13 Memory Care Facilities in Stevens Point, WI
Brookdale Stevens Point5625 Sandpiper Drive, Stevens Point, WI
Wellington Place of Whiting1902 Post Road, Stevens Point, WI
Sylvan Crossings of Stevens Point100 North Green Avenue, Stevens Point, WI
Atrium Senior Living of Stevens Point at Point Manor1800 Sherman Avenue, Stevens Point, WI
Copperleaf Assisted Living and Memory Care - North Ridge2201 Eagle Summit, Stevens Point, WI
Copperleaf Memory Care - North Haven2301 Eagle Summit, Stevens Point, WI
Azura Memory Care of Wausau3704 Hummingbird Road, Wausau, WI
Wellington Place of Rib Mountain4100 North Mountain Road, Wausau, WI
Our House Senior Living - Wisconsin Rapids Memory Care2711 12th Street South, Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Wellington Place of Biron1661 South Biron Street, Wisconsin Rapids, WI
The Waterford at Wisconsin Rapids491 25th Street North, Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Tender Reflections of Weston3404 Community Center Drive, Weston, WI
Copperleaf Memory Care of Schofield1404 Lilli, Schofield, WI
At A Glance
There are 13 Memory Care communities in the city and surrounding area to choose from, with an average cost of $3,658 per month.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Stevens Point area find the memory care community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 1 reviews of memory care communities in the Stevens Point area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 13 memory care communities in the Stevens Point area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Memory Care in Stevens Point
Stevens Point is a small city located in the center of the state of Wisconsin that is home to a little more than 26,000 residents. Twelve percent of the city’s population is age 65 and older, some of whom have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. These seniors are a part of the 110,000 individuals in the state who have some form of cognitive impairment.
To accommodate those living in Stevens Point, there are six memory care facilities in the city and seven in nearby places like Wisconsin Rapids and Wausau. Known as community-based residential facilities, memory care communities are regulated by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
- Families and seniors who pay for memory care may find Stevens Point to be an affordable option. The cost of living is 88.3, which is lower than the national average of 100. It is also lower than the state average of 98.
- Crime is ranked on a scale from one (low) to 100 (high). In Stevens point, violent crime is ranked 12.7, lower than the national average of 12.7. Property crime is ranked 37.3, which is also lower than the national average of 38.1. Families visiting seniors in memory care facilities in the area can feel safe when in the city.
- Seniors who have a hard time dealing with the heat in southern climates may appreciate the cooler summers in Stevens Point. The average July high Is around 81 degrees. Winters are short and cold with the average January low around seven degrees. The city gets around 45 inches of snow per year.
- The city of Stevens Point is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as the Ascension St. Michael’s Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Memory Care in Stevens Point
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Memory Care costs in Stevens Point start around $3,658 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of memory care is $4,723 per month.
It’s important to note that memory care rates in Stevens Point and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Memory Care in Stevens Point
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Memory Care in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Memory Care
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for memory care, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance memory care costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance memory care, visit our Memory Care in Wisconsin page.
Free Memory Care Resources in Stevens Point
Stevens Point and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Memory Care Facilities in Stevens Point
Directory of Winners in Stevens Point Area
Memory Care Laws and Regulations in Stevens Point
Stevens Point-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Memory Care in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.