Merrill Gardens at Campbell

2115 S. Winchester Blvd., Campbell, CA, 95008

Contact Now

Reviews of Merrill Gardens at Campbell

Barbara117319050 December 29, 2015

Merrill Gardens was near two of the hospitals I like, but there was a waiting list of six months minimum. It had everything that I was looking for. It has basically a month-to-month facility with a cafeteria that operates around the clock, and the usual entertainment. It provides transportation, allows pets, etc., and the main thing for me is that it's near the hospitals. It's only two years old, and what's beautiful about them is that each one of the rooms had its own washer and dryer, which is unheard of in the other facilities.

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Merrill Gardens at Campbell. We would be happy to answer any additional questions, or provide more information about our waitlist.

cdavis1 December 21, 2015

We didn’t care for Merill Gardens too much. It was very impersonal, large, and we didn’t see too many of the residents out and about. We didn’t see much of the facility.

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us this feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience with Merrill Gardens at Campbell did not meet your expectations. We would be happy to invite you back for another opportunity to meet with team members and residents and learn more about the lifestyle at Merrill Gardens.

Caring105400850 June 30, 2015

Merrill Gardens at Campbell is a kind of family-style place. It's welcoming to families and looks like it would be a place where my mother could continue to be involved with her community, her family, and other residents. It is also very attractive and near to a church where my mom could go to. Everybody felt very friendly and welcoming, but again we are on the waiting list. It's certainly one of the places that we considered. We didn't have any difficulty getting tours.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us this review. We are glad to hear that Merrill Gardens is an option you are pursuing for your mother. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly with any questions.

Gail31 May 05, 2015

I don't remember all the places I visited, but Merrill Gardens at Campbell was by far our favorite. The staff was unbelievable. The person who toured us was knowledgeable, kind, and patient. As far as the visit goes, we didn't feel any pressure at all, and that is huge. We didn't feel like we were buying a used car. We were very impressed with Merrill Garden. It is actually the only one we would have considered if we were looking for a place right then. It was clean, and everything was indoors. We thought that it was just a happier place. People weren't as old, and they were engaged. A lot of it was just appearances, but the people we saw looked very healthy and may not be on their last leg. I thought the security and safety was fine. We didn't really think about it, and it wasn't really a worry of ours because of the neighborhood. We really like the idea that they have private dining rooms, so if family members chose to have a Sunday night dinner, they could have it in a private dining room. We really liked that idea, and it felt like home. I like the dining setup, and I don't think there is a certain amount of time where things were served at certain times. We liked that it is much more open and flexible. We liked the crafts room and the exercise room. I would definitely recommend Merrill Gardens.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this wonderful feedback with us! We are so happy to hear about your experience. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if we can be of assistance in the future.

Caring105385050 April 27, 2015

We went to the Merrill Gardens. It was new and bright, and they had a lot of things going on. It was really nice. The staff was very nice. Everything was really beautiful, and it had a nice atmosphere for the people that had to be there. They gave us a list of all the activities, and there were tons of activities.

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We are happy to hear that you had a pleasant experience! Please reach out to us directly if you have questions or additional feedback.

Debbie104777350 April 27, 2015

I like Merrill Gardens at Campbell. We were there to look around and check everything out. There was only one bedroom available to look at, and it was very nice. There was one bedroom, a living room, a dining room, and a kind of a kitchenette. The people were very nice and very friendly. There were ladies in one of the entertainment rooms, and they even invited me to play. I felt like I was at home, and it was very nice. It is wonderful because if you have your own car, you can park underneath. Everything is all locked up, and the activities look great. I signed up, but there is nothing available now. It is near Campbell, and you can walk to it. They have some restaurant close by, and they have a very nice Chinese restaurant right across the street. When we went there for lunch, there were people that were from Merrill Garden eating. You can walk to them, and you don't have to drive.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a positive review. We appreciate the detailed feedback and we are so glad to hear about your experience. Please don't hesitate to contact us directly in the future if we can be of assistance.

Laura49 January 09, 2015

I was able to find a place for my aunts called Merrill Gardens. It is oriented towards people with Dementia or Alzheimer's. I was quite impressed that they do an extensive test, interview, and psychiatric evaluation before going in to find out exactly which stage they were. The facility is very nice and brand new. They offer everything to fit the pocket book from studio to two bedroom suites. One aunt is in a studio with enough room for her bed and her little table. There are kitchen facilities. There are buttons all over for help -- even in the bathroom. They have lots of elevators so they can navigate the floors. There were lots of signs if you were looking for something. The dining room is like a restaurant where they serve the people. It is very elegant. The residents have never complained about the food; on the contrary they rave about it. I really like this place.

Jo19 December 09, 2014

I visited a retirement community called Merrill Gardens at Campbell. The program was exemplary. There was nothing that I could find anything wrong with it. It was a new facility, so everything in it wouldn't be breaking down. It was absolutely gorgeous, and of course, it was a little higher priced than most of the other places because it was new. They charged for parking and charged for several other things that other places do not. Outside of that, I liked it. I saw two different rooms -- a one-bedroom and a studio -- and I thought that they were very adequate. They did much more than some of the older retirement homes, and it had more space. It was nice.

I saw them doing their exercises in the morning, and they had those that could do very much sat in chairs. They had different other things that they had. It was a pretty big facility. They do a little walk together and make sure that people had exercise. You could sit down and eat at any time you wanted.

Caring96994850 October 31, 2014

My husband's parents are moving to Merrill Gardens at Campbell. The thing I like about them is that it's brand new. It's much brighter and lighter and bigger. The staff is very, very nice. They have a theatre and a crafts room. They also have a salon and a workout room. They have a nice garden for the residents to grow their own garden. I would recommend this facility very much so.

Caring94059150 October 19, 2014

My mom is currently at Merrill Gardens, and I’ve been there a lot. The experience was very good, brightly lit and lots of attention and mom likes the brightness of the facility. The food is good -- I’ve eaten there several times. They have exercise, movies and outings. In the memory care unit, they played ball games, bean bag, play bingo, do chair exercises and they have person come in for yoga.

Caring94951650 September 24, 2014

The rooms at Merrill Gardens at Campbell were smaller and with fewer amenities. You get a kitchenette and for twice the cost in comparison with the other facility. This one was pretty but it was very expensive. Also their website was not that informative.

From Merrill Gardens at Campbell

Merrill Gardens at Campbell is located between Los Gatos and San Jose in Santa Clara County. The apartment-style community offers all of the amenities of a home without the work. Imagine a life without household chores, yard work or home maintenance. Invite guests to a meal, special event or social outing. With an on-site Active Living Director, scheduled transportation and Anytime Dining program - there are opportunities to make new friends or entertain old ones right outside your front door.

Merrill Gardens at Campbell offers independent living, assisted living and respite care and Alzheimer's and dementia care.

Brand new. Located in downtown Campbell. Free wi-fi throughout the building. Wellness center. Retail center adjacent to community. Library. Living rooms. Theater. Plenty of social gathering space. Landscaped grounds and courtyard. Most apartments have full-size kitchens, washers & dryers. Garage parking for residents.

Features of Merrill Gardens at Campbell