Should I be worried about weight loss, vommiting and radiating abdominal pain?

Krystalclark 2004 asked...

On my last visit to the VA I had a CBC done and a CT scan. my CT scan revealed an enlargement of my liveer and my white blood count is high. My red blood count is low. My HCT is also low. I have also noticed the whites of my eyes have turned yellow and I am frequently sick to stomach and often vomit. I have lost weight and experienced pain that starts in my stomach and moves to my back between my shoulders. Should I be worried?

You need to contact the VA as soon as possible, as I am worried about you too from reading your letter. It sounds as though your liver is having some problems, and you are anemic. I am especially concerned the the whites of your eyes are yellow, as this can be a sign of jaundice (a condition where too much bilirubin builds up in your body). The abdominal pain could be from your liver, gallbladder, or some other gastrointestinal problem. You may need to be hospitalized to find out what is going on with you, so that you can feel better. Good luck!

I would also see a gastrointerologist about this. But try going to the hosptial, first thing, for immediate help is also my suggestion. Good luck.

Sandrakg answered...

I am always worried about pains in peoples stomachs as this was the big sign before my grandmothers brain stem stroke and we now know it was the clot going through her. I don't know how they check for clots but I wish someone had told us before it happened. Keep asking for second opinions until you get satisfaction.