How can I transfer Mom from assisted living to in-home care?

1 answer | Last updated: Sep 14, 2017
A fellow caregiver asked...

My mother is in a nursing home in Scranton, Pa. How can I get her home and get in-home care with financial help.

Expert Answers

As Founder and Director of Circles of Care, Ann Cason provides caregiving, consulting, and training services to individuals and public and private organizations involved in eldercare. She is the author of Circles of Care: How to Set Up Quality Home Care for Our Elders.

If you want to transfer from assisted living to in-home care in Scranton, you should contact the Pennsylvania Department of Aging. Ask for Home and Community Based Services. The patient must be over 60, a resident of Pennsylvanis, have a social security number. meet the level of care of a nursing home and also meet their financial requirements. If you meet these standards, they will direct you and open you up to their many services. I wish you the very best in the pursuit of this goal.