American House Dearborn Heights Senior Living

26600 Ann Arbor Trail, Dearborn Heights, MI, 48127

Reviews of American House Dearborn Heights Senior Living

Herma February 15, 2016

My mom preferred American House over the others because of the intimacy of the place. It appeared to be clean and well kept. They mentioned that they had activities available.

Caring113712550 September 29, 2015

I visited American House Dearborn Heights for my parents. I thought it was a nice community. It was set up a little bit different than where my parents are at now. They did have meals available. It is a smaller campus, and so it offers better availability for services. The only thing is they did not have availability. Nevertheless, the community was very friendly. They were open to showing you the facility. They were helpful in answering any questions that you ask. It had a very good atmosphere. At the time that I went, they did have a person that was doing activities. The residents were very cheerful. Also the place was very clean. I like the atmosphere. However, like I said, they didn't have the availability at that time.

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating. You might be interested in knowing we do have a number of American House communities throughout Michigan. A complete list is on our website at www.americanhouse.com. I’d be happy to arrange a tour to any location you may want to visit and can be reached at (313) 202-9936. Warmest regards, Dawn Steckroth Executive Director

Caring27264050 August 22, 2015

The staff at American House was fine. I didn’t have any problems with it, but it was not what I was looking for. I like their programs, but I didn’t like the fact they didn’t have handicapped accessible rooms to choose from. Their dining room was fine though.

Thanks for taking the time to visit us and for your positive comments. Even though our particular community does not fit your needs, we do have other locations that may be more suitable. You can see a complete list online at www.americanhouse.com. If you find one you like to visit, I’d be more than happy to arrange a tour. Feel free to call me directly at (313) 202-9936. Warm Regards, Dawn Steckroth, Executive Director

Caring107429850 June 06, 2015

The staff at American House was very nice and knowledgeable as far as my husband’s diabetes. They knew what type of food to bring. Everything was nice, clean, and orderly. The apartments weren’t as large in size; there wasn’t enough space, and there is one bathroom, but it is fine.

Thank you for your feedback on American House Dearborn Heights! We take great care of our residents and always ensure they have what they need! If there's anything we can do for you or your husband, please do let us know! Dawn Steckroth, executive director

Gloria42 April 19, 2015

American House did not have any openings. It was pretty nice. The apartments were large and clean. The studio apartment was very large for a studio, so you have a choice between it and a one-bedroom apartment. The staff was helpful, friendly, and very professional. They had church services.

Thank you for your feedback! American House Dearborn Heights offers several floor options that residents can select from: studio (400 sq), one-bedroom (500 sq), one-bedroom villa (650 sq), one-bedroom deluxe (760 sq) and two-bedroom/one-bathroom villa (850 sq). In addition to large apartments, a life enrichment director provides social, cultural and educational programs to keep residents active and engaged! If you have any questions, please contact us! (313) 278-6430

Joseph36 February 27, 2015

American House is very nice, and they have lots to offer. It is the location that we are looking at because my children are living further south. I have nothing bad to say about them. They have field trips to the casino and to special events like opera or plays. They answered everything we have questions for.

I'm happy to hear you loved our community! We do have other locations, if you'd like to call me so we can talk about different areas your loved one could live. Please call me at your earliest convenience. Thank you!

Sincerely, Dawn Steckroth, Executive Director 313-278-6430

Lovely Lady1 August 21, 2014

Mom has finally decided to go into American House, so that's where she is now. It's a wonderful place, and it's larger than where she was. She has a buddy there now. They have a lot of activities. They have scheduled meals in a large dining room and so many more things than she was getting before. They come in weekly for cleaning.

I'm happy that your mom is making friends and enjoying all the activities at American House Dearborn Heights! If she ever has any questions or ideas for activities - or would just like to say hi -please don’t hesitate to stop by my office anytime. Thanks for leaving your review!

Sincerely, Dawn Steckroth, Executive Director 313-278-6430

Deborah15 August 01, 2013

American House was immaculate. I loved their Villas. I loved the facilities and the apartments that they had to offer. I liked their locations and the feel of the place. Their staff was truly excellent. I really adored them. They were really warm and very receptive. I would recommend them to others.

Wow, such a positive review - thank you so much! I'm glad you liked everything you saw and would recommend us to others. I bet you'd really enjoy all our activities we do, too!

Sincerely, Dawn Steckroth, Executive Director (313) 278-6430

caring0411113 April 18, 2013

My father-in-law has been in American House for about a month and a half now. The food is good. The people take care of him and he is happy to be there. The facility is very nice. It felt like a hotel when I walked in there for the first time. It's been good so far.

We consider it a great compliment that our community makes you feel like it’s as relaxing and comfortable as a hotel! I am happy to hear that your father-in-law is enjoying living here — and we’re glad to have him! Stop on by to say hello sometime, or if you ever need anything don’t hesitate to give me a call.

Sincerely, Dawn Steckroth, Executive Director (313) 278-6430

dpiston June 30, 2012

I visited my grandmother who has lived there for 1 year. She says that she enjoys it but says it can get lonely sometimes. I try to to visit her as much as I can. There are many activities to do there, individual and group. She says the food there is okay but decent. The staff is friendly and transportation is available if needed. She likes relaxing in the garden with a book or watching television. There is security when one enters the building. Room service and guest meals are available. They have private bathroom and climate control systems. 24 emergency services are available. Some even have a small kitchenette.I believe my grandmother was looking to move to new facility, somewhere closer to where most of her family lives. She is looking at places in Florida and California. She says the place is nice but does not enjoy the Michigan winters.

Dear dpiston, We do try to make sure that our residents have plenty of activities, amenities and opportunity for interaction and socialization. I'm sure your grandmother appreciates your visits since, although our staff members truly care for our residents, nothing replaces being with family. Ah, these Michigan winters! Although the Florida sunshine is nice, there's nothing quite like looking out the window at the snow softly falling and drinking a nice, hot cup of cocoa. Hopefully your grandmother will decide to stay here with us. If you, your grandmother or anyone else ever needs anything, my door is always open. Please feel free to stop in!

Sincerely, Elizabeth Garr Executive Director (313) 278-6430

From American House Dearborn Heights Senior Living

Providing studio apartments in the main building and ranch-style independent living "villas" in the campus beyond, American House Dearborn Heights is ideally situated near family, friends, shopping, and familiar medical professionals in Dearborn, Dearborn Heights, Redford, Livonia, and Westland. We are also in close proximity to the following hospitals Garden City Hospital, St. Mary Mercy Livonia, and Oakwood Hospital. Dearborn Heights Senior Living provides Independent Living with assistance available.*

Dearborn Heights has both studio apartments (ground floor) and ranch-style Villas with 1 or 2 bedrooms. The Villas feature private entrances, full kitchens, living rooms, washer/dryers, and porches. Dearborn Heights Senior Living also has a community dining room, a cozy fireplace lounge - and much more.

Resident services include flexible service plan options for the Villas, restaurant-style dining available for breakfast, lunch and dinner - as well as scheduled transportation. An Activity Director plans a wide range of cultural, social and recreational activities and trips. Housekeeping and laundry services are also available.

*Medical support services provided by a third party not affiliated with American House.

Reimbursement

• Emergency Call System
  • Private Bathrooms

Additional Assistance Available

• Support Team available 7 days a week
  • and many other available support services

Features of American House Dearborn Heights Senior Living

• Physical therapy

• Features extra: Library, W/D in apt.

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Minimum age: 55+

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of American House Dearborn Heights Senior Living