Barkley Place

36 Barkley Circle, Fort Myers, FL, 33901

Reviews of Barkley Place

Caring102061350 November 22, 2014

Of all the ones I’ve seen, the atmosphere at Barkley Place spoke to me as far as being friendly and comfortable and being close to a nice shopping area where you can go into church across. I just like the setup. I think people who miss the urban living and coming and going would like that place. The location and everything about it just is perfect. It is smaller and a little tighter. The apartments are really neat; that’s a big plus. The people are happy there. They drive you around. They have all these great activities and people of all ages.

Kathleen40 September 29, 2014

Mother chose Barkley Place because it's basically a low building and she didn’t want a lot of elevators as she is visually impaired. They offer a very good value for the price. The people were very friendly. They have a very excellent cafeteria. We went there, and mom fell in love with it.

caring9319 June 26, 2013

The staff at Barkley Place are capable and very caring. My father was in their independent living and decided to move in to the assisted living because it's a wonderful facility. They are also very attentive.

Mary 2 April 17, 2013

We picked Barkley Place because of the location. It was near our house. The building was in good condition. We were satisfied with their apartments. The food was excellent. The staff seemed amenable and caring.

Caring6685 December 29, 2012

Barkley Place didn't seem very well maintained. They struck me as not being really friendly.

istealusedspoons September 19, 2012

I went to this facility a few months ago to visit my father, who is diabetic and had to move into an Assisted Living Facility to help regulate his insulin levels.Honestly I was impressed, and it takes a lot to impress me, before you even walk through the door, the facility looks, and feels upscale. The landscaping is fresh, and the palm trees definitely remind you, that you are in sunny Florida. They even have various plans for those who want an Independant Living apartment, and only need a little bit of help, like my Dad. He had a kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, living room, etc, all to himself. It felt more like an upscale apartment complex than a retirement home. There was a fitness center, dining room ( the food is actually really good!) Check it out, the staff is really friendly and knows most residents by name!

asterope8 September 13, 2012

From the moment I walked in, I felt welcome. The receptionist knew exactly who my uncle was once I gave his name. She was very nice and even told me how wonderful my uncle is. As I waited for my other family members to arrive before going up to the room, I walked around the main building. It was great to see how clean their dining room was and how much of a variety the menu had. There was a library that was full of books, and an excersice room. Everything was very well organized and clean. Several of the employees approached me to make sure that I had been greeted and taken care of, which I found very considerate. Once my other family members arrived, one of the employees escorted us to the elevator. This employee was extremely nice and very pleasant to talk to. We finally arrived at my uncle's room and I was amazed. I was expecting the room to look like a typical shabby hotel room but, instead, it was very unique and he was able to decorate it just the way he wanted. Overall, I was very impressed not only with the facility, but with the employees as well.

Janet B.1 August 21, 2012

When my friend and her family decided to move to Lee County in Florida, they asked me to visit some of the local assisted living facilities so I could recommend places that might suit her mother. Fortunately, I have a co-worker whose mother resides at Barkley Place so he and I visited together and had the opportunity to chat with his mother during our visit. I found the grounds and the common areas to be well-maintained and attractive. The staff was pleasant and friendly. Both my co-worker and his mother sang the praises of the staff and how responsive they are to the needs of residents' and to questions or concerns of family members. We ate lunch in the dining room and the food was delicious -- far surpassing my expectations. My co-worker's mother admitted that she had been concerned about being lonely or bored when she moved out of her condo and into Barkley Place, but she actually has more friends and participates in more activities than when she lived alone. She plays bingo with the other residents, goes on outings, and even participates in a weekly card game with some other residents. Her apartment is more than ample for her needs and she could not be happier. I was pleased to be able to recommend Barkley Place to my friend and she is going to check it out in a few weeks. I believe this would be an ideal facility if you are looking for a place for a family member.

SMFisher July 06, 2012

Each visit to Barkley Place is enjoyable. I have not experienced anything negative. The staff is very helpful in making sure the residents have everything they need. Anytime a problem has come up they are quick to inform us and are happy to help resolve the situation. The grounds are always clean and smell fresh. I am happy knowing that my friend is taken care of in the way she deserves.

commercesd April 11, 2012

We were delighted to visit the Barkley Place while in the vicinity - visiting assisted living facilities in the area for my friend's mother.

First we toured the grounds, which were lovely, with flowers and shrubs everywhere and nice seating areas. The outside area was ample, with plenty of seating areas to enjoy. My friend's mother really likes living next to a park, so this would make her very happy.

The staff was very friendly and all seemed to really like their jobs. The main living areas were fresh, clean and sunny with a homey, yet contemporary décor.

The variety of activities offered was impressive. Just about any hobby you might have can be accommodated - and more. The staff goes out of its way to suggest stimulating things to do - from gardening, to reading, playing games and fun outings in the community.

We had lunch while there which was really delicious. We ordered form a menu as the residents would - so we were really impressed with the selections.

The rooms we viewed were all very clean, well-kept and inviting - kind of resembling what you might find at a hotel that rents out small apartments - but a bit more personal.

The library had a large book selection - much of which was loaned from the local library.

There was gym equipment and an exercise room that also offers a variety of classes to choose from.

The seniors here really enjoy living here - that was plain to see. The staff is kind, caring and very attentive to all of their needs, whatever they happen to be.

About Barkley Place

Barkley Place is an assisted living facility in Fort Myers, FL that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Barkley Place for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Barkley Place