Kingstreet Rehabilitation

787 King Street, Rye Brook, NY, 10573

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Kingstreet Rehabilitation

LouZ September 11, 2015

We looked at quite a few facilities before deciding that this was our top choice for my mother after a serious illness. We initially were thinking King Street would be third on our list based on the high reputation of some other facilities but ended up being our first choice. One other highly regarded facility seemed more interested in our money than anything else. The other couldn't even take the time to follow up with facility tour requests - then said they would put her in the old wing and never move her to the new facility when an opening came available. King Street was by far the most accommodating given my travel schedule for work and my tour was given by Colleen, the head of phys therapy which sold me. Still we were nervous whether we made the right decision or not. After a short while we realized that the entire staff was so caring and compassionate and had such a great way of dealing with my mother that made us know we made the right decision. There were a couple of times the staffing seemed a little tight (on a holiday) but I will say we never found them just sitting around (After all, the staffing at the so called top hospitals is non existent so in comparison they did fine). The staff is constantly out and about with the residents - not lounging at the nurses station. They must do a rigorous screening process as I was blown away with how universally caring and compassionate the staff was - from the front desk staff to the caregivers. Special call out to "O", Yvonne Nancy and the others. We are very happy with the choice we made.

Caring110811150 July 31, 2015

My husband was at King Street Rehab, and it was OK, not perfect. The place is clean, and I think they do the best that they can. During the Jewish holiday, they did a very nice celebration.

Anna Orlando April 20, 2015

My family & I would NOT recommend King Street Nursing for their loved ones. There was a lack of communication and caring at this facility. Not only for our Dad, but from what I personally saw with other residents. Very sad situation. Thank goodness our family was able there every day & night. Not sure what the situation would have been otherwise.

Carol101762350 February 16, 2015

The staff at King Street was phenomenal. The rooms were beautiful. The food was good, and the dining room was beautiful and very nice. The surroundings looked like a country club; it was beautiful. Everybody was pleasant. The place seemed to be secured and safe.

Caring75175950 December 30, 2013

My husband is now in King Street Nursing Home and I will say it has been very good. The care is very good. The facility itself is kept excellently. It has impeccable housekeeping. They have done just about everything we require. The food is fine too. It is very convenient to the Hutchinson River Parkway.

Nancy D. M. September 13, 2013

My Mom is a resident at King Street Home. The staff has been amazing in caring for my Mom. She had the choice to go home or stay and she decided to stay. As a gerontological social worker I help families keep their relatives out of nursing homes to age in place in familiar surroundings. It was not an easy decision to have my own Mom in a nursing home. But it was a really good choice.

abuse March 01, 2013

My father was recently in King Street. I have to say that my family raced to get him out of there as fast as we could. The first morning that he was there he was placed in a wheelchair with inadequete supervision. He has dementia and was very agitated, these things were known by the staff even at the time he was in the wheelchair. He attempted to stand up, and fell, obtaining a hematoma on his head and had to be taken back to the hospital a day after he left to come to King St. Even when I was informed of this incident, the nurse was cold and matter of fact, giving me no indication what the process would be eg. if he would return. The nursing staff was cold and for the most part uncaring. The people who seemed to care were either overwhelmed and couldn't spend any time with us or were within the administration . The nursing staff sometimes didn't even turn their back when I needed a response to a question. When we asked for help from the room, once we were told that "all aids were helping with dinner and couldn't come for a while." I have never taken the time to write a review but I care enough about those looking for good nursing/homes and rehab for their loved ones, to write about this. Never send anyone to King Street. You will be more stressed and your loved one may get worse instead of better.

About Kingstreet Rehabilitation

Kingstreet Rehabilitation is a nursing home in Rye Brook, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Kingstreet Rehabilitation for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Kingstreet Rehabilitation

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff
  • Medicare Provider Number 335447

Location of Kingstreet Rehabilitation