Carillon Assisted Living of Fuquay-Varina

6516 Johnson Pond Road, Fuquay Varina, NC, 27526

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Carillon Assisted Living of Fuquay-Varina

July 31, 2014

My parents have both lived in Carillon Assisted Living since July 1st. It is a beautiful and clean facility. When you walk in, it feels like home and it didn't feel like a facility at all. Everything is on one level so there are no elevators or anything. It has a great atmosphere -- conducive to just enjoying life and meeting people. Their dining room has a chandelier, tablecloths on the tables, napkins, silverware, and fresh flowers. The food is very good. They also have a big dining room that you can reserve for a get-together. The have multiple little vans where you can visit with friends and family or with the residents. The even have one van with a fireplace. So, in the wintertime, if want to sit by the fire and read, you can. Mom and dad have 4 closets in their suite. When you go in their room, there is a clothing closet to your left; to your right, there is a counter with a little refrigerator, microwave and two closets, too. When you go to the right, there is the den and to the left, the bedroom and another closet in the room. They have a nice big bathroom with a walk-in shower with a bench. You can go into the bathroom either through the bedroom or through the den. They say, "Not to think of your studio or you room as your home, but think of the whole place as your home." They coordinate with their doctor appointments. The activities just seem limitless. They take them fishing and for ice cream. They have a spa and a pool if they want to participate in a little in-home exercise. They go to devotion at 10 o'clock for about 15 minutes and then do some chair exercises. The staff and workers -- called team members -- have been super positive, friendly, and helpful. They will do anything to help you and they are as wonderful as they can be to the residents. They make mommy and daddy feel very welcome. My dad had a stroke back in March and I like that they have an alarm for him to wear. I tell him, "Daddy, if you feel those things coming over you again, you just press that button." It will let them know where he is in the facility so they can come right away. I spoke to a resident who has been there for two years when I visited my parents last Wednesday and she says she hasn't had a single complaint. She cannot think of a better or nicer place to stay. The facility will also host a reception for my mom and dad on July 24th so their friends can come visit them and see where they live. All we have to do is give them the list of names, addresses and phone numbers. They took care of the invitations. My parents are having a ball and my mom says it's like they are on vacation. It is awesome. We just feel like this is the answer to our prayers.

July 21, 2014

By Linda A.

My mother died here. The four months she resided at Carillon, in the memory care unit, were a pure nightmare, with underpaid and unsupervised caretakers. Don't let the cheap new furniture and fake flower arrangements fool you-they don't even have handicap access sinks in the rooms. My mother could not even wash her hands, let alone brush her teeth. When my mother was in horrible pain,the med tech refused to administer the morphine Hospice prescribed because she hadn't eaten and "it might upset her stomach". She had no clue that morphine was absorbed under the tongue-and even after this was explained, refused to administer the meds. We routinely witnessed residents being scolded and neglected by disgruntled staff. According to the incompetent management, they didn't have enough staff to adequately care for the residents, yet the caretakers were usually huddled together discussing anything but what they should have been focused on. Also, a very racist culture where management referred to caretakers as "colored". A husband of one of the residents threatened the black caretakers with a gun, because his wife wasn't to have a black person in the room alone with her as a condition of her being there. When my sister reported it to management, they laughed it off as an innocent rant, ignoring the discomfort of the staff to whom these threats were addressed. This place embodies a business model designed to create as much wealth for the owners as possible, with no visible passion for the care and well being of the residents. The owners didn't even respond to the letters we wrote describing what was going on. What a despicable farce. So sad we moved our mother there to die.

June 14, 2013

By Junreil

I took a tour at Carillon Assisted Living of Fuquay-Varina. I think I just had the basic information of the facility. The place is pretty new so everything is really up-to-date and very clean. It seemed to have a good atmosphere. The residents seemed very happy.

About Carillon Assisted Living of Fuquay-Varina

Carillon Assisted Living of Fuquay-Varina is an assisted living facility in Fuquay Varina, NC that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Carillon Assisted Living of Fuquay-Varina for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Carillon Assisted Living of Fuquay-Varina