Botsford Commons

21440 Archwood Circle, Farmington Hills, MI, 48336

Reviews of Botsford Commons

JudithHOOLP May 22, 2016

Bosford is a very good facility and very good in helping us to make a decision. They are excellent in giving a higher level of care. The staff is outstanding. The rooms were nice, furnished, and had shared space.

Gayle26 May 11, 2016

Botsford Commons is where my niece has decided to put my sister. It's very nice. The person who showed me around was very nice. There were two women who showed me around who were excellent and gave us answers even before we asked them, so they're very well-trained.

Caring110086450 June 30, 2015

We found Botsford Commons for my mom last month. They have apartments, condominiums, assisted living, and long-term care. It is a multi-purpose place; they are capable with a lot of different levels of care. She didn't want to leave the area because she lived in Michigan, so it was perfect for her, it met her needs, and they were very helpful. The staff is wonderful, very caring, and very supportive. It is a clean, cheerful place. It is like they are living in a hotel. And all the people there are gracious and nice, the rooms are very nice, they have private and semi-private rooms, it is a very secure place, and the food is excellent. It is a good place, and I think I am very fortunate to have found this place for her. My friend's mom was there, so I just told her what was going on, and she told me to also check the place where her mom is. So we took a visit, we liked it, did the paperwork, and within three days, she was there.

It is in a remote area, so there is not a lot of activity and traffic since it is in a woodsy area, but they have a lot of activities for them. They have concerts and a bus that can take them to activities, and the patients can leave with their families on the weekends if they want. It's an excellent place, and I recommend it. The way it is set up is they have four wings, so they have patients in different wings, and in each wing, they have a dining area. It is a place where the families can visit with them, or you can visit in their rooms if you like. They encourage them not to stay in their rooms, but to get up, come out, and be a part of the community, which is really important. The dining area is also the activity room, so they have activities for them in there, or they can watch television, play puzzle, read books, or look out the window. They have a separate patio with glass walls that are high, but it’s a patio with flowers, so everyone can sit outside and have another visiting area where you will be within all of that, there are tables and chairs, and you can visit with your family in this other area. It is highly secure, and the staff is wonderful.

Terry23 March 28, 2014

My aunt is at Botsford Commons. She has been there for four months now. Without question, I would recommend this place to others. It is friendly and very professional. The cleanliness of the place is excellent. The staff is very professional. My aunt loves the food there. They also have activities, such as bingo and physical therapy.

Grandmasgirl6 August 21, 2012

My grandmother has MS and suffered a bad fall in her home two years ago. My family and I no longer felt comfortable with her living alone. We visited several assisted living facilities in the area before we decided on Botsford Commons. They are set up really cool and they offer single residences or roommate style. My grandma has a roommate because we wanted her to have someone to interact with. The best part about BC is the beautiful scenery and the staff. I swear they have become second family to us and truly are for my grandmother. They know what she likes, what her routine is and really accommodate her every need. This place is full service, too. They take care of laundry, meals, medication and personal care. There is a 24-hour nurse on duty, a physician's clinic on site and she is able to have physical therapy there as well. Botsford also has lots of activities to keep residents busy including visits from the local elementary and high school students who love to come and perform for the seniors. This will be the three years she has lived there and we have no complaints.

Eemas Daughter June 22, 2012

The grounds are beautiful, tranquil and serene. The staff is very friendly and concerned. My Mom needed to have rehab from a hospital stay. This facility is one of the best, I've seen in our State.

Social Worker # 1 December 01, 2011

I think that Botsford Assisted Living facility is an excellent choice for placement for someone who is looking for placement for a friend or family member. Botsford Assisted Living facility is in a nice cul-de-sac neighborhood and the surrounding neighborhood is also a cul-de-sac neighborhood wooded area with pine tress surrounding the common grounds of the neighborhoods it is beautiful and so very tasteful to the eye. In addition to it have acres of land and greenery that is such a delight. While there, I noticed that the residents' rooms were very nicely decorated and beautiful and such pleasure to look at. The residents' rooms were very clean and did not smell. The entire facility was very well maintained, decorated and structured. The management and staff there treat their residents like family.

The residents there interact with one another and they were very happy there also. The food their looked good and it smelled good also. The management and staff there were very visible for their residents to see them and appeared to be very attentive to their residents as well. I know that anyone 50 and over would like it there and their residents receive excellent care there also. They also offer their residents there a vast majority of services, activities, and recreational activities as well.

In general, I would rank Botsford Assisted Living facility on a five stars rating for their excellence and expertise.

From Botsford Commons

Botsford Commons Senior Community is a unique campus that looks like a neighborhood and feels like home. Passing over the river into our beautiful wooded setting, dotted with gazebos, street lamps and a vibrant community center, visitors and residents alike instantly feel a sense of peace and belonging. Here, aging is treated with dignity and respect.

Recognizing that older adults have unique needs for support and services at different times, ranging from exercise classes to extended care, Botsford Commons offers four distinct residential choices.

• Independent living (condominiums and apartments)
  • Senior Living Center (assisted living)
  • Botsford Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Center (short term rehabilitation and long term nursing care)

With all these residential options available, seniors are empowered, remain passionate about life and enjoy each day. It's all about relationships at Botsford Commons where we create a Fullness of Life through the joy of relationships, the art of caring, and the spirit of living. You have to see our neighborhood, residents and caregivers in action to truly appreciate its beauty.

Independent Living

Our independent living options put the emphasis on living in your home, on your schedule, your way. Our luxurious condominium homes have many special features including accessible buildings, Illuminated thermostats and a full recreation program. The Town Commons features a movie theater, pool, exercise room, recreation room, library and restaurant.

Services Provided:

• 24-hour security/maintenance and call system available
  • Lawn maintenance, snow removal
  • Priority access to on-site services
  • Social and recreational opportunities
  • On site rehabilitation facility

Living with Assistance - Senior Living Center

Housed in the historic Albert Kahn building, Botsford Senior Living Center provides a friendly, supportive environment for people who need some assistance with daily living. This can range from help bathing and dressing to reminders about appointments and medication. Depending on the individual, we customize care accordingly, always promoting personal choice and independence.

Services Provided:

• 24-hour security/maintenance and call system available
  • Restaurant-style dining
  • Nutritious meals and snacks available anytime
  • Housekeeping services, including towels, linens and laundry service
  • Tailored activities and events
  • Access to skilled nursing and therapy services
  • On-site nurse

Additional Services Available:

• Assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming
  • Medication reminders
  • On-site physician clinic

Thank you for your interest at Botsford Commons Senior Community. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

A vision of aging that emphasizes respect, dignity, potential and independence provides the cornerstone of Botsford Commons Senior community. Recognizing that older adults have unique needs for support and services at different times, ranging from exercise classes to extended care, Botsford has established within this community several distinct residential alternatives - Independent Living (condominiums and apartments), the Living with Assistance (Senior Living Center), and the Botsford Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Center.

Features of Botsford Commons

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft