Fremont Hills

35490 Mission Blvd., Fremont, CA, 94536

Reviews of Fremont Hills

July 10, 2016

By Clarence246154

The people at Fremont Hills are so friendly and nice. It's in a pretty nice and kind of quiet location. The rooms have good views of the hills and trees. The people are happy all the time; it makes you feel good when you're having a problem. It's a good experience. They have a menu with options like cheeseburgers, hamburgers, and sandwiches, which you can get an ytime day or night. They have a regular menu for breakfast, lunch, and dinner where they get a pretty good variety to choose from. The food is real great. We go shopping and have bingo, an exercise room, and a lot of things going on to keep the people busy. They could have a little more help because there's a lot of work for only a few girls. Other than that, it's a terrific place and set up well.

February 29, 2016

By Daniel M

Fremont Hills is a reasonably good facility. I like the fact that there is a doctor who comes regularly to the facility so my dad would not need to go out of the facility to see his doctor. I also like that they will are willing to take care of reordering the materials for Dad’s medications. I am leaning towards this facility because they are willing to deal with everything that would come up on a day-to-day basis with my dad.

December 30, 2015

By DH4

Fremont Hills is very nice. However, it is multi-leveled, which I did not like, and it's very expensive. The rooms were not as big as the other ones we've seen. I did not find the salesperson as warm and as informational as I expected. It is a large community, so I did not feel like it had a cozy nor intimate atmosphere.

May 13, 2015

We visited Fremont Hills last week. It is good, and I like it, but my brother is resistant to do anything. The rooms looked nice, and they have a choice because they have five tiers, and you can get the service that you needed. Not everyone is on the same tier. The Alzheimer's patients were kind of separated. He is not an Alzheimer's patient, so to me that is OK and good. They were very nice and explained everything. The grounds are not very big, but we did found out later that there was a courtyard in the middle that we did see at the end, so the place is built around a courtyard. They were starting to show a movie in the middle of the afternoon, and they said they have gone to baseball games too. I didn't meet the nursing staff, but they said they have somebody there all the time. There is a mall area within driving distance, and they have a van which they use to go there on a regular basis. They also have transportation to go to doctor's offices. I didn't have any negative feelings about the place at all.

January 13, 2015

By Gerry7

We found Fremont Hills to be a very friendly, very nice facility, and we were most impressed with it. It was a very nice facility as far as the general ambience of the rooms, the dining room, and the area. However, what we were most impressed with was how personable the staff was. They had a very family type personality, and that was very nice. For the tour, they created a very good impression. Their rooms were spacious, and the bathrooms were all very nice and well appointed.

December 11, 2014

By sspaulson

My mom has been a resident at Fremont Hills since July 2011; unfortunately she passed away this week. I wanted to express my entire family's appreciation for the care and genuine concern that we received throughout the 3 1/2 years she lived there. From the Director Joan, to Rhoda, Izzy and Blyth, from the med techs to the care partners, everyone treated my mom and my family with love and respect. She was really happy there, and we know we made the right choice for her. When she first was a resident there at age 87, she joyfully participated in all of the activities offered by Fremont Hills. She looked forward to the Wednesday outings, the bingo and the exercise classes. She made friends with the other residents and appreciated the housekeeping services and other amenities. As she became less independent, our family appreciated the ability to increase the level of care that she needed, while allowing her to stay as independent as she could be in her own apartment. I liked that home health came to Fremont Hills to check in on her, which made her medical management that much more convenient and safe. I appreciated that the med techs called me regularly, keeping me informed about any changes in medication or any changes in her weight (she had Congestive Heart Failure and needed frequent monitoring of her weight and medications). Fremont Hills is a lovely, home type environment that we have been extremely happy with. We had had looked at other facilities, but found that this one had the caring staff and the well maintained and clean environment that made my mom happy to call this her home. It is never easy to leave your beloved mom with others, but I was very confident with mom being at Fremont Hills. Fremont Hills is a small facility, so all of the staff knew her. I highly recommend Fremont Hills if you are considering a new home for your loved one. God Bless them for the care they showed my mom--our family will always be grateful for this wonderful little facility.

September 23, 2014

Fremont Hills is a home-like, spacious, and caring environment. The meals are delicious, and the staff is very accommodating. They have arts and crafts, games, social activities outside the premises, and holiday sharing. The cost of staying here and the choices of activities needs some improvement.

July 25, 2013

By Al5

The place was very clean. The staff is very professional. It's something that I would definitely consider if we are going to put him in the East Bay.

July 27, 2012

We visited the place together with my husband for our son. Each employee gives so much of themselves and more to make each resident feel special and loved. If you find yourself or a loved one, needing rehabilitation or long term care, we suggest you take the time to tour their multicare facility. They also have outstanding rehabilitation department along with awesome food service as well as super fun activities programs and outside trips.

August 12, 2011

By BobbyS

When you drive by, this community catches your eye. It is newly renovated and under new management. The staff are very responsive and the existing residents are pretty social. Food quality is good and the choices are ample. I took away one star because of the high prices.

June 02, 2011

By ClinicalSocialWorker5

Other

Assisted living and specialized memory care offered in a large, nice-looking building in a quiet area next to the hillside in Fremont. The building is clean and well maintained, with a subdued feeling. There are ample outside deck areas. The residents are primarily a mix of Chinese and Caucasian. People are encouraged to be out of their rooms, and some activities are offered for those in assisted living, along with bus service for outings. Rooms in assisted living are nice, but basic"”all equipped with bathroom safety equipment. Some have nice views of the surrounding hills and deck areas. There have been problems in the past with the staff not being as attuned to residents as they could be, especially in the memory unit, but they're working hard now to overcome them. The administration and staff seem to be trying to make things more comfortable for the families and to be available for residents. While there's a sense that the staff is well intentioned and trying to be helpful, it would help to provide them with more training"”especially in dementia care.

Photos of Fremont Hills

Services & Amenities of Fremont Hills

• Minimum Memory Cost: $3575/month
  • Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Home Sale Assistance
  • Financial Guidance Extra: New Choice Waiver Not Accepted Medicaid Not Accepted

• Minimum Age: Minimum Age: 60

• Licenses: RCFE License #015601420
  • State Licenses: 19200522

About Fremont Hills

Fremont Hills Senior Living offers local seniors and their families personalized assisted living and memory care services within a warm contemporary setting. Fremont Hills is close to the community hospital, shopping centers, restaurants and recreational activities with easy access to the freeway. You can choose from a variety of social, fitness and educational opportunities while enjoying our service enriched lifestyle. Like the city of Fremont, we are an ethnically and culturally diverse community with programs and services designed to meet the preferences and needs of those we serve. We are an active, award-winning assisted living community with dedicated associates who are committed to providing seniors and their families a warm, friendly environment with the finest services and amenities.

Map of Fremont Hills