Carnegie Village Senior Living Community

107 Bernard Drive, Belton, MO, 64012

Reviews of Carnegie Village Senior Living Community

Donna99993650 October 07, 2014

They have a great facility at Carnegie Village. The apartments were big enough for two people, and I think their advantage is they have assisted living connected to independent living. So you could stay there longer and if you weren't as independent, you could just move on to assisted living as you needed to. And, their executive director is excellent. I liked the size of the apartments and the friendly employees that I met. I think they were very caring people and were very supportive of the people coming in.

Sheryl8 June 27, 2014

I chose Carnegie Village for my mom, and she absolutely loves it. The staff there is super wonderful. The lady who is the general manager is wonderful. I live in another state, and every time I call her, she is accessible and immediately responds to me. My mother enjoys the dining room a lot. She goes to the dining room to eat most nights. She feels like she has excellent care. What she really loves, too, is that there is security. The people are not wandering in and out day and night. It is comfortable, and it is beautifully decorated.

It is also right in the town where she has lived for the last 40 years. So that's where her church and all of her friends are located. They provide transportation for her doctor's appointments. They have a van that goes to the grocery store every week.

Pam25 May 30, 2014

Mom is now at Carnegie Village. This is an excellent facility. They are conveniently close by, but mostly their nursing care is excellent. Everything is very wonderful and new. They put in new carpeting and paint before she went into her room. They have activities, and my mom just went on one of their field trips.

Shirley and Mel September 23, 2013

My husband and I are all set to go to Carnegie Village. Aside from the fact that we don't have to buy our meals when we're there, I also like that there is an assisted living and a nursing home facility attach to this place. My mother is 95 and so we can have her with us. Plus, should we need some respite from her, we could just place her in their respite care wing right down the hall. Regarding accommodation, we will have a spacious two-bedroom apartment, which is on the first floor. We have a bay window there. We don't have a patio-type of thing but since we are right next to the outside door, that's not a big issue for us. We have a small dog, so we are able to take her out. During our visit, we actually went into a little cafe that they have there and it was very good. We had lunch and the food was good as well.

Kirsten4 July 24, 2013

Carnegie Village is a nice environment. It was friendly, it was clean, and they offer a lot of activities. Price-wise, it was best.

Caring2570 March 29, 2013

My wife stayed at Carnegie Village. It was a clean and modern facility. The atmosphere was light and cheerful. The staff treated my wife with care. I was really happy with the service.

Kay6 December 04, 2012

The hallways smelled of urine each time I visited, and there were several residents in wheelchairs, who were alone in the halls, and unable to move themselves around.

Caring816 October 29, 2012

Carnegie Villages have beautiful rooms and wonderful staff. It was truly a village. Everything you need is right there. We went over there several times and it was always lovely. The staff was incredibly generous with time and they were very friendly and outgoing. The rooms were spacious and lovely. Lots of sitting areas and different gathering areas. I would recommend this facility. My dad didn't end up moving there because it was expensive.

gjb March 23, 2012

We placed my mother-in-law in Carnegie Village several years ago. This facility stood above the others in a variety of ways. The apartments were less institutationalized than most facilities. She has a full kitchen: range, microwave, dishwasher, full size refrigerator, and lots of kitchen storage. The dining facilities are very pleasant, and offer residents options regarding when they eat, and what they eat. There is a formal dining room, and "retro" diner for lunch. The rates at the facility are comparable to other homes in the area. There is a huge plantation style veranda on the back of the main building overlooking the city park. This is a place I could live when the time comes.

drgonzo March 16, 2012

My mother lived at Carnegie Village for about 17 months, until a couple of weeks before her death. She previously lived at another facility, which was located in my home town, for about 7 years. The staff consistently dealt with her admittedly difficult personality with patience, encouragement, and good cheer. Transportation was available to doctor appointments and grocery stores, but my mother was confined to a scooter, so a van with a lift would have worked better. The meal plan, in which all meals were purchased, worked well for my mother. Facilities were kept clean, and the housekeeping staff was very helpful and friendly. The kitchen staff was also helpful and meals were good (I ate there several times). The physical plant was attractive; the facility backs up to a public park with many trees and is set well back from the busy street in front. Repairs were always accomplished promptly, and the staff willingly did extra chores for my mother, who had trouble remembering how to work her TV remote, etc. Carnegie was a good experience for my mother.

From Carnegie Village Senior Living Community

Carnegie Village offers spacious Independent and Assisted Living apartment homes. Our staff is committed to making a difference in the lives of our residents and their families. We personalize our programs and services to suit your lifestyle and individual interests. We want you to have the quality of life you want by offering a variety of amenities that allow for an active social life as well as assisting you with your individual health needs.

Founded by physician who embraced and advanced the values of integrity, accountability, and commitment to patient care, we have over 30 years of experience delivering those values to our residents, families and associates.

Our family-oriented environment guarantees you will find a smile in every hallway and around every corner, whether it's from our staff or our happy residents. After your visit, you will know firsthand why so many have chosen to call Carnegie Village home.

Carnegie Village sits adjacent to beautiful Belton Memorial Park, providing scenic views and ample green space for leisurely walks. Our spacious apartment homes in both Independent and Assisted Living offer ample storage in all floor plans. Each come complete with full kitchen and washer/dryer. Our top chefs prepare a menu of delicious dining options. Each building provides for your safety a basement storm shelter like no other.

Features of Carnegie Village Senior Living Community

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: One time community fee of $1000.00

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: Minimum age: 62

• Licenses: Missouri Assisted Living Certification

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Carnegie Village Senior Living Community