Which foods improve blood counts?

I had prostate cancer and did surgery and chemotherapy in January 1995. My PSA now reads 0.3 but my blood count is low. What foods can I use in order to make my blood count better?

If your blood count is low, there can be many things that cause that to happen. You can try eating a diet rich in iron (meats), but you should also add fruits and vegetables for folate and vitamin B12. However, improving your diet will only help if your low blood count is due to iron, B12, or folate deficiency. Sometimes low blood count is caused by a medical problem, like ulcers, blood disorders, or medications. Your doctor should do some more blood tests for you to find out why your blood count is low, so that you can get the proper treatment.

Atilla answered...

I think this answer is helpful