Should I be worried about lung nodules?

Concerned grandma asked...

My doctor found nodules on my lungs and said it is probably nothing to worry about and that I needed to be monitored for two years having CT's done. I have had my second CT and it showed the nodules had increased in size. I have also noticed small amounts of blood in my sputum. I am 55 years old. How concerned do I need to be now, because I moved and I no longer have that doctor and have not had my next round of CT's done?

I know that moving is stressful, but you really need to get established with a new doctor.  The new doctor will probably want to look through your old health records when they meet you, so anything (old tests, notes, medication lists) that you can bring to your appointment would be helpful.  Sometimes, they will request old records from your previous doctors, and that can take alot of  time.  So, start this process as soon as you can.

Most importantly, you need to have your CT repeated, as it is due, and  your complaint of blood in your sputum should be investigated. Good luck!

Djmiller answered...

Yes indeed.