Is it normal for someone who has Alzheimer's to make a mess while urinating?

Is it normal for someone who has Alzheimer's to make a mess in the bathroom while urinating? Could there be a problem that we need to speak to his doctor about? My dad moved in with me in September and at first there wasn't much of a problem but, now I am having to clean the floor around the toilet every day to keep it clean and dry. The back of the toilet stays in a mess also.

A social worker and geriatric consultant who specializes in dementia care, Joyce Simard is based in Land O' Lakes, Florida, and in Prague. She is a well-known speaker and has written two books, one focusing on end-of-life care and the other, entitled The Magic Tape Recorder, explaining aging, memory loss, and how children can be helpers to their elders.
Your father is having a problem with his "aim." The toilet is white and the seat is white. Try a colored toilet seat. The toilet seat may also be to low. Seat risers are available in stores with handicapped equipment.

Painfully struggling answered...

We use to have a handicap toilet where we were living but not since we moved. The advice on this website of using a seat riser is a money saving idea to achieve a close second.

My father also has this issue and it is due to trouble urinating because of an enlarged prostate. Because his urine stream is weak, he doesn't have good control over his "aim". My mother actually noticed this problem several years before he was diagnosed with enlarged prostate. Like the Alzheimer symptoms, they successfully dealt with and concealed the problems until others started to notice things.

my grandfather is in the same situation with making a mess and enlarged prostate and Alzheimer. one thing my grandma helps him in the restroom with moving his foreskin that he doesnt remember to move it anymore don't know if that helps but my problem is that he is going to the bathroom after just going to the bathroom and he says that if he doesn't he will pee his pants but all that is coming out is a teaspoon so do you have any ideas we try making him wait but he gets really angry . doctor say that maybe it is the disease. does anyone else have that problem and how have you dealt with it? distractions did not work either

My husband urinates all over the house - anywhere except the bathroom. This is not incontinence. He does have bladder control. Any insight would be appreciated!