no visible passion for the care and well being of the residents. The owners didn't even respond to the letters we wrote describing what was going on. What a despicable farce. So sad we moved our mother there to die.

June 14, 2013

By Junreil

I took a tour at Carillon Assisted Living of Fuquay-Varina. I think I just had the basic information of the facility. The place is pretty new so everything is really up-to-date and very clean. It seemed to have a good atmosphere. The residents seemed very happy.

Let Us Search For You

Save Money

Care

Save Stress

About Carillon Assisted Living of Fuquay-Varina

Carillon Assisted Living of Fuquay-Varina is an assisted living facility in Fuquay Varina, NC that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Carillon Assisted Living of Fuquay-Varina for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Carillon Assisted Living of Fuquay-Varina