Bethesda Gardens | Fort Worth, TX

5417 Altamesa Boulevard, Fort Worth, TX, 76123

Reviews of Bethesda Gardens | Fort Worth, TX

Lillian11 December 30, 2015

I called a Place for Mom. They suggested several facilities within our area. We looked at several. Bethesda Gardens gave us a full tour but we're the only ones that spoke to my mother like a person not a patient. They asked her questions- it wasn't this is what we offer but what would you like us to do to make this comfortable for your new home. They offer several interactive activities and field trips with no pressure and invite families to attend.

Caring106745550 May 27, 2015

Bethesda Gardens was the one we visited. They had a lot of good features, and they had good access like for a wheelchair, but the prices prohibited it right at the moment, and there was no apartment available. They had an excellent dining area.

I liked the accessibility and their programs. While we were there, they had an Elvis impersonator and a show for a bunch of them. They had 3 meals a day which were very good.

Caring106823950 February 27, 2015

Bethesda Gardens is an excellent home; it is clean, beautiful, very modern, and very bright, and the appearance of it is great. The apartments have one bedroom, one living room, and a small kitchen. The staff is wonderful. They have numerous activities, and they have entertainment. The dining area is excellent.

Caring103307650 December 22, 2014

My mother is in Bethesda Gardens. The staff is good. They’re very clean. The communication is good. We can reach someone very quickly. I’m happy with them.

sharnrose July 15, 2014

Wonderful place, nice people, activities, good food, attentive staff. Comforting to know your aging parent is happy and safe.

mghuddle August 06, 2012

Bethesda Gardens is an attractive and well maintained facility. They keep the property updated and clean at all times. They have high turnover in staff from medication aides all the way up to the director. As a result many things get lost in the cracks. Medications are not kept up with when prescriptions run out, the food went downhill with the last chef change and apparently budget cuts, emergency button pulls are not answered promptly, and there are often mix ups with laundry for which no one takes ownership. Meetings with the director will often affirm that "This is not acceptable" but still it continues. They do have ample activities for residents and bring in a variety of entertainment which is always welcomed.

commercesd June 09, 2012

We visited the Bethesda Gardens assisted living facility while searching for a place for my brother's friend to live in Texas.

The outside of the building was very nicely maintained, with well manicured greenery and many places to enjoy.

The foyer was fresh and bright with very nice decorations and furniture. All of the indoor rooms had plenty of fresh air and light. Each room was beautifully decorated and furnished. The colors throughout the building were soothing and comfortable.

The private rooms featured plenty of space in nicely decorated surroundings with lots of natural light and fresh air with very comfortable furniture.

The seniors can easily socialize, make crafts, play games, watch TV and films and participate in many stimulating activities. The facility can accommodate all levels of ambulation. Communal activity rooms were spacious, with comfortable furniture.

Seniors can use the exercise room at any time and also go on daily walks. Aerobics and yoga classes are offered. The also have a full service salon for the residents.

The dining room was quite nice, with plenty of space. The food we saw looked and smelled delicious. The menus all had healthy food options for all kinds of diets. Healthy snacks are offered all day and into the evening, as well as whenever residents request them.

The residents go on trips to visit the many art galleries and museums, eat at casual and fine restaurants and enjoy the many cultural events offered in the area.

The residents here were well cared for by kind and considerate staff and appeared to content. b

Sonny2 June 01, 2012

Bethesda Gardens is providing a good home for my mother-in-law. They told us there would be a rough patch when she made the move, which was true but less so than might be imagined. We have found that there is less interaction between the residents than we might expect, but some folks are attracted to some activities and some others. A big hit for her is about the simplest you can imagine. They simply schedule a time to take interested residents on a random driving tour of the area. Literally random: they don't know where the ride will take them until the van is rolling. Given that most of the residents have lived in this area for much of their lives, the tour is a good way for them to see what has changes and what has not. The weaker aspect of the facility is that some of the caregivers seem to be less than enthusiastic. They come when there is a problem, but somewhat on cruise control. But they get the job done. Oh, then there is the food. All the residents say the previous chef was good and the new one is a bozo. It sounds like much of the vitriol is about attempts to reduce wasted food, but nonetheless everyone now is lining up prior to the start of meal time to have a chance to get anything on the menu. I guess I'd wish my mother-in-law could enjoy her golden years without Pavlovian mealtime behavior.

From Bethesda Gardens

Bethesda Gardens is a single-story community with beautiful apartments some with patios. Our team prides themselves on offering caring personal service from the dining room experience to the caring professionals, we are there 24 hours a day to provide your loved ones with the attention they need.

Bethesda Senior Living is a faith-based nonprofit organization. Across all our communities, faith is a cornerstone of how we operate, which means everything we do is in service of our residents. Bethesda Senior Living communities have been serving older adults affordably since 1959.

Features of Bethesda Gardens

• Technology extra: Emergency call system

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services

• Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• Physical therapy

• Minimum age: 62

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 100339