Harbor View Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

1513 North Second Street, Memphis, TN, 38107

Reviews of Harbor View Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

B.Boyd May 11, 2015

Harbor view has a very nice structure . It's near the river so it has potential. Potential unrealized. There are 3 major problems at harbor view , the management , the staffing and the cleanliness. There isn't enough staff to serve the patients and managing heads and nurses don't care I've seen them all sitting while patient lights are glaring and ringing in mass. The same people that clean rooms and patients serve and often don't change gloves or wash their hands. This has to be poor training. The director is often out or "unavailable " I rarely see any therapy. I would not recommend this place to anyone who is actually Iill or injured and can't do for themselves. Potential failed.

Dorothy104845850 January 22, 2015

Harbor View is horrible. They really are just not taking care of her like they should. When she calls for assistance, they don't come. She can't move or do anything. Everybody is giving different information about the room accommodations. No one is on the same page regarding the rules and regulations of the facility. The food is not very appetizing. She doesn't have a whole lot of food choices. She actually lost weight there because she is not eating the food. It's just their inconsistency, and they act like they don't care. It's their way or no way. They don't try to make concessions. It's their responsibility to have the appropriate staff to do what they need to do for her. She doesn't get a lot of her care because the staff has a lot of patients to take care of. It's not her responsibility. It's not like you are doing it out of the goodness of your heart. She is paying for this care, and they are not giving her the care that she should get.

charlen127 July 23, 2012

The nursing home was in good condition from the looks and cleanliness of it. I think the atmosphere of the building was great as well. It accommodated for, of course, the residents of the home, but as well for the visitors. There was enjoyment for visitors while they were there, as well as refreshments. The employers were bright and wore smiles every time they would greet you and the residents. I was treated with much respect and my family members were also. We were allowed to interact with our family members who were residents the way we pleased. Another good thing about the facility that I saw as a problem at other facilities was that the residents had nice quality beds and equipment in their rooms. My visit at a nursing home in another city was not as pleasant and didn't have the equipment safe for residents that live there. If you were in the same town and had to make the decision to let a relative move into a facility, I would recommend this one. If you aren't sure, you should visit the facility that your considering at least 3 times before making the decision.

FireWolf August 07, 2011

i would rather sleep under the Mississippi bridge and have gound hogs take care of me.

From Harbor View Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

Our entire lives are made up of choices. Good ones, bad ones; choices we would never repeat, and those we would make over and over again. At Harbor View Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, we ensure that our residents continue to have a choice. Whether choosing an afternoon's activity or meal for the day, our residents maintain their dignity and independence by continuing to make their own choices. That's the difference in the Harbor View experience. Our goal at Harbor View is to be your first choice for your residential and short-stay rehabilitative needs. We understand that you may have many options available to you, but we know that our skilled physicians, clinicians, therapists and support team are unique to Harbor View. We pride ourselves on the compassionate care we provide our patients. If it matters to you, it matters to us.

Features of Harbor View Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 05/18/17)

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff
  • Medicare Provider Number 445428
  • Resident Capacity 103
  • Ownership Type For Profit Corporation

Location of Harbor View Nursing & Rehabilitation Center