Am I setting myself up for another colon rupture?

Jdl123 asked...

had a colon rupture about five years ago doctors wanted to put a colostomy bag on me and i refused and for the last couple of years have been having a lot of stomach problems a lot of times likes soveir cramps and irregular bowl movement. could i be setting myself up for another rupture?

Because you did not have surgery and you have irregular bowel movements, you are at risk for another colon rupture. The most important things you can do to help keep yourself well are to watch your diet and make sure you treat your constipation. What I would recommend is that you take note about which foods cause your digestive/ stomach problems, and try to avoid those foods. You should also make sure you have a bowel movement every other day at least. Make sure you are getting enough fluids, fiber, and take laxatives if needed.

If you have not already done so, it may be helpful to you to see a gastroenterologist (stomach doctor) to check you out. They can help you with your diet and constipation problems. Gook luck!