Can a broken hip cause blood clots?

Babygirl93707 asked...

I was in a car wreck a little over a year ago. I broke my hip had to have a screw put in it. I also factor my pelvis in two places and shared my tellbone. When I came home from the hospital I had to have blood thiner shots. But I don't take them know. But my leg always hurts and my thieve always swollen some time my leg goes num. I get they buses from nowhere and they not up. Can I still get blood clots and should I be worried?

Reading your question, your pain and swelling could be caused by a blood clot. Blood clots are a risk whenever there is old trauma. However, if it was a clot, your leg would always be swollen, red, and painful, not just on certain days.

Your leg issues could also be from nerve damage from the accident or arthritis. To really know for sure, I would recommend going to see your healthcare provider, so they can assess you to see what is going on with your leg. They can order tests to see if you have a blood clot. Good luck!