Where to go for help with buried assistance?

1 answer | Last updated: Sep 15, 2016
A fellow caregiver asked...

My niece uncle passed away and don't have funeral insurance. Where can they go get help with getting buried assistance? We live the state of Missouri. He was on disability SSI

Expert Answers

Rebekah Peoples, CFSP, CPC, Is a licensed funeral director and embalmer. She is passionate about serving others and believes that giving clients honest, accurate information empowers them to create tributes and services that are meaningful and appropriate. Her tips about funerals and life can be found at www.funeral411.com.

Usually if someone is getting assistance from SSI when they're living, they are eligible for burial/funeral assistance. Check with your funeral home or try calling the Missouri Office of Social Services at 573-751-4815.

May you and your niece enjoy sharing stories about your uncle as you remember him.